Mastering Assistant

Remote Vision
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Greetings all. I am wondering if there is any way to turn off the mastering assistant from showing up (greyed out) on the Output 1+2 channel strip? Whenever I am working on the output, I find myself accidentally clicking that and then having it turn itself on and start to do its analysis. 

It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying. Any way to make it disappear?

8 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

No. That gray "Mastering" slot is just another empty slot, like the Audio FX or MIDI FX slots, and you cannot remove empty slots from channel strips. 

Hi David. Understood, but when I click on an empty AU or MFX slot, it doesn't launch into a process or open a plugin. It looks like they did alter some behavior in that it doesn't seem to go straight into analysis mode. 

1 minute ago, Remote Vision said:

when I click on an empty AU or MFX slot, it doesn't launch into a process or open a plugin.

Correct. This launches the plug-in like clicking the EQ thumbnail opens a Channel EQ or the Gain reduction meter opens a Compressor. 

2 minutes ago, Remote Vision said:

It looks like they did alter some behavior in that it doesn't seem to go straight into analysis mode.

It goes straight into analysis mode here for me. 

23 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

It goes straight into analysis mode here for me. 

It used to do that here, but now a little dialogue box pops up explaining what mastering is, and once you click through that nonsense, you get to the blank Assistant plugin with the option to hit analyze. You may need to update if you're not seeing that. 

I see here and elsewhere I'm not the only one accidentally clicking in that field. Perhaps Apple will see reason and make some UI adjustments or allow us to use Mastering Asst. like a regular, loadable plugin and get it off the UI. 

Thank you, David, for taking a look into this, I'm going mark this as solved as it seems we're stuck with it for now. Happy holidays!

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.50.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.50.35 AM.png

Edited by Remote Vision