3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

Thanks for doing this guys! I've just added all the NI ones to my Library and it's helped no end! :)

I've converted over 70 growl bass patches for FM8, which came as part of a tutorial set from the website FM8 tutorials. I'm not sure if many people have the patches to be worth posting it up here but i can if any one wants me too.

Has anyone done the Virus Library?

Dammit, I should follow this thread more often. Please do share them if you're still alive!

Anyone interested in re-indexed Korg Legacy Wavestation performances/presets? The WS is one Korg legacy synth that could really use a browser/filter mechanism. There are hundreds of patches and no browser (like the M1) to filter/browse the collection. It was ripe for indexing in Logic. I re-indexed them into Logic presets using categorization I've been using. The way I categorize patches may not suit anyone else.. but I figured since I am doing this anyway ... I would share em up..

Here are the Wavestation performances. If you're not interested in this categorization... the presets posted earlier by TerryReis are the same (and excellent) and will pull the Wavestation performances into Logic's browser based on Card name instead of this categorization. You can also-- use both.

Breakout:

00 Favorites

01 Arps-Seq

02 Bass

03 Brass

04 Drums-Percussion

05 Effects

Ambients

06 Guitar-Plucked

07 Keyboard ( typically non-synth - EP, Organ, Clav)

08 Leads

09 Pads

10 Strings

11 Winds

12 Splits-Layers ( -*d* behind Performance , means it has a drum / percussion track)

13 Synth-Mallets

14 Bells

There are three packs. The 18 cards in the KLC are indexed in this set.

* 1 RAMs+KLC - 235 Performances

* 2 ROMs - 420 Performances

* 3 Cards - 324 Performances

All together -- I've re-indexed most all of the Korg Legacy Collection. There are a few dupes in the collection, and I tried to weed them out. Lastly... there may be straggler patches that are mis-tagged.. apologies if so. This is mostly an effort to help me sift through the hundreds of Korg Legacy Collection performances. HTH.. YMMV

07-06 - Updated... This set replaces what I posted on July 1.

ROMs.zip

Cards.zip

RAMsKLC.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Cool post jdoo.

Thanks very much for those very useful and must have taken a lot of work.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks Terry -

I had to go through the set anyway (to see what presets were available), so I indexed as I went through them. It was a little extra work, but in the end, i really wanted to be able to recall the patches based on instrument/genre. Anyway, you're welcome. I appreciate all the work you've done indexing the rest of the KLC. Thanks again.

Quick tip - for anyone interested in setting up a script to speed up the process of saving a plug-in sound as a Logic auinstrument in bulk. I picked up a Mac utility called FastScripts (Red Sweater Software), which allowed me to create a script which automates 90% of the "Save Setting As..." dialogue when I have an AU Instrument on screen. Long story short.. it saves me the PITA bit about hovering over that menu option when I am in an instrument, which was the hard part of the process for me . 8)

Joe

Attached FastScript (only works with their software), goes into Users/Library/Scripts/Applications/Logic Pro/ . The script does a screen/positional look for the "Save Setting As" menu option... so you have to position your Logic plugin/instrument into the top left corner. Really... the only thing is does, is chooses the menu option. Anyway .. it's a niche script/setup... probably only of use if you are going through dozens of presets, saving them for the Logic browser (and have as little patience as I had, in selecting the "Save Setting As" menu option as me. :mrgreen: )

LogicLaunch.sh.zip

Thanks jdoo...

can you please explain a bit more about how to use your script.

Sure (hoping not to derail this thread too much). Here are my notes - and these assume you have purchased FastScripts.

The notes below are for creating a keyboard shortcut in LP9 for launching the FastScripts script I created. The FastScripts docs are pretty self-explanatory on how to use it. The script I posted, just simplifies the process of selecting the "Save As" dialogue. Anyway - here are my notes. Also - this script only works if you have positioned the plug-in GUI to the top left of the LP9 window.

copy FastScripts to applications (this installs it on a Mac)

Open Fastscripts

Open Logic

Copy the .sh file to Mac first...

FastScripts menu - (make sure that Logic is open and has focus) --

Open Logic Pro Scripts Folder..

On (i)MAC -

Fastscripts Menu -

Preferences

Scripts Shortcuts tab

/Library/Scripts

Applications

Logic Pro

LogicLaunch.sh -- double-click -- add shortcut keys (I used command option L on the MBA

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS!!

Anyone interested in re-indexed Korg Legacy Wavestation performances/presets? The WS is one Korg legacy synth that could really use a browser/filter mechanism. There are hundreds of patches and no browser (like the M1) to filter/browse the collection. It was ripe for indexing in Logic. I re-indexed them into Logic presets using categorization I've been using. The way I categorize patches may not suit anyone else.. but I figured since I am doing this anyway ... I would share em up..

Here are the Wavestation performances. If you're not interested in this categorization... the presets posted earlier by TerryReis are the same (and excellent) and will pull the Wavestation performances into Logic's browser based on Card name instead of this categorization. You can also-- use both.

Breakout:

00 Favorites

01 Arps-Seq

02 Bass

03 Brass

04 Drums-Percussion

05 Effects

Ambients

06 Guitar-Plucked

07 Keyboard ( typically non-synth - EP, Organ, Clav)

08 Leads

09 Pads

10 Strings

11 Winds

12 Splits-Layers ( -*d* behind Performance , means it has a drum / percussion track)

13 Synth-Mallets

14 Bells

There are three packs. The 18 cards in the KLC are indexed in this set.

* 1 RAMs+KLC - 235 Performances

* 2 ROMs - 420 Performances

* 3 Cards - 324 Performances

All together -- I've re-indexed most all of the Korg Legacy Collection. There are a few dupes in the collection, and I tried to weed them out. Lastly... there may be straggler patches that are mis-tagged.. apologies if so. This is mostly an effort to help me sift through the hundreds of Korg Legacy Collection performances. HTH.. YMMV

07-06 - Updated... This set replaces what I posted on July 1.

• 4 weeks later...
Cheers! You're welcome. :D

Hi, these pre sets..something is confusing me, are they user's Own pre-sets what they have made & saved before posting them up here or are they the pre sets which come pre loaded in the plug in which is being uploaded by the user?

I saw plug in pre sets for g forces minimonsta & was gonna download em till this question occured to me.

Some clarification would be appreciated, Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone! Two things:

1) Can anyone help me figure out why the presets for Arturia Prophet crash Logic when they're loaded

2) I will be doing up the presets for the Arturia minimoog this weekend. Does anyone want to work on them with me and meet half way?

Love the work so far, so I figured I'd just do my part!

Hi Everyone! Two things:

1) Can anyone help me figure out why the presets for Arturia Prophet crash Logic when they're loaded

2) I will be doing up the presets for the Arturia minimoog this weekend. Does anyone want to work on them with me and meet half way?

Love the work so far, so I figured I'd just do my part!

Hi guys,

Great resource here and thought I'd pay y'all back.

Here's the Arturia Minimoog V - Original. It's the freebie version they gave away for a day last year. (Don't know if that makes a difference?)

It also includes the V2 presets and an extra set (110) I downloaded off the Arturia presets page.

Cheers,

R.

I agree. It's a great resource here!

Just thought I'd throw this out there though. It might be what you're looking for, might not.

R.

minimoog V Original.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, could you please upload the Zebra HZ set here?

I saw your post here and on the KVR forums. The Dark Zebra AU instruments are not factory patches, and include preset configuration information that is baked directly into these AU files. Not certain if that makes complete sense to you - but as noted in the post you quoted above -- distribution for the Dark Zebra patches, is only directly through U-He. Also - these Dark Zebra patches are not Channel Strip Configuration files (.cst), but AU instruments. hth

Hi, could you please upload the Zebra HZ set here?

I saw your post here and on the KVR forums. The Dark Zebra AU instruments are not factory patches, and include preset configuration information that is baked directly into these AU files. Not certain if that makes complete sense to you - but as noted in the post you quoted above -- distribution for the Dark Zebra patches, is only directly through U-He. Also - these Dark Zebra patches are not Channel Strip Configuration files (.cst), but AU instruments. hth

Yes, I had just purchased the Dark Zebra patches and thought that you had the .cst files so I could import them and make them accessible within Logic's library. Maybe I'll make the .cst files for Dark Zebra and upload them here myself.

Both aupreset and cst files show up in Logic X's library. 8) I use saved channelstrip files for full sounds, with EQ , Audio FX, etc pre-applied. (typically -- my 'favorite' or go-to sounds. The aupresets i index, are mostly so I can see them, search them, etc.. in Logic's browser without having to pop open Zebra. For all i know.. I am doing it wrong - but it's the way I learned, and set my stuff up. :lol:

Yes, I had just purchased the Dark Zebra patches and thought that you had the .cst files so I could import them and make them accessible within Logic's library. Maybe I'll make the .cst files for Dark Zebra and upload them here myself.

Both aupreset and cst files show up in Logic X's library.

Sorry, yes, what I meant to say was in fact "aupreset", no .cst.

So.. just to close out on this. Per Urs' request - I am not sharing the Dark Zebra aupreset files that I created, publicly. Many of them include Zebra settings, and are IP of u-he. These can only be distributed by Urs. Drop him a note, and I am sure he will send you the files. If you create channel strip settings, that's a whole other thing - but I would get permission if you're planning on sharing them.

Kia ora

Per Urs' request - I am not sharing the Dark Zebra aupreset files that I created, publicly. Many of them include Zebra settings, and are IP of u-he. These can only be distributed by Urs. Drop him a note, and I am sure he will send you the files. If you create channel strip settings, that's a whole other thing - but I would get permission if you're planning on sharing them.Kia ora

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be dropping Urs a note. I still don't see what the big deal is because the au presets are totally useless without the actual plugin but I respect Urs a lot and whatever he says goes.

• 3 months later...

I navigate through presets using the "Patch" button on my Axiom 61 (2nd Gen), or the short cut keys Ive assigned for "Next Setting" and "Previous Setting".

I can do this with all the presets except the NI stuff. What's going on?

Thank you to everyone who uploaded these presets!

I navigate through presets using the "Patch" button on my Axiom 61 (2nd Gen), or the short cut keys Ive assigned for "Next Setting" and "Previous Setting".

I can do this with all the presets except the NI stuff. What's going on?

Thank you to everyone who uploaded these presets!

Maybe we could help if you provide the required, basic info:

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

J.

Of course! Ill have to make a signature….

Logic 9.1.8 Mac OSX 10.8.5 Macbook Pro 2010 i7 2.66 8G Ram Mbox Pro 2 M-Audio Axiom 61 (2nd Gen)

Thanks, but please add it to your signature by clicking the link in my previous post so that your signature appears automatically at the bottom of all your posts.

Thank you.

J.