Potential bug? Can't replace bounced files with the same name

anp27
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

How to reproduce: bounce a song and give it whatever name you want, leave it where it is (usually the Bounces folder). Then bounce the song again but don't change the name (reuse the same song name). In the past, Logic would ask me, "would you like to replace the file?" and then Logic would overwrite the previous file. Now in 10.8.1 when I try to do this Logic gives me an error message saying "Abort." and I can't proceed. Please let me know if it's just me or whether this is a bug.

Hi anp27,

I cannot reproduce your issue in 10.8.1 here, but I noticed you get two different dialogs...

You get this one when the name you specify matches what's on disk (but you don't specify the file extension):

Screenshot2023-12-14at17_52_49.png.bd2555a31e3aa86e1d24ed4d769965b5.png

You can also get this one when the name you specify matches exactly what's on disk (i.e, including file extension):

Screenshot2023-12-14at18_10_34.png.88eee67193acffc3f640471c9339708c.png

On both cases choosing replace actually replaces the file, so no bug.

In your case it might be something to do with file permissions or somethings along those lines.

J.

7 hours ago, Jordi Torres said:

Hi anp27,

I cannot reproduce your issue in 10.8.1 here, but I noticed you get two different dialogs...

You get this one when the name you specify matches what's on disk (but you don't specify the file extension):

Screenshot2023-12-14at17_52_49.png.bd2555a31e3aa86e1d24ed4d769965b5.png

You can also get this one when the name you specify matches exactly what's on disk (i.e, including file extension):

Screenshot2023-12-14at18_10_34.png.88eee67193acffc3f640471c9339708c.png

Those are the two message I used to get prior to 10.8.1. Now I get this message: 

Abort.png

Just now, Jordi Torres said:

Well, that's very specific, no? Do you have more than one project open at the same time?

J.

Yeah, it's a weird message! No, in all of the times when this message popped up I only had one project open at a time. I almost never have two projects at once.

• Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, JakobP said:

Are you adding the bounces to the project using the checkbox in the bounce dialog ?

OMG I feel a little dumb right now 😂 so yes the 'Add to Project' check box was selected this entire team. It's weird though because I never check that box... maybe the 10.8.1 went ahead and checked it for me... Anyway, I unchecked the box and now everything is back to working as it did before, thanks!