3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

On 4/1/2015 at 6:14 AM, des99 said:

semv.png.35cd160facb6b77d2bce8ad2dcb050ad.png

Arturia Oberheim SEM V (for V2)

Factory presets from Arturia's Oberheim SEM V emulation.

All presets broken down by category. Enjoy!

Arturia Oberheim SEM V Factory Presets for Logic.zip 2.09 MB · 344 downloads

I just tried these in V9 Sem V2 and they are different presets and not working. Are they different beasts ? Thanks.

1 hour ago, rededfred2010 said:

I just tried these in V9 Sem V2 and they are different presets and not working. Are they different beasts ? Thanks.

I'm not sure offhand without looking, Arturia's versions differ between major updates of the plugins and the plugin bundles, sometimes with incompatible patches and I've done so many banks for so many versions over the years, it's difficult to know which versions are being tried with which plugin versions etc. I've also found on occasion certain Arturia synths have sometimes been buggy with loading Logic/AU aupresets.

If you're saying you downloaded the most recent versions of the patches, and these aren't working with the most recent version of the plugin, I'm happy to have a look at them and check...

Edited by des99

On 4/1/2015 at 6:14 AM, des99 said:

semv.png.35cd160facb6b77d2bce8ad2dcb050ad.png

Arturia Oberheim SEM V (for V2)

Factory presets from Arturia's Oberheim SEM V emulation.

All presets broken down by category. Enjoy!

Arturia Oberheim SEM V Factory Presets for Logic.zip 2.09 MB · 344 downloads

Hello Again. This download is for SEM V. Not V2. I just loaded the old Sem V and these presets match. The (for V2) bit should be deleted. Thanks again.

51 minutes ago, des99 said:

Ok I'll have a look a bit later on...

Edit: I don't think you're using the latest version of these patches - try the ones from this post (Arturia V5 Collection, 2017):

Let me know if they work for you...

That's good. I will try that. The link in your list of SEM V2 sends to the old version.

6 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

This download is for SEM V. Not V2. I just loaded the old Sem V and these presets match.

This is why Arturia's version numbering is confusing. V2 could refer to the plugin, or the V-Collection bundle. So SEM (version 1) could be in the Arturia V-Collection 2 bundle. Later on, say in V-Collection 4 (V4), SEM might be upgraded to a version 2 of the SEM, so now SEM V2 is in V4 of the V-Collection.

I know it's confusing (blame Arturia), but usually the names are correct at the time of making those files, because they are generally based on the versions current at the time. Future versions and future updates may confuse the issue still further.

I'm pretty sure those 2015 files are the instruments from the V-Collection2 (V2) (which is why all those files say "for V2"), which would have been the first version of the SEM.

Edited by des99

1 minute ago, des99 said:

This is why Arturia's version number is confusing. V2 could refer to the plugin, or the V-Collection bundle. So SEM (version 1) could be in the Arturia V-Collection 2 bundle. Later on, say in V-Collection 4 (V4), SEM might be upgraded to a version 2 of the SEM, so now SEM V2 is in V4 of the V-Collection.

I know it's confusing (blame Arturia), but usually the names are correct at the time of making those files, because they are generally based on the versions current at the time. Future versions and future updates may confuse the issue still further.

I'm pretty sure those 2015 files are the instruments from the V-Collection2 (V2), which would have been the first version of the SEM.

This has actually worked out good because now I have both versions installed with both versions of your AU presets so great job all round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Ok I'll have a look a bit later on...

Edit: I don't think you're using the latest version of these patches - try the ones from this post (Arturia V5 Collection, 2017):

Let me know if they work for you...

If I were you I would add both versions to your list as there is probably people out there that only have the old version. Most of the preset sounds are the same but some are different. There is a video on youtube about the 2 versions.

12 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

If I were you I would add both versions to your list as there is probably people out there that only have the old version.

The index is a list of the files that are uploaded by people in this thread as a convenience to more easily find relevant things that were posted. As recommended in the index, you should generally start with the more recent versions. I'm also not in control of what files people upload or how they choose to do it. I uploaded the Arturia V5 files in one upload in that case, as the effort in doing that collection is huge, and I didn't also fancy making 30 individual posts and files on top of that - it was also a convenience because the people who had just got the V5 collection at that time could download everything they needed in one file.

So the index is accurate as to what was posted.

In this case, the initial V2 collection is for the first version of the SEM. And the V5 collection file contains the patches for the upgrade of the SEM that came in V5.

Is this an ideal way of organising everything? No, but it's a lot better than letting people search through a huge thread. A some point, the end user has to take responsibility for looking through the posts to find the content relevant to them.

And if there is something confusing, you can just ask here, as in this case.

This is the best we can do with this thread as it is at this point - anything else would require a proper database/CMS and rigid posting guidelines, which is not really feasible. It's a thread where people share and upload stuff for people to take advantage of if they like, so it will always be a bit messy.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

I am trying to make Arturia FX V3 AU presets but I have a problem.

I would say that before you spend a lot of time saving out presets manually, it's a good idea to ask first whether someone else will do particular plugins for you. I have scripts for the Arturia stuff (which all basically work the same in this regard), and a bunch of those plugins, so if there are particular plugins you're interested in, I can probably do them with less effort than doing them manually (unless there's only 20 presets or something).

45 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

The presets save but will not recall. Has anyone else had this problem with Logic not being able to force a plugin to change presets.

As I mentioned above, yes, I have had some funkiness and buggy behaviour with Arturia presets from time to time in the past (ie sometimes one or two of them stop loading presets altogether until you restart the plugin).

You can upload some and I can try them here if you have concerns (if I have the plugin of course.)

Edited by des99

31 minutes ago, des99 said:

I would say that before you spend a lot of time saving out presets manually, it's a good idea to ask first whether someone else will do particular plugins for you. I have scripts for the Arturia stuff (which all basically work the same in this regard), and a bunch of those plugins, so if there are particular plugins you're interested in, I can probably do them with less effort than doing them manually (unless there's only 20 presets or something).

As I mentioned above, yes, I have had some funkiness and buggy behaviour with Arturia presets from time to time in the past (ie sometimes one or two of them stop loading presets altogether until you restart the plugin).

You can upload some and I can try them here if you have concerns (if I have the plugin of course.)

Thanks. I will remember for the future but I just finished Arturia FX V3 Dist Tube-Culture. It was only about 50 so here you go.

Dist TUBE-CULTURE.zip

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, des99 said:

Do you have Arturia Analog Lab V5 ? That would be great to have.

22 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

I will remember for the future but I just finished Arturia FX V3 Dist Tube-Culture. It was only about 50 so here you go.

Thanks, these work well here.

16 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

Do you have Arturia Analog Lab V5 ? That would be great to have.

It's a tricky one, as firstly there is a *lot* of content (25,000+ patches here), and secondly, various other expansion packs and stuff show up here, so it's not easy to isolate just the sharable factory content.

Furthermore, these instruments with extensive patch browsers lose some functionality when using the Logic preset browser, patches in multiple categories get saved multiple times and other stuff, so for these ones I don't tend to bother going to the effort of saving them out - especially as a lot of them are just duplicates of the individual instruments' presets, which I prefer to use over Analog Lab.

So I'm not saying "never", but it's not something I want to do at the moment...

Edited by des99

5 minutes ago, des99 said:

Thanks, these work well here.

It's a tricky one, as firstly there is a *lot* of content (25,000+ patches here), and secondly, various other expansion packs and stuff show up here, so it's not easy to isolate just the sharable factory content.

Furthermore, these instruments with extensive patch browsers lose some functionality when using the Logic preset browser, so for these ones I don't tend to bother going to the effort of saving them out - especially as a lot of them are just duplicates of the individual instruments' presets, which I prefer to use over Analog Lab.

So I'm not saying "never", but it's not something I want to do at the moment...

The Analog Lab browser is quite good and gives options but is not as good as Logic's because you can have the plugin closed (as you know) and the standard install is 2500 not 25000.

16 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

the standard install is 2500 not 25000

I know, and as I said, it's not easy to isolate the sharable factory content (I have no desire to uninstall everything, reinstall a standard config to export the patches, then restore my system etc - it's a bit too invasive, and if I was going to do these, I would indeed want to do the entire collection for my use, even if I couldn't share the extra stuff (which happens quite a bit).

As of now, if I use the browser just to show "Factory" content, it's over 10,000 patches...

Not sure offhand but I *think* it also surfaces all the patches available for the other instruments, so if I import 10K DX7 sysex patches in the DX7V for example, all those show up in Analog Lab etc too. Basically, the way their patch system works makes this tricky to extract the core factory presets...

Edited by des99

7 minutes ago, des99 said:

I know, and as I said, it's not easy to isolate the sharable factory content (I have no desire to uninstall everything, reinstall a standard config to export the patches, then restore my system etc - it's a bit too invasive, and if I was going to do these, I would indeed want to do the entire collection for my use, even if I couldn't share the extra stuff (which happens quite a bit).

As of now, if I use the browser just to show "Factory" content, it's over 10,000 patches...

Not sure offhand but I *think* it also surfaces all the patches available for the other instruments, so if I import 10K DX7 sysex patches in the DX7V for example, all those show up in Analog Lab etc too. Basically, the way their patch system works makes this tricky to extract the core factory presets...

Understood. I suppose lots of people also install the free one's from the Arturia forum so yes, that would get messy. No worries.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LX480_v4_reverb_screen_gui.thumb.jpg.84dec2751e02d50081725520e6e5d024.jpg

Relab Development LX480 V4
Presets from the Lexicon 480L emulation plugin.

Logic Presets - LX480 V4.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Relab Development/LX480 v4/
(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Index to this thread by Type / Manufacturer / Plugin: Third-party Patches Index

lx480-essentials-f-strings.jpg.2b728ce7bc322c8ca8d4d74c5e0d8488.jpg

Relab Development LX480 Essentials
Presets from the Lexicon 480L emulation plugin.

Logic Presets - LX480 Essentials.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Relab Development/LX480 Essentials/
(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Index to this thread by Type / Manufacturer / Plugin: Third-party Patches Index

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 6:30 PM, Danielll said:

Hi Danielll, thanks for all the hard work. Is there a way to get the Valhalla presets to work, im getting text file when downloading, thanks.

On 12/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, jezzery said:

Hi Danielll, thanks for all the hard work. Is there a way to get the Valhalla presets to work, im getting text file when downloading, thanks.

Add a low level qualifier of .zip to the download file and it may then be uncompressed into the requisite folder.

• Like 1