Merging two automation lanes for the same parameter in the same track

ptrickf
Go to solution Solved by ptrickf,

Hello, I have somehow got two separate automation lanes for an amplitube wah wah that I'm controlling from an expression pedal in the Audio 5 track. The bottom lane (3 Amplitube 5: Param 2) in the screenshot is the one now controlled by the pedal. The upper lane (Param 2) is not controlled by the pedal but is still connected to the wah wah on playback. Is there any way of merging these two automation tracks?

I've been tearing my hair out for the last few hours to find a solution...when what I should obviously do is 1. delete the upper lane and redo the wah wah... and then 2. learn to set up automation properly once and for all

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 09.40.08.png

Edited by ptrickf

1 minute ago, ptrickf said:

Yes, I think you mean this.

Yes, that's what I meant. 

So here's what you should do, after doing careful backups just to make sure you don't lose anything: 

1. In the Param2 lane, use the Automation Select Tool to select all unnecessary automation data (for example the data after bar 169) and press delete to delete it. 
  2. Click the automation parameter pop-up menu and hold down Option while you choose 3 AmpliTube 5: Param 2.
  3. In the alert, choose "Copy and Convert". 
  • Love 1