If you can't create a new category in Plugin Manager, do this!

peejaypv

I was trying to create a new category in Plugin Manager's window via the button '+'.

X.jpg.ce81d2fb84f6822dacd674a223b679dc.jpg

Logic created the new folder, I was able to put my custom/more used plugins inside...,

Y.thumb.jpg.4dfd9c6fe583a2a84db9049a04fb8b18.jpg

but when returning to the main window it wasn't showing the new folder over Audio FX.

Z.jpg.5cc4c013bd6e68f574ae10edce25211d.jpg
I've tried to restart Logic, nothing... So I ran a small utility to REFRESH the AU units... and restarted Logic.  Voilà

XX.jpg.bfa6419bb3086616529f412d174300e0.jpg

So, I'm attaching this small file, already compiled, so you guys just do it:
1) Create the folder in Plugin Manager
2) Close Logic
3) Run REFRESHAU
4) Restart Logic.. and the new floder will (must!) be there

Y.jpg

refresh_au

• Like 1

For info: This is just the standard terminal command to kill the component registrar ("killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar"), and when it restarts, it will force a redetection of any newly installed AU plugins (I do this to avoid having to reboot when a newly installed plugin doesn't show up, and have a terminal alias set up to run this easily.)

It shouldn't have an affect on Logic's plugin menus, if the plugins are already showing up in Logic's plugin manager. However, restarting Logic can sometimes fix things if it hasn't updated it's plugin menus correctly, which can happen.

Remember the custom folder you created will only show up in the menus if it has plugins inside (that are valid from the context you're opening the plugin menus).