Insert time affects current marker set only?

Steve Jorgensen

When I insert time, markers after the insert point in the current marker set are moved to the right as they ought to be. When I select another marker set, however, I find that all the markers are still in their original positions and no longer match up with the material they were originally intended to mark. I can't imagine when this behavior would be desirable, so I presume it is a bug.

Currently, the only workaround I have found is to identify the location of the first marker in the non-current marker set that will need to be moved, and then after inserting time, switch marker tracks, select that marker and all those to the right of it, and manually move them to the right be the appropriate amount of time.

Is there some simpler solution? Might this be fixed in a future Logic Pro update?

On 7/17/2022 at 12:00 AM, Steve Jorgensen said:

When I insert time, markers after the insert point in the current marker set are moved to the right as they ought to be. When I select another marker set, however, I find that all the markers are still in their original positions and no longer match up with the material they were originally intended to mark. I can't imagine when this behavior would be desirable, so I presume it is a bug.

I was able to reproduce and you're right, I imagine this is likely to be a bug. Especially when you consider that if you have track alternatives, all of them move according to the time inserted, so one would assume that marker sets would behave the same.