Using the Piano Staff and choosing exactly in which staff the notes appear

Nathan123456789

Hi all, sorry for the wordy title.  I'm using a Piano Staff, and I'm wanting to have more control over where the notes appear.  In the screenshot I want the 8th note E's in the treble clef and the next measure's C and E in the bass clef.  Anyone know how to do this? 

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.04.33 PM.png

5 minutes ago, eakwarren said:

Polyphonic means more than one note at a time. I believe the MIDI channel assignment means different midi channels for different voices of the chord.

Yes. 

I tried using the Staff Assignment tool on notation in a piano staff — which is where I'm likely to use it.

It didn't work. 

10 hours ago, analogika said:

"The Voice Separation tool only works for polyphonic staff styles with MIDI channel assignments."

What?

This confused me too.  The Staff can't be "Piano".  You need to scroll down the list and select something like "Piano 1/3", "Piano 1/3+4", etc...  Then from there you can use the Voice Separation Tool. Does that make sense?

@eakwarren Thank you.  This works for me.  Just need to remind myself to automatically choose Piano 1/3 instead of Piano.  Thanks again, be well.

• Like 2

So as you get more experienced you will likely move to polyphonic staff styles as the provide an immense amount of flexibility. This is the preferred method. 

1/ either create or alter the current style to be polyphonic - assign a midi channel to each voice.

2/ now you can use the voice separation tool

3/ or you can use the insert defaults to change the midi channel after selecting the notes you want to move to the other staff. 

See video below.....

staff assignment.gif

• Like 1