Logic Pro Control Surface Setup

GPaoloFontani
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hi everyone. I connected Behringer BCF2000 to Mac mini 2020 M1 and I setup this as Mackie Control on Logic Pro (I use Mackie because with BCF2000 setup motorized faders don’t work). Every time I open Logic, it opens Control Surfaces Setup adding BCF2000 Control Surface (even if I remove it). How can I do to stop opening Control Surfaces window every time I open Logic Pro? I tried to remove plist files from Library and I also removed automatic installation without solving. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Gian Paolo

• Solution

Logic scans for control surfaces at launch, and when they reply, it adds them. If you want this not to happen, you need to remove that controller from Logic (so it can't send out, or receive handshakes).

Because the BCF doesn't have a control surface module, it must be handled by the newer LUA script stuff, so let's check:

Logic Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/MACore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MIDI Device Scripts/, and sure enough there is a /BEHRINGER/BCF2000.device script in there.

What I do with unwanted control surface modules, or these scripts, is create a MIDI Devices (Unused) folder next to MIDI Devices, and move the stuff I don't want scanned into there. (Or you can just move/delete it of course - make sure you have a backup of the Logic app before you tinker).

Once that's gone, Logic won't know about that device, and thus won't ever find one, or add it.

• Like 1