Logic Pro X 10.1 Released! (screenshots)

David Nahmani

new features, new code, require...new code in the OS. it's always been that way. and one day, you'll realize that you're running an old system, and that there are other apps that now require you to update. just the nature of the beast.

Logic 9 remained 10.6.8 compatible for its life cycle. IMO it is Apple's intention to force users to upgrade.

Logic Pro 9 was released prior to OS X 10.6.

They're are many new enhancement behind the scenes in recent OS X versions that Logic uses.

OS X is also under a free upgrade plan. That makes it easier for developers to continue forward refining the applications instead of hunting for numerous bugs and compatibility issues with older OS X releases.

They're are many new enhancement behind the scenes in recent OS X versions that Logic uses.

OS X is also under a free upgrade plan. That makes it easier for developers to continue forward refining the applications intend of hunting for numerous bugs and compatibility issues with older OS X releases.

except new os' also bring new bugs. logic may work well, but time and again it becomes a bit of a lottery with regard to everything outside of logic ie 3rd-party plugs, interface drivers etc

as for logic 9 and snow leopard ?? the last logic 9 update was still supporting an o.s released 3.4 years earlier. now, an os older than 16 months is considered too old :shock:

OS X is also under a free upgrade plan. That makes it easier for developers to continue forward refining the applications instead of hunting for numerous bugs and compatibility issues with older OS X releases.

except new os' also bring new bugs. logic may work well, but time and again it becomes a bit of a lottery with regard to everything outside of logic ie 3rd-party plugs, interface drivers etc

as for logic 9 and snow leopard ?? the last logic 9 update was still supporting an o.s released 3.4 years earlier. now, an os older than 16 months is considered too old :shock:

Eric, sure that's true in the broad sense. But as pointed out by el-bo many 3rd party plugins and hardware break with OS upgrades and can take months for fixes to arrive. As someone who composes for a living, playing the production lottery isn't something I can afford to do, and breaking support for an OS less than 2 years old mid life cycle does not make any Logical sense. (Pun intended :lol: ) Rant over :P

Logic 9 remained 10.6.8 compatible for its life cycle. IMO it is Apple's intention to force users to upgrade.

For what? They don't get anything with it. Yosemite still runs on 2008 MacBooks, and its a free upgrade, and so is Logic X.

So what would they gain from that??

Eric, sure that's true in the broad sense. But as pointed out by el-bo many 3rd party plugins and hardware break with OS upgrades and can take months for fixes to arrive. As someone who composes for a living, playing the production lottery isn't something I can afford to do, and breaking support for an OS less than 2 years old mid life cycle does not make any Logical sense. (Pun intended :lol: ) Rant over :P

i don't get it. Then don't update? Is anyone forcing you to update logic? You can still run LP7 on PowerPC if you want :) Or you can run LPX 10.0.7 on Mavericks. :)

...many 3rd party plugins and hardware break with OS upgrades and can take months for fixes to arrive.

Sure but that's out of Apple's reach.

Many 3rd party plug-in developer make sure that their plug-ins are working on day one.

As someone who composes for a living, playing the production lottery isn't something I can afford to do, and breaking support for an OS less than 2 years old mid life cycle does not make any Logical sense.

No one is forcing you to update.

You can keep working on Logic 9.1.8 in 10.6.8 if you want.

• 2 months later...

So - the screen shot in your post shows the "Marker Flag" button - that button is missing on my Global Tracks Menu. Mine looks exactly the same as the screen shot png file - except that the flag button is not there. I have tried de-selecting and selecting everything in the Configure Global Tracks config but that doesn't affect the appearance - or lack thereof - for the marker flag button on my system.

My goal is to have it appear as you have it shown on your screen shot and I am looking high and low to find any other mention of this. Seems like this thread drifted off without actually addressing this issue? Yes? No?

Regardless - I am totally new to LPX - taking lots of online tutorials and trying to fast track getting up to speed. So this is a brand new installation and I didn't purposely turn that button off - I see it in almost every tutorial screen and can't seem to figure this out. Do appreciate any help or guidance. Thanks guys.

Tim G.

So - the screen shot in your post shows the "Marker Flag" button - that button is missing on my Global Tracks Menu. Mine looks exactly the same as the screen shot png file - except that the flag button is not there. I have tried de-selecting and selecting everything in the Configure Global Tracks config but that doesn't affect the appearance - or lack thereof - for the marker flag button on my system.

That button was a new feature introduced with 10.0 and that disappeared with 10.1.

That button was a new feature introduced with 10.0 and that disappeared with 10.1.

I wonder why they removed it...?