BCF2000 and Logic Problems

melodea

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my Behringer BCF2000 to work as a control surface for Logic.

Man, I tried everything, (Kouly had a approach in another thread. I tried, no cigars).

I had mail traffic with Behringer.

I can't get this to work properly!!!

I'm running Logic 9.1.1. on a Mac Book Pro

2.66 Intel Core 2 4GB OSX 10.6.3

What happens: I install it and it runs ok, until

I start to use it for a couple of minutes and then it seems that the connection to Logic gets corrupted. Logic can control the BCF (when I move a fader in Logic, the fader of BCF moves too) but the BCF wouldn't control Logic anymore.

Any Ideas?

melodea

Make sure that you have the most current firmware update on the BCF2000 (1.10), and although it covers this in the manual, its a little odd, when you turn it on, to switch it into LC emulation mode (which has been working great for me), you need to hold down the 3rd button on the top left - under the V-Pot labeled PAR while turning the BCF2000 on. You don't need to do this every time you turn it on and off, btw, just the one time. It should say LC for a moment on the LED display.

I haven't been using it a ton, mostly just to write automation, and do panning and volume changes, but so far, it works the way its documented in the Behringer manual, and of course, there's lots of info in Logic's Control Surfaces manual.

I noticed the faders don't really fight with you now when you're moving them to write automation.

I did have to delete and re-add the BCF2000 in the control surfaces setup after updating the firmware, and it seems to have recognized it exactly as it should, and I didn't have to adjust anything.

Did you turn it on and hold the button down until it says LC or until it say EG? If you hold it down too long, it will be in Edit Global mode, and things can get screwy. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you, since I haven't had any issues with my unit.

Is it running of USB buss power? Or Mains? Because i have had problems with other midi gear working, then stopping after a while as the powered usb ports didn't provide enough power. Although with motorised faders, I expect its got its own power supply.

Thanx guys, I tried that too. Hold the third button down shortly until LC appears.

I reinstalled it but no success. It works fine until I switch fader banks with the preset buttons a couple of times and it gets stuck again, meaning that Logic can control BCF but not vice versa.

melodea

RobbinsEgg solution is the proper last ditch effort to correct problems with this unit, (the first being the deletion of the Logic Control unit in the set up window.)

These files get corrupted fairly easy it seems. Thanks RE for the proper call on this one.

Hi there,

I had the exact same problem and it drove me nuts. I tried all the tips and tricks to no avail. So I ditched the USB connection and connected the good old MIDI cables. I deleted the BCF2000 from the control surface setup and after that powered up the BCF2000. It got recognized again by Logic and has been working since with no problems. I know that this isn't a good solution when you're out of MIDI ports, but if you have some connections left you get another free USB port in return :wink:

thanx mate,

I opened the preferences of spotlight and e'thing is checked.

Spotlight still can't find the com.apple........files. I put my User Folder in Privacy option and took it right out again....nothing. Spotlight can't find those files.

any idea?

(this is outside Logic Stuff, but anyway useful;-))

• 9 months later...