Studio Pics

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks I am loving this Eastwood Airline 3P.

I bought from the Lead Guitarist of The Polyphonic Spree.

Its Pickups have been replaced with 2 P90's and 1 Humbucker.

Also Lock in tuners.

Right on! You can't go wrong with P90's. (Tone monsters!)

I, too, have an Airline guitar - a Barney Kessel model - also bought from a (different) touring musician. Those guitars are amazingly potent in a live setting, and sound great on records too.

Thanks I am loving this Eastwood Airline 3P.

I bought from the Lead Guitarist of The Polyphonic Spree.

Its Pickups have been replaced with 2 P90's and 1 Humbucker.

Also Lock in tuners.

Right on! You can't go wrong with P90's. (Tone monsters!)

I, too, have an Airline guitar - a Barney Kessel model - also bought from a (different) touring musician. Those guitars are amazingly potent in a live setting, and sound great on records too.

Yep it sounds awesome. Was playing through a Orange ADR30 and man did it sound great.

Loving the Bigsby and the lock in tuners were a big help.

@slamthecrank

Aurora en Pekín! What a great piece! I know it from the Marc Ribot and The Prosthetic Cubans album (one of my favorite guitar players, by the way)...I haven't heard the original by Alfredo Boloña yet, though...

Nice rendition and playing, man!

J.

Oh, thank you so much!! That is very kind of you to say. I enjoy a lot of Cuban music - especially the "son" style... and yep, Ribot does a really great version on that album. That entire album is fantastic, to be honest. He's a super talented interpreter and player.

PS - here is the original, that is Alfredo singing lead... it's off-putting to some, but I think it's brilliant. Don't know if you knew this or not, but Alfredo was a 'little-person' (with big talent!) ... I'll dig up a photo for you.

here he is (all the way to the right) -

Bolona.jpg.217e27b030cf66a6b2494c2882f21173.jpg

Thanks for posting that video...very nice.

I enjoy a lot of Cuban music - especially the "son" style...

Me, too. And seeing you have Harry Partch with his Cloud Chamber Bowls in your avatar I think we have similar tastes in music.

PS - here is the original, that is Alfredo singing lead... it's off-putting to some, but I think it's brilliant. Don't know if you knew this or not, but Alfredo was a 'little-person' (with big talent!) ... here he is (all the way to the right) -

I didn't know he was a "little person"....interesting. Arsenio Rodríguez (whose compositions are also featured on the Ribot album) was blinded by a mule's kick (or was it a horse?) to the head when he was a boy...and again, great talent also.

Better stop now...we're way off topic in this thread.

J.

• 2 weeks later...
Revised room change around. Giving 4 feet back from wall and corners for my monitors.

That's nice.

What kind of mixer is that? Hope you don't mine me asking but I'm thinking of getting a mixer at some stage.

Thanks

Thanks and no worries. Its a ALTO L-12:

http://www.altoproaudio.com/index.php?template=3&id_prod=75&id_padre=122123570344496

Also underneath it I have a cast iron Laptop stand.

This stand has held my Rack mount that is on the floor and never has let down.

It always gives me the view I need. I am currently looking for more.

Revised room change around. Giving 4 feet back from wall and corners for my monitors.

That's nice.

What kind of mixer is that? Hope you don't mine me asking but I'm thinking of getting a mixer at some stage.

Thanks

Thanks and no worries. Its a ALTO L-12:

http://www.altoproaudio.com/index.php?template=3&id_prod=75&id_padre=122123570344496

Also underneath it I have a cast iron Laptop stand.

This stand has held my Rack mount that is on the floor and never has let down.

It always gives me the view I need. I am currently looking for more.

Thanks for the info and the link I'll check it out :)

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.0 Setup. Found my new desk on the side of the road :). It works for me.

In the room Baldwin FunMachine 100% working. 2 x10 speakers on the Baldwin with built in drum machine. ZT Lunchbox in Head Mode with 2 x 12 Peavey Red Fang Speakers Cab. Alto 12 Channel mixer on my desk. HP 23 inch with HDMI next to my iMac for Arrangement window in Logic. Custom mic stand which can barely be seen cause I took a panoramic picture with my phone. Eastwood Airline 3P with P90's and Lock in Tuners. My rig is in my signature.

IMAG2638.thumb.jpg.c509187dd781e25179a87e154bddf224.jpg

Panoramic view of the room.

. ZT Lunchbox in Head Mode with 2 x 12 Peavey Red Fang Speakers Cab.

How do you find the ZT after moving to the states and selling all my amps im looking to get something to have some fun with and they look pretty cool.

Well I got really really lucky with the ZT. So I am sure you know that it has a mode to turn off the speaker and use the ZT as a Amp Head? It is 200 watts of Solid State fun at 8 ohms and above. I went into a Guitar Center cause they were sold out online and such. They are $259-$359 online depending on where you get it.

When I went in I saw it was $199 used so I asked to test it out. I plugged up and the speaker was blown! I was upset ... so so upset. So the guy there said he was very sorry. As he was unhooking it, I said can I try it in a amp head mode to see if it still works? He said if you would like. I tried it on a 1965 Marshall and it pumped the whole thing so loud. A few employees came over and asked what head I was using. So I then asked cut me a deal and I will take it since I will use it as a head with a 2 x 12 cabinet anyways. He went to the back and offered it too me for $100. I kind of was like no....shrugged and started to pack up my gear. Then he said look man its broken so let me see what I can do. He came back and offered it too me for $60 and I slapped his hand and said deal! So using it as a head its very very loud. I have jammed with bands and played shows. From ZZ TOP to Band of Horses alot of acts are using these on stage. ZZ TOP on VHL storytellers is actually using the amps with no cabinets. They are very cool and awesome. I can play loud as I want on clean and it will not distort. I expect good things to come with the ZT company. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...