Next update 10.5 or will it jump to 11 and...

JamesK

It will not jump to 11. I don't understand the phrase "will Sierra be unable to upgrade Logic"... Do you mean "will Logic be incompatible with Sierra"? I'd say maybe 10.6 or 10.7 - or maybe 10.10 or 10.15 or 10.20? There's no telling. I'd expect Sierra to be able to run the latest Logic for at least the rest of this decennium, and probably longer.

What must to be happen for upgrading Logic Pro 11.

Because Logic already have big upgradings and updates right. Like new Reverb, Phat FX , Step FX and Vintage eq selection.

+ Smart Tempo.

To be honest that are upgrades right?, what normally happens for a big upgrade as Logic Pro 11?

Because Logic already have big upgradings and updates right. Like new Reverb, Phat FX , Step FX and Vintage eq selection.

+ Smart Tempo.

To be honest that are upgrades right?, what normally happens for a big upgrade as Logic Pro 11?

i think for 11

New EXS Sampler include 1tb New EXS Library + Chord Track + VR Audio + Dolby Atmos Mix and Master + fastest Audio Edit + and more.

+ Smart Tempo.

i think for 11

New EXS Sampler include 1tb New EXS Library + Chord Track + VR Audio + Dolby Atmos Mix and Master + fastest Audio Edit + and more.

But that can also be happen in Logic Pro X 10.5 I think. If Phat FX, Step FX can be happen in 10.4. Then is it possible that New EXS sampler and Chord Track can be happen in Logic 10.5.

+1 And chord track has been removed nobody knows why, so it would'n be a new feature...

It was commented here, but with the Logic Scripter, you can do Chord Track with MIDI.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=139124

I like the Chord Track idea but to chord track audio would just be impossible when you use complex chords, not simple chords.

I just posted some Scala files for Melodyne, technically you could achieve chord track with audio with a little work using Melodyne.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139488

If Apple follows past behavior they will update LPX to 10.5 in January and will officially support the last two MacOS releases Mojave and High Sierra.

There will be ways to install 10.5 on a Sierra machine, it might work it might not, only way to know for sure is testing at that time.

Edited by scottkrk

If Apple follows past behavior they will update LPX to 10.5 in January and will officially support the last two MacOS releases Mojave and High Sierra.

There will be ways to install 10.5 on a High Sierra machine, it might work it might not, only way to know for sure is testing at that time.

this (like everything else on this thread), is pure speculation. only apple knows what's next, when that will be, and what the OS requirements will be. and we won't know until they spring it on us, as always.

am happy on 10.4.2; whatever's next, will deal with it when it's here.

Yes companies add less and call it a major update. According to those companies current version is like Logic 12 :)

Seriously though for it to be 11 I would expect all new GUI for old plugins, updated Sampler and Ultra Beat, Plug in browser, Drag and Drop everywhere, custom channel order :) etc

• 3 weeks later...
Btw Logic page on Apple does not list some plugins including Ultra Beat and ES1. I don't know if it was always like this but if not, this might be an indication and tomorrow is Mac day :)

There are quite a few instruments missing from the Apple page, they couldn't possibly list them all: EFM1, ES E, ES M, ES P, ES 1, EVOC 20 PS, UltraBeat, even the newer Drum Machine Designer interface isn't mentioned! As for effect plug-ins, they obviously are listing only a sample of what's available.

I love speculating about what might come next in Logic Pro!

My biggest hopes are for a successor to the EXS24. Something akin to the sampler in Garageband for iOS, which is ridiculously easy to use for sampling. Also – the step sequencer in Garageband iOS. Crazy!! Can we please get this for Logic?? (Asking rhetorically here. I know no here is making the decision, hah).

LPX also dabbles in drag-and-drop functionality with the EXS24, Drum Machine Designer, and now Alchemy. Curiously, you can drag-and-drop regions into the EXS24, but can't for the other two?

A couple of workflow killers that would be sweet to see disappear – the performance lag of the Vintage EQs. When I boost a band with any of the 3, there's an audible delay in response from each EQ. Also, Flex Pitch's inconsistent behavior of playing back notes as you click on them (as noted in another thread).

Purely speculative – I wonder if the Multimeter is going to see an expanded set of views? Alchemy features a real-time spectrogram, and Chromaverb has the incredibly stylish graphic display. Based on how the Multimeter is now laid out, I don't see why the "Analyzer Bands" drop-down couldn't turn into "Analyzer Views."

Long time Cubase user here and I would not salivate just yet over Cubase 10. In theory things always look ideal however there are reports coming in that these new features aren't as reliable as one would prefer. They may work out the bugs overtime or they may not. There are many bugs they've never even attempted to fix from previous versions.

Logic Pro for me is reliable and tried-and-true. I'm definitely not looking for gloss or aesthetic titillation. I hope Apple continues along this path of keeping Logic Pro streamlined and without too much fanciful pizzazz.

• 4 weeks later...
My iMac is just one generation too old to use Mojave, so just this weekend I updated to High Sierra and Logic 10.4 which might be the end of the line for that computer. I'm fine with taking free updates until they require an OS update. Then I'm staying put until the iMac rolls over and dies, or I do.

I'm in the same boat with a mid 2011 iMac.

High Sierra is as far as I go!

• 1 month later...

Possible huge improvements:

- A clip based thing a la Live/Bitwig. Digital Performer has it now as well.

- A super-integrated sampling/slicing/synth engine. Like a combination of the EXS, Ultrabeat, Battery and FXpansions Geist. As all of the internal plugins are sort of integrated (IMO the only advance over plain AUs), they should finally take that to a level that would justify them to be reserved for Logic. I could possibly elaborate all day how something such as that could work, but unfortunately nobody seems to be interested. This could easily take Logic to a whole new level when it comes to "modern" production techniques. And it'd be very well worth it, especially as the current "wrapper" approach (as happening with the Studio instruments, DKD and DMD) is absolutely awful.