Accidentally bouncing a project with low latency mode on

ColbyKeyz

11 hours ago, ColbyKeyz said:

That would be ridiculous

I would find it ridiculous if Logic was delusional enough to believe it knows better than me whether LLM should be on or off during a bounce. Maybe I like the sound of LLM on, so I may want to bounce that. Maybe I want to post a snippet to the forum with and without LLM. Essentially, I decide whether the bounce will be with or without LLM, and I am responsible for the result.

accidentally

Well, yes, accidents do happen. But I'd rather roll my eyes about my own stupidity and then do the bounce correctly than have some software babysit me by wildly guessing what I actually wanted or not.

Edited by fuzzfilth
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

A few other DAWs are designed in a way where Low Latency Monitoring is only used when actively monitoring and far fewer mistakes happen… just saying…

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209072249-Reduced-Latency-when-Monitoring-FAQ

Live's "Reduced Latency When Monitoring” seems to do something completely different from Logic’s “Low Latency” mode, judging from that FAQ!?🍏/🟠?

Edited by polanoid

22 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Live's "Reduced Latency When Monitoring” seems to do something completely different from Logic’s “Low Latency” mode, judging from that FAQ!?🍏/🟠?

Logic:

"Low Latency mode allows you to limit the maximum delay time caused by plug-ins. Plug-ins will be bypassed to ensure that the maximum delay that can occur across the entire signal flow (of the current track) remains under the chosen value."

Live:

"'Reduced latency when monitoring' is an option in Live which allows you to bypass device or process related latency in the monitored track(s), in order to reduce latency.

'Reduced Latency when Monitoring' only works when you're monitoring an external signal in Live, ie. When the track's Monitor is set to "In", or "Auto" and armed for recording."

The difference between the two that I can see is Live only disables plugins in the monitoring path when you're actually monitoring (and the same occurs in Studio One and others). Although I suppose one could say this is more an issue of Logic always monitoring the selected track without the user explicitly enabling it. So if someone is using a lot of bus processing, the mix will change completely as ColbyKeyz has mentioned elsewhere.

Is there a purpose for Low Latency mode other than monitoring that I'm unaware of?

Edited by sunbrother