Sample Alchemy

Scriabin rocks

Spent two days now with Sample Alchemy. 

This is the very first Pad sound I ever created on my own.

The original pad was created from a loop with SA, which kicks in at 42s, this pad was then re-synthesized again in SA, and automated, which starts the track. Sample Alchemy is a world on it's own, no, a Universe...

• Like 2

*blush* You are too kind David, I can not overstate enough, I am just a Greenhorn with all that stuff, hence I am doing without really knowing! 🤣

Nevertheless, I was stuck for 10 hours today experimenting, learning Logic features at the same time, and it ended with that here, well not really ended, it is neither polished nor finished. That being said, I am totally fascinated by the universe that opens up to me there.

Humble first steps. The Idea was to use samples from Omnisphere, hence I added three samples (that's where the screenshot is from) into a patch with no further tweaking, and bounced that.

The first 16s are the naked Omnisphere source for the improvisation, that I  imported to Sample Alchemy, used loop mode and recorded motion, added just a wee bit of Nylon etc., please excuse the fade out, I am wrecked after 10 hours.  P.S. LOL, I just set the tempo to 20 bpm, so I can see everything in one window, switched off the metronome, pressed record and played, in case you wonder what tempo that is in, there is none specific. Best, Georg

Edited by Scriabin rocks
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Scriabin rocks said:

Thanks. I needed to roll off that Nylon though, apart from the crapped fade out. It really sounds like the mic only is 1mm away. 🤣

Actually I thought it could be more prominent in the mix 🙂