3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

On 12/17/2023 at 7:17 PM, des99 said:

SCR-20231217-pxzr.thumb.jpeg.9333e1dcce27f34fcc218ab9486e8878.jpeg

SonicProjects OPX PRO-3
Presets from version 3 of the Oberheim emulation synth plugin.

OP-X PRO-3.zip 0 B · 9 downloads

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/SonicProjects/OP-X PRO-3/
(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Presets for the previous version, OP-X PRO-II are available here: 
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/topic/13280-3rd-party-plugin-factory-presets-database-for-logic/?do=findComment&comment=854914

@davidvilla

Index to this thread by Type / Manufacturer / Plugin: Third-party Patches Index

Thanks for the fix. The file downloads now as expected. Thanks for going through the trouble. Much appreciated.

• Love 2

On 12/17/2023 at 7:17 PM, des99 said:

SCR-20231217-pxzr.thumb.jpeg.9333e1dcce27f34fcc218ab9486e8878.jpeg

SonicProjects OP-X PRO-3
Presets from version 3 of the Oberheim emulation synth plugin.

SonicProjects OP-X PRO3.zip 24.57 MB · 2 downloads

~/Library/Audio/Presets/SonicProjects/OP-X PRO-3/

Presets for the previous version, OP-X PRO-II are available here: 
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/topic/13280-3rd-party-plugin-factory-presets-database-for-logic/?do=findComment&comment=854914

@davidvilla

Oh man - thanks a lot! This is awesome. Thanks for all the work you've done in this thread. We all really appreciate it. 

• Love 1

On 7/1/2012 at 4:59 AM, TerryReis said:

Presets for some of the United Audio Apollo / UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins.

The program creates some of these when it installs but most aren’t. I can’t remember which ones are which now so have included them all. It was getting these to fully function with the Logic Library that started my obsession with having the presets listed.

I probably won’t be doing any more UAD stuff until the software goes 64 bit.

Universal Audio.zip 2.55 MB · 354 downloads

Apollo / UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins

Thank you for all this effort!  
Are these still the presets for current versions of the UAD plugins?  Or have the preset banks changed in the interim?

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Are these still the presets for current versions of the UAD plugins?  Or have the preset banks changed in the interim?

You've quoted a post from 2012, so these files won't be 100% for the current UA catalog - they will have added a ton of plugins over the last decade, for one. So no, you can't guarantee very old uploads are still relevant - or even work - for current versions of plugins. You can always download them, and compare them to the plugins' own preset list to see how they match up, or what's missing etc.

On 12/25/2023 at 6:55 PM, des99 said:

You've quoted a post from 2012, so these files won't be 100% for the current UA catalog - they will have added a ton of plugins over the last decade, for one. So no, you can't guarantee very old uploads are still relevant - or even work - for current versions of plugins. You can always download them, and compare them to the plugins' own preset list to see how they match up, or what's missing etc.

Thank you.  I'm trying some of these 2012 ones now.  They do still work in the couple plug-ins I have tried, but indeed there are a lot of additional presets in those plugins' internal menus which are not present in this download set.  

Is there a way to batch-convert the Logic presets from the same-named UADx plug-ins, so that they work with the regular UAD (Apollo hardware-hosted) plug-ins?

12 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Well, I was thinking to convert all the UADx Logic presets which you have generously created here to UAD presets for the same plugins in UAD format.  That way one would have access to the same presets whether one uses the native UADx or hardware-hosted UAD plugins.

UADx native plugins are different plugins to the regular UAD DSP ones, and their preset data likely won't be compatible. From things mentioned by UA, it looks like at some point they plan to be able to support seamlessly swapping between native and DSP plugins, but that's probably a way off yet.

I haven't checked (as my UAD2 is not rigged up to this computer) but I expect for the plugins that exist both natively, and as DSP, probably have the same set of of presets anyway, for their respective plugin versions. But those would have to be saved out as Logic presets from those plugins  individually, not converted from the ones saved from the UADx versions.

1 hour ago, des99 said:

UADx native plugins are different plugins to the regular UAD DSP ones, and their preset data likely won't be compatible. From things mentioned by UA, it looks like at some point they plan to be able to support seamlessly swapping between native and DSP plugins, but that's probably a way off yet.

I haven't checked (as my UAD2 is not rigged up to this computer) but I expect for the plugins that exist both natively, and as DSP, probably have the same set of of presets anyway, for their respective plugin versions. But those would have to be saved out as Logic presets from those plugins  individually, not converted from the ones saved from the UADx versions.

Thank you for that. All sounds right.  I believe there is a way to copy and paste individual settings between the two formats, but that doesn't help much with the creation of Logic presets, especially if the built-in factory presets are the same in both versions.  It would allow one to copy custom/user presets back and forth. That still doesn't help much with the Logic presets question, though!

Here is what I found in the UA manual:

"Use Copy and Paste to copy settings from the plug-in and paste them to a different instance of the same plug-in. You can use this to copy and paste settings between instances of the same plug-in in a session, or to copy and paste settings between the UAD-2 and native (UADx) versions of a plug-in. Note: For plug-ins with narrow header bars (for example, Lexicon 224), the Copy and Paste functions are located in the ••• menu."

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/5085501350932-Using-Native-UAD-Plug-Ins-Manual#:~:text=Use Copy and Paste to,versions of a plug-in.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

I had a quick look at the UADx version of the 1176 versus the current DSP version, and the presets and plugin manager are the same.

I could save out the entire UA library for the DSP plugins (it looks like preset save/recall works even if the DSP isn't connected/active/authorised), but there are 237 plugins so that's a big ask (and as the preset manager is tagged, with multiple presets showing up under multiple tags, so you end up saving out quite a lot of presets per plugin with all the duplication. If I was going to do this and make it manageable, I'd have to extend out my scripts to do a better job of doing this unattended - if that's possible - otherwise it's a more manual task of manually saving out each tag per plugin...)

I'm not sure this is something I'm willing to do at this point...

I'll have a look at whether I can pick up and drive the tag/banks thing - if that's possible and reliable, then I can simply let it run in my downtime and it won't require much manual effort, which will make the task more doable...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, des99 said:

I had a quick look at the UADx version of the 1176 versus the current DSP version, and the presets and plugin manager are the same.

I could save out the entire UA library for the DSP plugins (it looks like preset save/recall works even if the DSP isn't connected/active/authorised), but there are 237 plugins so that's a big ask (and as the preset manager is tagged, with multiple presets showing up under multiple tags, so you end up saving out quite a lot of presets per plugin with all the duplication. If I was going to do this and make it manageable, I'd have to extend out my scripts to do a better job of doing this unattended - if that's possible - otherwise it's a more manual task of manually saving out each tag per plugin...)

I'm not sure this is something I'm willing to do at this point...

I'll have a look at whether I can pick up and drive the tag/banks thing - if that's possible and reliable, then I can simply let it run in my downtime and it won't require much manual effort, which will make the task more doable...

Thank you for looking into it.  Yes, understood that it is a lot of data and work!  If you find a way to automate the process, that would be wonderful. Otherwise, if your time allows and you have the motivation, perhaps just start with the "greatest hits" of most popular UAD plugins.

Perhaps Apple could include this automatic creation of Logic presets from plug-in presets as a Logic feature. In fact, I am going to request that through the Apple feedback area.  Apple should see this as another great Logic feature that improves workflow.  The more people who request this, perhaps the more likely that Apple implements it.  So others who value Logic presets for plugins, please voice your support to Apple for an automatic method of such creation to be added as a Logic feature:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

Ok, I think I've found a more practical way of doing it which will make it easier and quicker (and therefore more practical).

Basically, in this case, I will just step through the presets and save them in a flat structure for each plugin. This simplifies the saving process and requires the least amount of preset saving, as we're not dealing with saving presets into multiple different categories/tags.

Then, a separate script (likely in PHP) will read the original JSON files for the presets to pull out the tag/category data for each, and create the necessary bank structure and copy the Logic preset to respect the tag layout (including multiple places etc) - which is essentially an instant process.

Working on it, it will take a little while to complete... (~9000 individual presets, 200+ plugins)

• Like 1

So this works great. I just use KM to save out a flat bunch of all the presets automatically, which is an unattended and simple process per plugin, and then I have a script that will run through all the UAD plugins, and if Logic presets have been saved for one or more plugins, will pull the JSON data from the original presets, create the necessary folders and copy the presets to each folder/tag it needs to be in to automatically classify them.

So it's just a case of running through and saving out the presets for each plugin (which will take a bit of time of course) but at least this minimises the grunt work... So yes, UAD Complete (V11) will be incoming... 👍

Kapture2023-12-27at02_09_07.gif.ecf13914a30b10a005f8449b2630dcb1.gif

@Marcus Aurelius Before I get too far down the conversion road, if you can let me know a UAD DSP plugin you have, I'll convert it and upload a test for you to try - I just want to make sure the presets load on a working system with a UAD2 present and an authorised plugin. (I think it will be fine, but it will be nice to make sure, given the amount of files to do...)

Thanks! 👍

• Like 2

13 hours ago, des99 said:

So this works great. I just use KM to save out a flat bunch of all the presets automatically, which is an unattended and simple process per plugin, and then I have a script that will run through all the UAD plugins, and if Logic presets have been saved for one or more plugins, will pull the JSON data from the original presets, create the necessary folders and copy the presets to each folder/tag it needs to be in to automatically classify them.

@Marcus Aurelius Before I get too far down the conversion road, if you can let me know a UAD DSP plugin you have, I'll convert it and upload a test for you to try - I just want to make sure the presets load on a working system with a UAD2 present and an authorised plugin. (I think it will be fine, but it will be nice to make sure, given the amount of files to do...)

Thanks! 👍

This is great!  Thank you for doing this.  I hope others (and perhaps you yourself) will find this useful.  I will certainly spread the word to colleagues and friends who use UAD with Logic.

For a test run, perhaps try with Galaxy Echo.  There is no native version of that plug-in, only the hardware UAD one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

For a test run, perhaps try with Galaxy Echo.  There is no native version of that plug-in, only the hardware UAD one.

Ok, great, thanks. (There is a native version of Galaxy Tape Echo, BTW).

Try these, and let me know whether they work as expected - thanks!

• Like 1

Try these, and let me know whether they work as expected - thanks!

UAD Galaxy Tape Echo.zip 1.12 MB · 0 downloads

Just tried it, and the presets work great! They load right up into the Logic plug-in instance!

(There is a native version of Galaxy Tape Echo, BTW).

Ah, yes, you are correct; I forgot that.  Were Logic presets ever created for that native one? 

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Just tried it, and the presets work great!

Great, thanks for confirming. I thought they'd be fine, but good to know for sure (as I've already done about 50 plugins... 😉 )

15 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Were Logic presets ever created for that native one? 

I've only done UADx presets for the UADx plugins I have, or have demoed so far, so no, I haven't done that one yet. I'll likely do the rest of the UADx ones, but I either have to burn a demo of them, or subscribe to Spark, and I tend not to burn demos just in case I want to actually demo them for real at some point and no longer have the option.

They're doing a $1/month deal for 3 months of Spark right now so maybe I'll just sub to that and do the rest of the UADx ones, but I'm cranking through the DSP ones first, and I'll come back to those after. 👍

• Like 1

uad_complete.jpg.c1c6f1d13eae8b1cfc0d7cfca1b7074f.jpg

Universal Audio Complete (Apollo)
Presets from Universal Audio's DSP/Apollo Plugins (V11).

211 plugin folders, 25,712 presets total. Does not include UADx (native) plugins.

UAD Complete V11.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, copy the desired plugin folders to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Universal Audio/

(If you already have user presets saved in any given plugin preset folder, then don't overwrite the plugin folders, copy the folder contents inside them.) 

• Love 2

I just updated my processing script to handle UADx plugins as well, so I can process them in a similar way (which is a lot easier), and I also subbed to Spark, so I'll crank through and finish off the rest of the UADx native plugins while I'm here (for completeness!)

12 hours ago, des99 said:

uad_complete.jpg.c1c6f1d13eae8b1cfc0d7cfca1b7074f.jpg

Universal Audio Complete (Apollo)
Presets from Universal Audio's DSP/Apollo Plugins (V11).

211 plugin folders, 25,712 presets total. Does not include UADx (native) plugins.

UAD Complete V11.zip 93.2 MB · 1 download

Instructions: Once unpacked, copy the desired plugin folders to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Universal Audio/

(If you already have user presets saved in any given plugin preset folder, then don't overwrite the plugin folders, copy the folder contents inside them.) 

Fantastic! Thank you for doing this.  I will test these out next week.

• Like 1

electra.thumb.jpeg.baf07d5fe2a418f56a9c61dddf0504bc.jpeg

Universal Audio UADx Electra 88
Presets from the electric piano plugin.

UADx Electra 88 Vintage Keys.zip

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Universal Audio (UADx)/UADx Electra 88 Vintage Keys/

• Like 1

ravel.thumb.png.102025a8697859e80d433117779a7807.png

Universal Audio UADx Ravel Grand
Presets from the piano plugin.

UADx Ravel Grand Piano.zip

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Universal Audio (UADx)/UADx Ravel Grand Piano/

avalon_vt-737sp.thumb.jpg.6bb8c6544a1a05e082148d0c0792fd57.jpg

Universal Audio UADx Avalon VT737
Presets from the analog hardware channel strip plugin.

UADx Avalon VT-737 Channel Strip.zip

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Universal Audio (UADx)/UADx Avalon VT-737 Channel Strip/

• Like 1