Is it possible to move an entire arrangement forward?

Maestro777
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

Got myself into a bit of an unforeseen issue. I have an entire arrangement consisting of about 137 bars with an arrangment track assigned as well. Now I need to create several empty bars before the arrangement to prepend additional "stuff". Is there a way that I can move the entire arrangement forward by a number of bars and still keep things intact without risk of screwing this up?

I tried selecting all the header sections of the arrangement track and attempted to slide them forward but that doesn't appear to work since nothing moves. Unlike taking a section or two and performing a copy.

Worse comes to worse and I know the other less desirable alternative would be to create negative bars before the song but I really prefer not to do that if it can be avoided.

Suggestions?

• Solution
23 minutes ago, Maestro777 said:

Is there a way that I can move the entire arrangement forward by a number of bars and still keep things intact without risk of screwing this up?

Create a cycle area at bar 1 that matches the number of bars you want to insert then choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Insert Silence at Locators. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Create a cycle area at bar 1 that matches the number of bars you want to insert then choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Insert Silence at Locators. 

Hello David! I'm probably missing something b/c after creating the cycle area, Insert Silence at locators isn't visible from my edit menu.

794865220_ScreenShot2022-09-15at8_00_21AM.thumb.png.7828e10f49ff0ca643e883a36f4b8ae7.png

• Like 1