Volume automation percentages not showing properly

johnnytucats

On a Kontakt pedal steel instrument I'm adding automation for the instrument's volume pedal. It's working fine…and I'm going by my ears…but the percentage readout in Logic Pro's automation is just wrong:

Screenshot2023-03-23at9_01_19AM.thumb.png.72e1895f6d0d156939f1c366e7d98433.png

The numbers sometimes are right but mostly I get this.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Mac Studio M1 Max, macOS 13.2.1, Logic Pro 10.7.7, Kontakt 7

Your answer prompted me to see if a different instrument would look the same. However, when I went back to look at it the numbers were all different and they weren't even percentages. On top of that, the automation was controlling the wrong parameter.

I've got it fixed now. Thanks for the nudge.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately I've been able to reproduce this problem quite well lately. On my system it seems to affect NI software instruments being controlled using the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard plug-in. For any given automation parameter, the numerical values displayed everywhere on the automation curves are the same. For Logic Pro's own software instruments I am not getting this bug. @johnnytucats How did you fix your Kontakt instrument?

Screenshot2023-11-12at09_51_31.thumb.png.1d5f15a7bf44ed4d40d58318dec68d0b.png

Here is another example of the same bug with Komplete Kontrol being used to automate Monark. The automation parameter value given in the track header at the playhead position (shown here at the region border) appears to be correct (8.2). In the centre of the automation curve the value at the playhead position is given correctly as 5.9 in the track header but is displayed wrongly as 8.2 on the curve. How could this be?

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 11.19.21.png

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 11.25.38.png

Thanks for your feedback on this topic, guys. I will open a ticket at Native Instruments and report back if there is a work around or if the bug will be fixed in future updates. To be clear, like Johnny said at the start of the thread, the automation does work fine acoustically - it is just the values displayed on the curve that are wrong.

• Like 1