score default quantization

splunk

I'm having a problem in 10.7.4 with getting the desired quantization on new regions. If I deselect all regions and get the Default region, I can set the quantize value to 16,24, since that's what I want to see with all new regions. But, when I record a new region, the score quantization always goes to 8,12. I can override this by setting the division to 16, which seems to force the score quantization to 16, 24, but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to need to do this unless I set the quantization to Default on the Default region. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong or is this one of those weird things that's only happening on my machine?

OK, so either this has been fixed or there's something odd going on with my setup. I'll do some more tests. Unfortunately, I didn't update the OS before Apple released Ventura, so I'm stuck on 10.7.4 on this computer until I update the OS. I'm not sure if all my third party stuff is Ventura ready, though.

Thanks for checking this, Atlas007!

• Like 1

I think it has been screwed up for a long time. I remember reporting this issue years ago and I just tried it again without predictable results. I recall it used to be as long as you picked a default display quantize that was less than the grid division value it would remain (after you toggled record on/off) . Now I can't even get that to work correctly. I will retest everything again later this week when I have a moment and see if I can find a solution, for now you will have to use 16,24 and then change it after the recording

• Like 1

That's a bummer. I seem to be running into an unusual number of roadblocks in Logic, lately. In my case, I would prefer to have 8th notes as the division for the metronome and grid, but I want the default score quantization to be 16, 24. But, I can't ever seem to get that quantization value unless I set the division to 16th notes. It isn't a deal breaker, but it's definitely not the way it's supposed to work, according to the manual. 

Just to make things even more complicated, I'm one of those people who never puts Logic into record when I'm working with MIDI. I play in the parts and when I get something I like, I use the capture recording command. I have a feeling that this feature isn't even taken into consideration with the default score setup, but I did my testing by recording normally and that didn't work either.

Thanks, volovicg!