Add a track to an existing take folder? [SOLVED]

everydayjones

• 11 years later...
this is a very old topic, but new to me. for a while i had been dragging tracks into take folders when i wanted and now i find i can’t do it. i have had to go back to the old way of unpacking the take folder then creating a new take folder including the region or track i want to include. a bit inconvenient and it would be nice to know what has gone wrong if anyone has any insight into this?

• 2 years later...

Likewise is not working for me.  I would love to drop a new recording onto an existing take folder to add it, but apparently that is no longer possible.

UPDATE: *I was wrong*  You can drop a new recording into a take folder.  I was pointed in the right direction by David's post here.  Here's what I was doing wrong:

1. Drag setting has to be Overlap, I was on No Overlap
  2. You have to drop it onto the edited comp on the main track for the take folder, not onto the "Takes Area"
  3. If you otherwise have a good comp created, duplicate that comp like David suggests so you don't lose it when you add the new file.

David is quick!! He replied as I was uploading the video...

Screen Recording 2023-09-14 at 2.24.29 PM.gif

Edited by tootone
New updated info
  • Like 1