Logic Pro X 10.1 Released! (screenshots)

David Nahmani

@Chris. Try to look from a different perspective. I for one have no use for MusicXL. I don't see Drummer as a gimmick. I think it's damn powerfull and very usefull for demo's. So I'm happy with 10 more drummers.

I'm happy you're happy with 10 drummers.. really.

But different horses different courses, I wanted musicXML for interapp communication, to be able to create the next generation of apps that transport more information from one app to another - so you dont have to - so you become more efficient, the tools become more efficient, and everything works with everything else - what ever product you use.

Hope that's clearer why I wanted it, and why i think that it's a shame it's not there.

8)

@Chris. Try to look from a different perspective. I for one have no use for MusicXL. I don't see Drummer as a gimmick. I think it's damn powerfull and very usefull for demo's. So I'm happy with 10 more drummers.

I'm happy you're happy with 10 drummers.. really.

But different horses different courses, I wanted musicXML for interapp communication, to be able to create the next generation of apps that transport more information from one app to another - so you dont have to - so you become more efficient, the tools become more efficient, and everything works with everything else - what ever product you use.

Hope that's clearer why I wanted it, and why i think that it's a shame it's not there.

It was already clear. No need to be sarcastic. You're salty. I understand that.

Most got what they asked for and are happy. Maybe it's your turn next time. It has nothing to with marketing.........or horses. Just priority and resources.....

In the mean time I'll stick to Auganizer. 8)

I'm not being sarcastic, if you want me to i can be.

" It has nothing to with marketing", only someone who'd never ever worked for a large mutinational would ever say that - so it's clear you don't have that experience, yet you feel your comment has worth!! . (there sarcasm - and truth - all in one just for you)

Now go make music. Go play. Conversation over.

Maybe crash during installaton.. :cry:

After updating 10.1.. Somthing strange in download additional content window.

Is this normal ?

And no vintage mellotron in library windows..

How can i re download additional content again?

[attachment=0]스크린샷 2015-01-22 오후 5.47.39.png[/attachment]

Same situation for me. The "Additional Content" window is completely empty. I tried it on both of my computers, no difference. Any suggestions?

Yes! Love the new drum machine designer!! The fact it automatically does multi-out combined with the much improved piano roll means i don't see myself visiting Ultrabeat very much/ever again.

Love all the other updates although can't figure out the difference between VCA faders and previous folder behaviour or the two new automation options (trim and relative).

Edited by YosserTenThousand

Both simultaneously impressed and disappointed.

Impressed because of all the problems addressed.

Utter disappointment because there is no mention of MusicXML - Both Load and Save - which impacts the integration/round-tripping with other products such as... Notation and Sibelius even muscore.

Again disappointment because there is no mention of improvements in the import of midi files, specifically drag and drop multiple files - as reaper does so elegantly, and logic does sooo badly.

Someday's 1/2 the battle is getting stuff in and out of logic, so yea, I wish these core IO items would have been addressed.

I know, I know - 10 new drummers sounds so much sexier, right. ;)

Chris

Why are you so condescending?

Before I go further, why do you need that specifically?

Yes! Love the new drum machine designer!! The fact it automatically does multi-out combined with the much improved piano roll means i don't see myself visiting Ultrabeat very much/ever again.

You do know that the new Drum Machine is actually just Ultrabeat with a ton of FX and routing?

You do know that the new Drum Machine is actually just Ultrabeat with a ton of FX and routing?

Yeh, its not the sounds I'm excited about just the workflow.

I wonder thou if I'm the only one with this:

- When jumping between markers with OPT-arrowns left/right - cyclemode/area used to follow. I use this all the time to quickly jump between parts in a song, and make cyclemode/area follow. In 10.1 cyclemode/area doesn't follow thou... Is it the same for you? I have yet to fint a way to turn this on/off. Anyone here that know if this a on/off feature?

Seems broken at the moment here too.

I'm not being sarcastic, if you want me to i can be.

" It has nothing to with marketing", only someone who'd never ever worked for a large mutinational would ever say that - so it's clear you don't have that experience, yet you feel your comment has worth!! . (there sarcasm - and truth - all in one just for you)

Now go make music. Go play. Conversation over.

I will....with ten Drummers......

Hi !

For now 10.1 is a no way for me…

I've immediately update because of this :

"When a project is saved with a movie open in full screen mode on a second display, the movie now displays in full screen mode when the project is opened"

I'm working with 3 screens on my Mac Pro 3.1 :

Main display : 30"

An HDMI TV for movie

A 7" usb screen for Digicheck

Before 10.1 when loading a song the movie was closed. I have to double click on it, drag it to my 2nd screen (HDMI TV). And then click on "enter full screen"

So I immediately jumped… BAD IDEA !!!!!

All my songs saved with a movie don't open now (it's 99% of my work :evil: ):

black screen or color wheel of death…

from time to time : movie recovering completely my arrange window on my main screen. unable to resize it.

If I close it, my main screen stay black and I have to force quit logic…

I HATE THIS NEW FEATURE !!!!!!!

What is the best way to reverse to X ?

Edited by pieca

Hi !

For now 10.1 is a no way for me…

I've immediately update because of this :

"When a project is saved with a movie open in full screen mode on a second display, the movie now displays in full screen mode when the project is opened"

I'm working with 3 screens on my Mac Pro 3.1 :

Main display : 30"

An HDMI TV for movie

A 7" usb screen for Digicheck

Before 10.1 when loading a song the movie was closed. I have to double click on it, drag it to my 2nd screen (HDMI TV). And then click on "enter full screen"

So I immediately jumped… BAD IDEA !!!!!

All my songs saved with a movie don't open now (it's 99% of my work :evil: ):

black screen or color wheel of death…

from time to time : movie recovering completely my arrange window on my main screen. unable to resize it.

If I close it, my main screen stay black and I have to force quit logic…

I HATE THIS NEW FEATURE !!!!!!!

What is the best way to reverse to X ?

As I said on GS, that is not happening here.

Maybe crash during installaton.. :cry:

After updating 10.1.. Somthing strange in download additional content window.

Is this normal ?

And no vintage mellotron in library windows..

How can i re download additional content again?

[attachment=0]스크린샷 2015-01-22 오후 5.47.39.png[/attachment]

Same situation for me. The "Additional Content" window is completely empty. I tried it on both of my computers, no difference. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution for this?