Behringer BCF2000 to Logic Pro X

joshf12

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a BCF2000 and am so close to getting it to fully work with Logic X. I have it hooked up, and the faders and pots communicate with Logic, but the faders do not hold their position, and fall back down immediately afterwards. I would like them to mirror my screen. I have followed just about every tutorial and help discussion related to the BCF2000 in regards to this topic, I just can't get to fully work. It does not go into pan mode, it stays on the LC screen after set up. 

Operating system: 12.4

On 1/5/2011 at 2:49 PM, Alan Shields said:

From the description in your original post and that video I have to say that yes, my problem was identical to yours. The only difference (and it's irrelevant) is that I was operating via midi not USB and my unit was set to S-4. Thinking that it may be a midi problem I tried running it via USB. It worked for almost 10 minutes. In fact I got it to work on 4 separate occasions during that initial 2 weeks but never for more that 10-15 minutes at a go. Even closing the project and opening another caused the unit to revert to that state i.e. the one you're experiencing now.

During that time I repaired permission dozens of times, used Onyx and ran every maintenance and cleaning operation it was capable of several times including daily, weekly and monthly scripts. Nothing worked and occasionally when the unit started to respond it was spontaneous as I was doing nothing when it started working. Of course it stopped working just as spontaneously.

I had followed Kouly's tips but they had no affect and I had run out of things to try. I was resigned to the fact that I had purchased a paper weight and was thinking that I'll send it back to the retailer. I was, quite literally, opening the box to pack the unit up for shipping when I thought "what the hell, let's trash the control surface preferences one last time". I did and when I restarted the Mac the BCF started working correctly. I was stunned and more than a little sceptical as it had fooled me into thinking that it was working before.

I've tried everything to trip it up over the last 5 days but its rock solid. Everything works as it should. So I don't know what to say to you BobMac, I had your problem and tried everything I could think of over and over and nothing worked. One day I trashed the controller preferences (for the 8th or 9th time) and the unit suddenly worked. Perhaps you need to do everything else first. Try Onyx and do all the cleanup and maintenance tasks. Then try again. Have you read through that post in its entirety? There might be something in it that I've overlooked.

Keep us posted on your progress and Best of luck,

Alan.

The quote above is one of my replies to someone having the same problems as you in January 2011. The Mac was a different machine with a different OS back then but some of the suggestions I made may help you out. When I eventually got it working it worked steadily for many years after that. 

The original help I got with it (as mentioned in the post) was from a member called Kouly in a post from 2006 which you can find here. You should try these first.

It was all so long ago that I can't really remember the specifics but hopefully there will be something useful in those posts.

Alan

Edited by Alan Shields