Logic Notation: Remove or move a single bar number?

gmcerveny
Go to solution Solved by gmcerveny,

I've got this ugly bar number colliding with my repeat section markings and I'm wondering if I can remove or reposition it?

Screenshot2023-12-08at9_57_42AM.thumb.png.f6603a0bc7bfcb16afbf1e9266087e5b.png

I see that I can either:
a) remove all bar numbers.
b) alter the step value so it doesn't land there.
Screenshot2023-12-08at9_58_04AM.thumb.png.1c6c3816b52211c8d56317e485cad794.png

I'm curious if there's another way to reposition or otherwise just remove this single mark.

I'm curious if there's another way to reposition or otherwise just remove this single mark.

I'm afraid we're 0 for 2 here. Between a or b, b is the less objectionable. If it's not a long song, I'd be tempted to type in the bar numbers as needed. Or I'd type in the first page's bar numbers, print it,  and print out the remaining pages with those that Logic enters.

But to answer the general question, there is no way to edit a given bar number. 

@volovicg helped me several years ago to *obscure* an unwanted symbol. He covered it up somehow with another entry. Admittedly that would be tricky here because you'd cover up a portion to the 2. repeat. (But that could be independently moved.) 

I've spent fifteen minutes trying to recreate what Greg did, but no matter what I drag over the unwanted bar number 17, it shows through. Even putting a smiley face over it will not mask it. 

Maybe Greg can comment. 

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 5.07.37 PM.png

Edited by Plowman
typo
  • Like 1

• Solution
15 hours ago, Plowman said:

If it's not a long song, I'd be tempted to type in the bar numbers as needed. Or I'd type in the first page's bar numbers, print it,  and print out the remaining pages with those that Logic enters.

This is an interesting idea. I'll keep this in my back pocket.

13 hours ago, DanRad said:

Bar numbers under staff?  That's how a lot of stuff is numbered.

Thanks for the suggestion. As a quick test, I tried a negative vertical position in the names & numbers section, but doesn't get low enough. This could certainly be implemented manually though.

13 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I wonder if adjusting the vertical positions of clashing elements could be helpful/feasible?

This is a good thought as well. Here's what that looks like:

Screenshot2023-12-08at8_23_02PM.png.5aca966e16cf42ba2d6dcb46f65df19c.png

Having confirmed the options, and now understanding a little better the limitations of the numbering system, I think ultimately what I'm going to do is just move to bar numbers at the beginning of lines with a surrounding box.

Screenshot2023-12-08at8_21_22PM.thumb.png.28145292bcc6100161eb7e0071eb7a67.png

Thank you all for your thoughtful answer!

• Like 1