Strip Silence - take folders vs no take folders

Jlogic9
Go to solution Solved by Jlogic9,

Good Morning All, 

When I select an audio track that is a single take (no take folder) and press Control + X the strip silence function opens, but if I select an audio track that shows a take folder (even if I've deleted all takes except for one) I receive an error message that reads "Command not available because there are no audio regions selected." I've tried various ways to select the audio but I'm clearly not doing this correctly. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that several times. I've even double clicked on the actual take (below the track header/region) which opens that individual take (to ensure it is uniquely selected) it in editing mode and I still get the same error message. In case it matters, I'm running Logic 10.7.9.

As I try different things, when I double click and open that take and it opens in edit mode, under "functions" (to the right of "edit" and left of "view") the drop down menu shows "Remove silence..." but it, along with everything else EXCEPT "Normalize Region Gain" and "Apply Normalize Region Gain Again" are deselected/greyed out.

• Solution

No worries. Instead of spending my time doom scrolling, I found this and it works. Thanks:

1) Make sure your Project File Browser is open. 

2) In the Tracks area, Option-click to select the desired take -> The corresponding region is selected in the browser.

3) In the Project File Browser, control-click the selected audio region and choose Remove Silence From Audio Region. 

4) In the Alert, click Replace.

• Like 1