3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

some really good homemade Kontakt Builds https://0on3.wordpress.com/

By all means post interesting instruments and sounds you've found for Logic, but in their own thread please.

This thread is specifically for Logic .aupreset versions of factory sounds for instruments so they can be browsed and managed in Logic's Library, and is not the right place to post random third party sounds or libraries people have found.

• 1 month later...

Blue-II.png.3c58e56a0210a65d867522a208af542f.png

Rob Papen's Blue-II "Introduction" Bank. This is in the original (all in one directory) format, as well as a version (Introduction-Re) which is indexed based on folder conventions that I use (Strings, Winds, etc..). The content of these are identical - just that the "Re" version is re-ordered, and renamed. 128 Patches

01 Introduction.zip

01 Introduction-Re.zip

• 2 months later...

Here are some factory patches for:

VOXENGO:

Tube Amp

Crunchessor

LF Max Punch

Varisaturator

KLANGHELM:

SDRR

AUDIO DAMAGE:

Mangleverb

Vapor

RoughRider Pro

D16 GROUP:

Devastor

Enjoy and thanks for the aupresets!

D16 Group Devastor.zip

Audio Damage 914.zip

Audio Damage RoughRiderPro.zip

Audio Damage Vapor.zip

Audio Damage Mangleverb.zip

Klanghelm SDRR.zip

Voxengo VariSaturator.zip

Voxengo LF Max Punch.zip

Voxengo Crunchessor.zip

Voxengo Tube Amp.zip

• 1 month later...

I was doing some work on a mapping app for Nektar Panorama users and noticed this thread, i've had a quick go at indexing these au preset files and placing them in a searchable database for download here:-

http://www.getpatched.co.uk/catalog.php?hwid=10

If anyone is not happy with their presets being listed please let let me know and i will remove immediately.

However, if people find this to be a good resource i will open it up for users to submit content there also, with a companion app that will install/manage/upload presets for use in logic so you can just manage it all locally.

This is just early stages right now, so is a bit basic, but as i was going to take some of these presets myself, i thought i should give something back and help others locate what they need - i will eventually add an option in so that many files can be downloaded with one click also.

Edit: Just realised theres an issue with some files that have spaces in them - will sort later. :)

Edited by skijumptoes

Hey Leon!

Was going to let folks know on this thread about what you're doing, and you got here first; awesome!

Also awesome, that link to those patches in one location; great that you've taken the time to do that. Makes finding them so much easier. Really invaluable, me thinks.

I hope to perhaps contribute to your Nektar database, sometime during the next month; should make life easier, for all of us!

Again, many thanks!

To be honest, it seems a little disingenuous to simply scrape all the content out of this thread, and host it on your site. This thread already has content, provider, etc. Your download links are generic and all point to the first post in this thread. Aside from removing the names of anyone who took the time to index the instruments, the graphics and any relevant discussion about the presets is also not referenced on your site. Apologies for throwing a rock at your idea ... but I don't see value in what you have done. A link on your site to this thread, would probably be of more value.

As i was taking some presets from here, i thought i'd give back and help those that came afterwards, as i had no presets of my own to offer up.

The link was explicitly for users on this forum to help put the presets into a single page, which could be searched, and eventually downloaded in bulk. I was also going to post up concise instructions to aid basic users, and maybe offer an app to do the work for them.

Anyway, what's done is done - All database entries and links have now been removed, apologies for the offence that i've caused.

Synthmaster 2.7 - All factory presets.

These are just as they appear in the browser within the plugin - if anyone wants these grouped/foldered by instrument type, i can do that also as i've found a way to systematically extract aupresets from the plugins using some automation code that i've written.

Synthmaster 2_7 - Factory Presets.zip

Synthmaster 2.7 - Factory Presets

Here are aupresets for the Padshop and Padshop Pro factory patches and also my own Padshop Pro bank (Excursions):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Padshop%20aupresets%202.zip

The original vstpreset files (and a couple of user samples you will need for several patches) for my bank are here:

http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm#Excursions

Here are aupresets for the Padshop and Padshop Pro factory patches and also my own Padshop Pro bank (Excursions):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Padshop%20aupresets%202.zip

The original vstpreset files (and a couple of user samples you will need for several patches) for my bank are here:

http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm#Excursions

The dropbox download is all vstpresets. It would be great if you could re-upload the aupresets.

Thanks for sharing your aupresets on your site though!

Brad

Yeah I persevered because the au browser for Padshop is just so sucky - the one for Xpand2 is also pretty poor, hence the conversion there too.

I actually made aupresets for my first few patches before vstpresets because when Steinberg first released it the au had a bug and couldn't save in its own format.

Synthmaster 2.7 - All factory presets.

These are just as they appear in the browser within the plugin - if anyone wants these grouped/foldered by instrument type, i can do that also as i've found a way to systematically extract aupresets from the plugins using some automation code that i've written.

Thanks, yes I think these need to be organised into folders.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there really a database of plugin presets in one location, or is this thread considered the one source? I don't think that anyone's anticipated that this thread would go 28+ pages, and, if it doesn't exist already,

it would be much easier if there was a one-stop database where the record would include the priest name and author, a brief description, a link to the download, and the link to the actual post. The closest attempt I've seen was Get Patched, which was developed by a beta tester at Nektar, for user of its products, but my understanding was that it would be freely available for Logic Pro Users. Then it was shot down after a user expressed his displeasure over it. To be fair, maybe a different approach to its creation should have happened beforehand, but it seemed to me a great idea that ended up going to waste.

That said, I'm writing this without the knowledge of knowing if such a system does exist. What say you?

You might be referencing my post (in this thread). I only asked, what value there was to scraping content off of a Logic Pro Help forum and putting it on another site? It was posted as a question.. I never expected the content to be pulled from his site, or kill the idea. I like idea - but had questions. What was missing on his site (which is still there - just without the content from this thread), imo... was All the ancillary content from here. I.E. Discussions on use, who posted the auinstrument patches, how they're indexed, graphic files that can be associated with them, etc. Also - here on this forum, are threads discussing how to install and use the auinstrument files, how the auinstruments differ from saved Channel Strip settings (.CSTs) or how they may differ from Logic's new Patch files, or stacks. All of them relevant, to a Logic user saving sounds for use later. Without the context, it seemed like it was simply scraping some content, and putting it somewhere else. Who knows? Maybe this thread, and the auinstrument files bring hits to Logic Pro Help? Maybe not. I am guessing whoever is pulling content from here, has OK'd it with David. Maybe he could care less. I certainly... could care less. Don't stop because I questioned the idea. However ... if it were me.. I would host it here on Logic Pro Help, not some other site.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there really a database of plugin presets in one location, or is this thread considered the one source? I don't think that anyone's anticipated that this thread would go 28+ pages, and, if it doesn't exist already,

it would be much easier if there was a one-stop database where the record would include the priest name and author, a brief description, a link to the download, and the link to the actual post. The closest attempt I've seen was Get Patched, which was developed by a beta tester at Nektar, for user of its products, but my understanding was that it would be freely available for Logic Pro Users. Then it was shot down after a user expressed his displeasure over it. To be fair, maybe a different approach to its creation should have happened beforehand, but it seemed to me a great idea that ended up going to waste.

That said, I'm writing this without the knowledge of knowing if such a system does exist. What say you?

Indeed, it was your post jboo. I'm glad you've clarified things, and I do think you make some salient points about being careful to maybe get feedback from others first. I don't want to diminish the hard work and effort that everyone has put into this thread; this is absolutely amazing. But it also means having to traverse through wades of pages. And in this age of online technology, there has to be better ways of making the entire process easier, but also ensure that proper attribution and credit be given to those who have gone through the trouble of creating the presets and then uploading them.

Not faulting you for questioning; without that, there wouldn't be the possibility of progress. At least you cared enough to put in your thoughts, an dI salute you for that. :-)

Just file this under "there has to be a better way to organize these files into a proper database" so that it benefits everyone.