Using Live Loops as a loop pedal

thirdspace

I would like to use the Live Loops feature in the same way I would expect to use a loop pedal (like a Boss Loopstation or similar) - but it seems to be the one thing I can't make it do, and hopefully I'm missing something really obvious! (although a few YouTube tutorials on the subject also don't mention this). When using a loop pedal in a live situation (say with a guitar) the one thing the performer does not know when they are capturing the loop is the tempo (I mean they might have a rough idea but certainly don't want to set up a metronome and listen to a click!) The performer is just playing a repeating phrase, at some point taps the loop pedal to start recording and then a bit later taps the pedal again to stop recording and the captured loop just plays back. This doesn't seem possible with Live Loops but as mentioned there may be some magic setting that changes the way the initial loop is captured... so any help with this would be great!

PS I have checked out a couple of looper plugins (MSuperlooper and Enso) but don't really want to spring for still in development plugins if I can achieve the same in Logic itself 😁

Thanks for the suggestion - but this is for live performance. I know what you’re thinking - why not just use MainStage then? Well….. MainStage has some issues when setting up routing with aux channels which is not the case in Logic Pro. Also MainStage struggles with carrying out audio duties and representing this in graphic form which is indeed ironic when you think about it.

18 minutes ago, thirdspace said:

MainStage has some issues when setting up routing with aux channels

MainStage struggles with carrying out audio duties

Have you tried addressing those problem you are encountering with MainStage on the forum?

representing this in graphic form which is indeed ironic

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean here…

Edited by Atlas007

Apologies - was having a bit of an unfocused rant there, expecting you to know what I was going on about!! 

Have you tried addressing those problem you are encountering with MainStage on the forum?

Yes - but I’ll have another go!

representing this in graphic form

Here I was referring to my requirement to represent a MIDI footpedal with multiple patches each with a different visual in MainStage - where MainStage  can only offer one. Again I’ll give the MainStage forum a go and probably the forum for the footpedal for other suggestions. Thanks for bearing with me :)