Logic Pro X 10.1 Released! (screenshots)

David Nahmani

FYI: no slashes in folder names in the plugin organizer! it made multiple same folders, so i switched to a dash - .

EDIT: sure i am gonna rethink this by tomorrow (LOL)...and wish i could hide the bottom entries (since EVERYTHING is now in my chosen folders), but...great stuff.

http://floydfisher.com/LXmenu.png

just not sure why "drum machine designer" is grayed out (it wasn't an hour ago...).. :shock:

Edited by fisherking

and wish i could hide the bottom entries (since EVERYTHING is now in my chosen folders), but...great stuff.

Yeah, I wish that I could hide the bottom entries as well!

EDIT: sure i am gonna rethink this by tomorrow (LOL)

Nice idea with having numbers at the beginning of the names! Cool!

Hello,

Awesome update. I was really hoping forward to using the logic remote update but I can't seem to get it to connect. Everytime I try to connect, it sees my mac pro, but it just does the circle thing and doesn't do anything and just continues to say select the application to control.

I have restarted iPad once, turned off and on wifi on iPad, don't know what to do. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Same issue but once I updated the app in the app store it woke right up.

Hello,

Awesome update. I was really hoping forward to using the logic remote update but I can't seem to get it to connect. Everytime I try to connect, it sees my mac pro, but it just does the circle thing and doesn't do anything and just continues to say select the application to control.

I have restarted iPad once, turned off and on wifi on iPad, don't know what to do. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

I had a few issues with Logic Remote too at first, no levels showing in the meters during playback and I wasn't able to open plug in windows. A restart of both Logic on the mac and then relaunching Logic Remote fixed it right away, all good now.

I haven't been this happy in years!! :) :)

I love the new GUI in the compressor, especially the input trim and the controls that used to be hidden under the disclosure triangle. This is, by far, my favorite update since starting using Logic back in Logic Pro 8.

Everything is amazing, and I can't imagine anyone complaining... but I'm sure they will. ;)

Both simultaneously impressed and disappointed.

Impressed because of all the problems addressed.

Utter disappointment because there is no mention of MusicXML - Both Load and Save - which impacts the integration/round-tripping with other products such as... Notation and Sibelius even muscore.

Again disappointment because there is no mention of improvements in the import of midi files, specifically drag and drop multiple files - as reaper does so elegantly, and logic does sooo badly.

Someday's 1/2 the battle is getting stuff in and out of logic, so yea, I wish these core IO items would have been addressed.

I know, I know - 10 new drummers sounds so much sexier, right. ;)

Chris

Hi all,

I'm a long time follower but this is my first post here. Long time Logic-user, and couldn't resist to update to 10.1.

I wonder thou if I'm the only one with this:

- When jumping between markers with OPT-arrowns left/right - cyclemode/area used to follow. I use this all the time to quickly jump between parts in a song, and make cyclemode/area follow. In 10.1 cyclemode/area doesn't follow thou... Is it the same for you? I have yet to fint a way to turn this on/off. Anyone here that know if this a on/off feature?

Best regards,

Tobbe Rydén

ACT Logic Pro X

Sweden

Utter disappointment because there is no mention of MusicXML - Both Load and Save - which impacts the integration/round-tripping with other products such as... Notation and Sibelius even muscore.

Again disappointment because there is no mention of improvements in the import of midi files, specifically drag and drop multiple files - as reaper does so elegantly, and logic does sooo badly.

Look again:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

J.

Maybe crash during installaton.. :cry:

After updating 10.1.. Somthing strange in download additional content window.

Is this normal ?

And no vintage mellotron in library windows..

How can i re download additional content again?

1962604971_2015-01-225_47_39.thumb.png.4e95014a57ef8455a4b836ab91eb1a18.png

Edited by isorabi

I see music xml only as export - but still no mention of import.

is this what you mean Jordi? - "Simultaneously dragging multiple MIDI files into the Tracks area now behaves as expected when using No Overlap mode."

I was just replying to this:

no mention of MusicXML - Both Load and Save

I've never used this function, so I can't say much.

As far as importing goes, have you ever tried it with Import > Other...?

J.

Click and hold on the cycle button in the Control bar and you'll find the menu.

There are alternatives there, yes. But no alternative to make cycle area follow playhead jumping between markers (with OPT-arrows), like it did in 10.0.7 and earlier versions.

There must be a way to turn this on in 10.1 I guess. Haven't found it yet thou.

/T

I've never used this function, so I can't say much.

As far as importing goes, have you ever tried it with Import > Other...?

J.

Jordi, apple only did the export, not the import of MusicXML.

So with Notation, Sibeleus, MuScore you can't do "too much work" as you're forced to reduce it down to midi. Thus the possibility of inter-app co-operation at the highest level is lost. Never-mind that MusicXML is an in acsii readable form, that too opens up a lot of development possibilities and further inter app communications.

So not having it do both load and save, is like -if- the Adobe suite was only able to communicate via jpg's - the lowest common denominator.

It's funny really, as Jobs once said the biggest regret was not partnering with other application / hardware makers to make the customer experience better.

The slight sarcasm over the 10 drums, is that to me it signals, that now marketing are driving development just as much or more than users / musicians or the development team. Which in-turn invariably means a lot of core work and core fixes gets left undone in favour of headliners - been there.