Sustain and Midi

Walnut

Hi, I am curious about the sustain pedal with midi.... I have been having issues with the sustain pedal and notes doing exactly what I want. It is as if sometimes they do not sustain correctly and at the correct positions.  I love so many things about logic but when it comes to recording midi, this might be my least favorite program, as I find myself always having to go back and tweak little things such as that. The sustain will cut off at the end of the bar and then not sustain where I want it to on the next bar.  I did not have these problems in cubase nor ableton.... Ugh

16 minutes ago, rAC said:

There’s another thread on this have you looked at it?

Do you have an idea how to find that other thread so we could link to it? For example do you remember some of the keywords that were used? Or some of the usernames of the members involved in that discussion? 

Edit: Oh I suppose you meant that one: 

5 hours ago, Walnut said:

The sustain will cut off at the end of the bar and then not sustain where I want it to on the next bar

If by "end of the bar" you mean "end of the MIDI Region", select the MIDI Region(s) and uncheck "Clip Length" in the region inspector:

image.png.8502d1e7d2c30f2b25cbd7f30500840e.png

Logic will never cut off Sustain at the "end of a bar" if the end of a bar does not coincide with the end of the region

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1