PodXT guitar effects

Nord Lead 1

Roland JP8000

Roland MC-808

BBE Sonic Maximizer 362+NR

Motu 828mk3 firewire interface

Yamaha SE-70

Rode NT1-A mic

That monitor is my 2nd monitor that i use with my Macbook Pro. Dual monitors FTW!!! :)

-Sin :twisted:

thats awesome Rino!

-Sin :twisted:

totally awesome.

Thanks guys!

I have a very nice wife that was onboard to buying a house large enough to accommodate a 2-room studio build. The downside is I live in a pretty small town, and getting paying clients is tough, so far. Garageband doesn't help, either. ;)

I use Superior 2.0 Never really knew how bad the internal roland sounds were until I started using real samples. No comparison.

Cool..been using BFD2 for a while...don't have a kit tho. Finger Drummer :)

Yeah, its *ucking awesome. I once recorded some nice BFD Kicks and Toms, and then laid them into Geist together with chopstick hitting guitar body sounds, then assigned them all over padKontrol and i had nice epic drumkit for Orchestral stuff!. BFD is awesome source!.

Hi,

Yeah you must be aware of posture. Kneeling is good but it's not for everyone, many find it difficult to get comfortable and it can be distracting until you've practiced for a while. Once you are practiced it actually is great and keeps your legs/spine in good condition (training without training).

Good posture is vital and i recommend a posture chair like the one's in the link below.

Bad mouse position and use will also give problems and thin cheap guitar straps (heavy guitars) digging into the side of the neck and pressing on D6 in your back will give a set of problems many guitarists have. I see people in my clinic with serious conditions brought about by poor postural awareness. The computer is addictive and users don't take regular breaks (eye strain included). Guitar straps give serious issues and i can't think of a worse scenario than having the mind of Django/Zappa and not be able to play anymore because of pain.

All that learning and practice in vain.

Cheers! Dave.

Kneeling Chairs

http://www.backinaction.co.uk/kneeling

Gotta Luv Fz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNYtEq9BnY

• 4 weeks later...
guys this week i will paint the walls, but which colour is nice with the gears?

In my (incredibly humble) studio, I've opted to keep the walls white and add adjustable colored ambient lighting, so in effect the room can be whatever color I want it to be with the push of a button. It may help set certain moods when I'm writing, when I have to do videos (which I will for certain projects, but that's a different story), it'll help set the "stage" professionally, and if I can get it to play right, it'll be able to serve as a recording indicator light system. Any other color would only come from acoustic treatment, whenever I decide how I'm going to treat the room.

That said, if I understand your question correctly, the only real color to be gleaned from the gear you have in your signature is the yellow of your KRKs' cones… I have no idea how I'd do that. Maybe search online for photos of studios with KRKs and see what they did? :?

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my playroom. If you look in the corner, you will find my Lava lamp. They are very important in getting the creative juices to flow! The space in front of the Axiom will house my MC Control when it arrives, and the Presonus FP10 will be replaced with the MOTU 828MK3.

the only similarity i've found is the wall digital clock and screen. Is it LG? :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Dave!

I'm loving the Magic Trackpad!

Can't compare with a trackball cause I don't use one on a regular bases in more than 10 years.

I'm using the TrackPad for more than a year and for me the mouse as we know it is dead for good.

I like Apple's Trackpad for everything. Logic included.

There's not a specific gesture I use with Logic though.

But I like the huge surface and to use my hand freely.

VERY nice!! How do you like the big TrackPad with Logic?? Hard for me to think about not having my trackball, but....

Hi David.

Try it. If you like the MacBook pad you'll like the Magic Trackpad even more.

It's larger and the freedom to position it any where and use your hand and fingers also freely it's well worth it.

But it is a matter of personal taste.

The minimalism is not intentional.

;)

Anyway, I'm going to NYC next year and already planning to populate the scene a bit more.

Planning on buying a lunchbox with 4 APIs.

It will be a nice pic to my eyes.

:)

Dani, your photograph actually inspired me to try out a trackpad. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with mices of every kind, and never liked trackballs. And everytime I'm on a MacBook I'm feeling curiously comfortable.

Anyway, cool little minimalist setup, I like that. Focus on the music. :wink: