Logic constantly asks to download additional content

SergioMartins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.

I just migrated from iMac to my new Mac Pro but the samples (Logic and GarageBand) are on an external drive.

I have the EXS24 factory patches on my internal SSD (Library/Application Support/Logic) they're shown in EXS but when I try to load most of the instruments I am prompted to install additional content and the samples of the instrument are missing. I would have to redirect them manually one by one which would last 3 years...

• 3 years later...
I know this thread is getting old, but I’m having a similar (same?) problem. LPX tries to download the SAME content every time I open it. My LPX library shows that things I have downloaded and installed MULTIPLE times, are not installed. I tried the deleting the 2 preferences files (LPX & LP9), re-indexed Spotlight and although I had the complete Additional Content installed, the content manager doesn’t see it. Harrumph! :x

• 1 month later...

It started to happen here also, two days ago...

It started with only when the same specific (performance) channel-strip setting onto which EXS24 (Flute Section Legato) is instantiated, whenever I select it from the presets Library, I get the message:

• "Some additional content is needed for this project.
    Do you want to download it now?"
    [Cancel] [Download]

If I click on [Download], the same 494.6MB start downloading again every time, regardless I had proceeded with that same download & successful installation few minutes ago, and despite that the Select All Uninstalled button was greyed out in the sound library manager, meaning there is nothing missing or new available...

I suspect that the performance channel-strip being quite old, dating from LP9 (or even perhaps LP8) could be the cause of that issue; although the channel-strip setting performance plays flawlessly otherwise (even when I click on [Cancel] to avoid another useless download).

Pretty annoying indeed!

But now today, things got a little worse! :(

Upon booting Logic, I got an alert, before the Startup dialog showed up, informing there were available new content.

I opened the Sound Library manager, clicked on Select All Uninstalled button. Doing same revealed there was indeed some Guitar new sounds, and a couple of Alchemy content available. I proceeded to download and install all the new content, which completed successfully (according to Logic's popup message at the end).

However after I went back to check in the Sound Library manager, there was under Alchemy, that Gozadera Latina content (which status was marked as Outdated) remaining to be installed. Since then, all my attempts to install it, despite being prompted as successful every time, remains futile as Logic keeps alerting me at every boot-up that there is additional content available, and the same Gozadera Latina element shows up still as outdated but available for installation.

-I tried re-indexing Spotlight as explained here, to no avail.

-Ditching prefs did not help either.

-Never relocated any libraries. They've always been and still remain on the main drive (original default install location).

-The problem occurred only on the Mac Pro so far, which have had only LPX ever installed (no other versions LP9, LP8)). Only old projects and presets from another MacBookPro were copied to the (trash can) MacPro...

UPDATE:
Booting Logic under a new user account (apparently) solved the "Gozadera Latina" issue for good.

Even though Logic's alert to update popped again (once in the new temporary user account), the installation proceeded and did not repeated itself anymore. And in the Sound Library management window, the Gozadera Latina item no longer appeared as Outdated but as Installed. Consequently, rebooting the computer back in my usual account, Logic behaved well (i.e Gozadera Latina appearing there also as Installed and no more related installation alert in that regard popped anymore).

However the first issue mentioned above involving the EXS24 (Flute Section Legato) performance channel-strip setting remains unsolved...

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
It started to happen here also, two days ago...

Thanks for the confirmation that I’m not the only one, Atlas!

David- Yes I still haven’t migrated the content to a different HD (all on the system drive). Maybe I’ll get an external and move it once I get it working like it ‘supposed to’. :roll:

Ugh! I believe that I tried booting LPX under my admin “troubleshooting” account already, but I’ll try it again and report back... fingers crossed!

• 1 year later...
After the recent update (Early May 2020) I am continually being told that I need to download additional content in order to play the project I am working in It is getting really annoying I have downloaded and installed this 'so called' additional content several times now but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Did anyone ever find a solution for this I can't find anything in the Mac help forums that mention this.

I too am seeing this problem since today. I updated to Logic 10.5 yesterday and I noticed it tells me to download additional contents when I open "some" projects. I do this "download" and save the project. The next time I start the project it asks the same again. I any case if I ignore this and continue the project seems to run normally. Nothing missing!

I too am seeing this problem since today. I updated to Logic 10.5 yesterday and I noticed it tells me to download additional contents when I open "some" projects. I do this "download" and save the project. The next time I start the project it asks the same again. I any case if I ignore this and continue the project seems to run normally. Nothing missing!

Does your project contain tracks with Drumkit or Drumkit Designer? I found that this was the problem. I created a new thread for this.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148649

Does your project contain tracks with Drumkit or Drumkit Designer? I found that this was the problem. I created a new thread for this.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148649

It does! I will take a look at your thread in the morning and let you know if it helps.

Thank you.

Had this problem since update to 10.5 (but there could be other factors involved - I downloaded instruments/plugins so update to 10.5 may not be the reason)

FIX:

spotlight -> search for "Storage Management" -> select "Music Creation" and remove everything from it (in my case there were apple loops (~1GB) and instruments (~50GB)),

then: open logic pro, it asks for installing components (like in fresh install), installs default components (~1.5GB),

then: I opened my project, it asked to download additional instrument needed exactly for that project, I allowed it. After that logic pro doesn't ask for additional downloads anymore

Didn't check other instrument, bug guess after installing them from sound library manager they should be fine.

Had this problem since update to 10.5 (but there could be other factors involved - I downloaded instruments/plugins so update to 10.5 may not be the reason)

FIX:

spotlight -> search for "Storage Management" -> select "Music Creation" and remove everything from it (in my case there were apple loops (~1GB) and instruments (~50GB)),

then: open logic pro, it asks for installing components (like in fresh install), installs default components (~1.5GB),

then: I opened my project, it asked to download additional instrument needed exactly for that project, I allowed it. After that logic pro doesn't ask for additional downloads anymore

Didn't check other instrument, bug guess after installing them from sound library manager they should be fine.

This worked for me ... thank you :)

FIX:

Thanks, anyway - but this did not work for me.

Any project with a Drummer track, or if I try to add one, tells me to download content.

Easy enough to ignore it, especially since I seldom use Drummer anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

SAME ISSUE

Updated to latest logic release

Have a drummer track in an empty songwriter template as guide track for tracking guitar....

Asking to download content and enter system credentials every time I open....pain in the ass