3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

The above downloads have been updated - in the V8 plugins in some configurations the next/pre buttons don't correctly step through the always-alphabetically sorted patch menus, they skip over the "featured" patches and I didn't spot that until doing the Stage-73, so there were some patches that got missed. I've added these back in so you should re-download if you previously downloaded those.

I also added Casio CZ presets to the Arturia CZ V post.

• 1 month later...

tal-j-8_sm.thumb.jpg.eaae2752daf7eecc31b23599a0fa2362.jpg

TAL J-8

400+ Presets from TAL's Jupiter 8 emulation.

TAL J-8.zip

(3MB archive, 8MB expanded) (updated)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/TAL-Togu Audio Line/TAL-J-8/
(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

seventh_heaven_professional_01.thumb.jpg.6b7cd7202c1821efb6de2c0a6e6e8bc3.jpg

LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven Professional

Presets from LiquidSonics' Bricasti M7-based reverb.

Seventh Heaven Professional.zip

(700KB archive, 800KB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/LiquidSonics/Seventh Heaven Professional/

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

I hope your generosity will not be discouraged...

As you mention, I think that is because those never actually got involved into such a dantean chore...

I personally struggled quite a bit with the AAS collections... And in the end I had to withdraw the 3rd party libraries I had converted... :( Anyhow, that is another story...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Oh - did I not do those? Oops - you should have let me know and I would have done them! Thanks for the fill, though...

Since you're insisting, let me comply... :mrgreen:

The following are awaiting:

• Buchla Easel V
  • Mini V
  • Matrix-12 V
  • Solina V
  • SEM V
  • ARP2600 V
  • CS-80 V
  • Prophet V
  • Modular V
  • Synthi V
  • Clavinet V
  • Farfisa V
  • Wurli V
  • VOX Continental V
  • Mellotron V
  • B-3 V
  • CMI V
  • DX7 V
  • Synclavier V
  • Analog Lab V

Since you're insisting, let me comply... :mrgreen:

The following are awaiting:

I've already done all those? Check the index... None of those have had major new versions, I only do new versions of previously done stuff if a major new version with new presets comes out (eg, the new JP8 version etc). All the others have been already done, to the best of my knowledge, unless I'm missing something.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138224#p709373

My mistake...

I should have checked your index.

However, the Mellotron and the Synthi from the last Arturia V8 collection were not found...

Here are the Mellotron and the B-3 V2 (since your B-3 V's presets aren't working (anymore) with the latest B-3 V2 plugin version).

I did them by manually since I am not too fond on creating an efficient Automator script...

Arturia Mellotron V AUpresets.zip

Arturia B-3 V2 Factory AU presets.zip

If you could do the Synthi that would complete the Arturia V8 set.

Ah, I see. Presets seem to have changed a bit for newer versions, though.

I have V7 and there are (for example) 75 basses instead of 60, 15 brass presets instead of 13, 62 lead sounds instead of 38 and so on. Not sure if its worth re-doing over those differences but if there's interest I already have a semi-working "Keyboard Maestro" script.

I don't know if the V8 presets are actually compatible with the V7 plugin version.

I only see the V5 presets in this thread.

Here we go: factory presets for Arturia Synclavier V, V7 collection. Definitely a larger number of presets (total 639) than with V5, interestingly also combined with reorganized categories. The "FM" and "Guitar" categories are no longer there.

Why Arturia stopped sending mails a while after I bought V7 is beyond me. I wasn't even aware that there's been a V8 in the meantime...

(Edit: Attachment is too big. What should I do?)

Remember that in general the V5/6 *bundle* designations are different to the actual *instruments* - eg, the first first version of the Matrix 12 was in certain bundles, then they released a V2 of the Matrix 12, and that's in all the bundles since. As they haven't updated the Matrix 12 V2, I haven't done it again as the same presets should work for the most part.

The bundle designations are basically just marketing names for a collection of instruments, and they generally add new ones in each major bundle version (hence why the more recent Arturia patch files are for the new instruments they released in recent bundles, as they hadn't been done yet.)

(Sometimes there are platform/engine differences, but they don't continually change the patch format of each instrument every time.)

Of course, it's possible that they add additional presets in later bundles, but I haven't been laboriously comparing each new release preset by preset to see if there are any new ones, and nor am I just blindly redoing every instrument every time just because there is a new bundle out, because it's a lot of work and probably much of it unnecessary. These bundles contain a lot of instruments and a lot of patches.

And nor am I tracking the extra bonus banks released sometimes, some of which might be offered free to owners, some of which are paid-for extras, as again this gets tricky to navigate. Factory presets only here, for the most part, for commercial reasons. And of course, when you own earlier versions, it's sometimes difficult to tell what patches are the newer versions presets, compared with what patches are already there from earlier versions - Arturia's preset browsers just bunch the lot in, so sometimes it's really difficult to guage what's going on with the factory content.

In this thread, the thing is basically if some presets are not working anymore in current versions, or you've seen that there are significant differences in a particular instrument, then a heads up here, and probably the person who did them can do them again, as they already have scripts for it etc.

So, if anybody has particular requests for things that need updates, the best thing to do (other than doing it yourself and sharing them here) is ask for it as a prompt that something could do with updating...

So, if anybody has particular requests for things that need updates, the best thing to do (other than doing it yourself and sharing them here) is ask for it as a prompt that something could do with updating...

Speaking of particular requests, in order to complete the collection, do you plan to do the Arturia Synthi, or should I do it? :?

I said I would above, but I didn’t commit to any particular schedule as I have had other things to do...

While I'm getting into that zone - did we decide the Synthi is the only thing that needs doing, or are their other Arturia instruments in the current collection than need re-doing too?

I said I would above, but I didn’t commit to any particular schedule as I have had other things to do...

While I'm getting into that zone - did we decide the Synthi is the only thing that needs doing, or are their other Arturia instruments in the current collection than need re-doing too?

From the Arturia's bundle V8, I confirm that to complete that set, Synthi remains the only one that needs to be done...

From the Arturia's bundle V8, I confirm that to complete that set, Synthi remains the only one that needs to be done...

Ok thanks, will sort that out today...

Edit: And done, will be uploading shortly.

My Arturia script is pretty solid now, so it's quite easy outputting stuff. The only think I can't do is pick up the bank name, so I tend to do it bank by bank, ie "Bass - go!" and the script will create the necessary subfolders, save all the patches there, and reset and stop when it gets to the end of that bank, then I manually start on the next bank. If anyone has found a good solution to pick up the bank name automatically, let me know, as I could then make it save out the complete instrument unattended.

The only thing to pay attention too is that in some cases, the patch inc/dec don't correctly cycle through all the patches in that bank - I know in the JP8V4 for instance, it would sort patches incorrectly and miss them when you stepped through (frustratingly enough). I'm not sure offhand if this was only a JP8 thing, or whether it happened in other instruments, but it's worth checking just to make sure nothing's been missed...

Edit: So yeah, looking at the Synthi stuff I outputting just using inc/dec, I saved 281 items, but there's 295 patches in the library. So now you have to figure out which patches in which categories were missed because "inc" just steps over patches at random, due to this patch ordering bug. Annoying, Arturia... It's to do with the Arturia experience patches, the ones tagged with an Arturia logo in the patch browser - they are ordered differently internally than how they are displayed in the menus.

Take for instance, the Drum category. Choose Drum -> Oscillator Beatmaker in the front page from the preset menu (not the preset browser). Notice how the patch after than in the menu is "Rolling Djembe Loop", then "Shaker". Now, hit the down arrow to go to the next listed patch "Rolling Djembe Loop", and notice how instead it goes to "Shaker"... Like I say, annoying, as it's easy to miss patches this way.

I might end up revising the scripts to do this differently to avoid this issue (eg, do it from the preset browser instead) but it's not a huge issue - I just check after outputting patches for different patch totals and then go back and do the missing patches. It loooks like the best way to do this is with the preset browser open, at start with the out of order Arturia Experience patches at the top, and increment through each bank that way... I'll have to remember to do it from there next time to avoid this.

But if any of you have being using the patch increment buttons to step through patches from the main page, you'll likely have missed stuff if you didn't know about this, or check your work...

Edited by des99

synthi-v-image.thumb.png.4093a8bf1d5c8e3505b1e9e742b7d756.png

Arturia Synthi V
Presets from Arturia's Synthi AKS emulation. (V8)

Arturia Synthi V8.zip 
(3.6MB archive, 14.4MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Arturia/Synthi V/

Enjoy!

Edited by des99
Layout for new forum

The only thing to pay attention too is that in some cases, the patch inc/dec don't correctly cycle through all the patches in that bank - I know in the JP8V4 for instance, it would sort patches incorrectly and miss them when you stepped through (frustratingly enough). I'm not sure offhand if this was only a JP8 thing, or whether it happened in other instruments, but it's worth checking just to make sure nothing's been missed...

Yeah I had noticed that...

But since I made mine (B-3 and Mellotron) manually, using the keyboard (downward arrow key) to move to the next preset I did not encounter that problem (seemingly)....

synthi-v-image.png

Arturia Synthi V

Presets from Arturia's Synthi AKS emulation. (V8)

Arturia Synthi V8.zip

(3.6MB archive, 14.4MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Arturia/Synthi V/

Enjoy!

Wow!

Great job!

Big thank you des99!

:D

But since I made mine (B-3 and Mellotron) manually, using the keyboard (downward arrow key) to move to the next preset I did not encounter that problem (seemingly)....

Yep, if you do it from the preset browser, you don't get the problem, because it steps through all listed patches correctly, and the out-of-alphabetical order Arturia Experience patches will not be skipped over. They are only skipped in the preset menu, because Arturia thinks the Experience patches are listed first, even though in the menus they are listed alphabetically.

• 4 months later...

fb7999.thumb.jpg.3b4f0205ad23c5715568bd79f2d93e0d.jpg

Full Bucket Music FB-7999
Presets for FBM's free Korg DW6000/8000 emulation.

Contains:
- DW8000 Factory Preset Banks A & B
- DW6000 Factory Preset Bank
- MEX8000 Factory Preset Banks A-D (Courtesy Watchful @ KVR)

FB-7999 Factory.zip
(460KB archive, 570KB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Full Bucket Music/FB-7999/

Enjoy!

Edited by des99