I can’t seem to record vocal into Logic Pro using my Apollo twin x

BigJ714
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

What’s up everybody, im new to this forum, this is my first time ever posting so I apologize in advance if my post is not following a certain format, if I’m not making any sense, and/or if I’m not providing the right information needed to state and resolve my issue. It’s been about 6 months since I started my music journey and about a month since I’ve gone from using a Scarlett 4i4 to an Apollo twin X TB3 with a TB2 UAD DSP-2 Quadcore accelerator. Ever since I switched over I haven’t been able to record any vocals into Logic Pro. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’ve watched video after video following every instruction to the T, but I just can’t seem to get it right. I get signal going into UA Console but as soon as I hit record in Logic the wave form in my audio track just flat lines and does not pick up anything. I’ve  checked my I/O’s, unchecked software monitoring in logic, muted channels in console, etc.  and still nothing😞 If anyone could share some insight or has had this same issue and resolved it, I’d appreciate it if you could help me out, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this long-as* post🙏🏽

My system info is 

(Late 2021) 16.2” MacBook Pro M1 Max 10-Core CPU; 64GB Unified Memory; 2TB Solid State Drive; 32-Core GPU/16-Core Neural Engine 

MacOS-Ventura 13.6

2TB Sandisk PRO-G40 TB3 External SSD

Satechi TB4 docking station

Logic Pro 10.8.1

Apollo twin x TB3 + UADSP-2 Quadcore accelerator TB2 connection via TB3 adapter 

SHURE SM7DB

On 12/14/2023 at 12:40 AM, oscwilde said:

Take a look at this thread to see if any of the offered solutions sorts out your problem.
If no solution is forthcoming in the linked thread, let us know what you've tried and we'll see if someone can help out.

Thank you for sharing this thread with me it definitely brought some insight as to where I was going wrong, I had my mic in input 2 due to the fact that when using the Hi-Z input it overrides mic input channel 1. But now for some reason when I try to record there is little to no wave form unless I’m literally screaming not the mic and  even then I get a little scribble showing up, but once I playback the track I can hear myself clearly, unless I have a plug in inserted into the UAD console, then it just cuts out completely after the first syllable, or cuts in and out at a very low level 

Edited by BigJ714
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oscwilde said:

The Shure mic can operate in phantom powered mode or in "bypass" (no phantom power) mode.
Is 48V enabled for the channel on the Apollo?

Yessir, this problem only seems to be occurring In Logic because everything is working just fine when I’m on recording in Pro tools 

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem and continue to have lots of problems with the UAD Apollo Twin, but this particular problem I had as well and it was solved by doing a hardware reset of the Apollo unit. 

"Power off your system and disconnect the Thunderbolt/USB cable from the computer.

Hold the PREAMP, LOW CUT, and POLARITY buttons and power on Apollo Twin MkII.

After all front panel LEDs flash rapidly (after several seconds), release the controls and power off Apollo Twin."