AU Icon Collection

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to share, Subfunk.

Though I dont have any of these synths, these cons will prove useful when I record a sample that has a "106" or "909" feel. Incidentially, I am a huge sucker for the dirty sound of the SH101 and cant believe I didnt make it first. Here it is in all its three-flavored splendor..

I will continue to add more classics as time permits, so stay tuned...

Hi Ace of Dubs,

Man how do you get them so nice and clear looking, I'm useing graphic converter that is bundled with OSX 10.4 and is a chunky little programe, but mine are always grainy, what is your edge, is it the aqua channel?

thanks for your pngs, I've used a lot of them, I love my collection so thanks for adding so many to it.

jamie

hey macintonwa,

You need a better graphics suite. Adobe products give you much more flexibility to manipulate images. The main secret behind the ultra-clean look is vector graphics. Most of these icons were made in Adobe Illustrator, which is pixel-free and also exports to PNG. You can easily create gradations and lighting effects that have absolutley no grain.

Having said that, some of these cons were done in Photoshop via copy/paste. The secret for keeping these images clean is using high resolution originals and then rezing them down to the appropriate size. Adobe Photoshop CS has a great new feature (Smart Objects) which allows you to scale images up and down with no quality loss. This is very helpful for keeping things nice and clear. There are also quite a few noise/reduction filters included which help.

In the end, having the right tools for the job will give you more professional results.

• 2 weeks later...

sup beatz

Thats actually a good-lookin icon and pretty damn close to the one I did, which you will find in the very first post in this thread. I ended up having to draw the whole thing in illutrator since the original knob was too small.Yes indeedy, nothing like vectors and gradients to achieve the desired effect.

I will also add that this is one of my favorite and most-used plugins. Highly recommended to those who haven't tried it yet.

yo dubs!

ugh how embarrasing... here i am thinking my icon is pretty cool and in actual fact i already had the 'ace' version, i had just forgotten i had it.... wonder where the "subconscious" inspiration came from :P

i recently purchased the microtonic, and i'm already addicted. what an excellent instrument. ultimate control and excellent sound !

• 2 weeks later...
hi ace, if you have some time left... how about some for those rather nice and often used, i believe not just from me... freebee plugs like daHornet, cheese machine, superfazer, and other free stuff, i would say the crystal as well, but they have already a nice png avialible at there web-site. thanks.

hi ace, if you have some time left... how about some for those rather nice and often used, i believe not just from me... freebee plugs like daHornet, cheese machine, superfazer, and other free stuff, i would say the crystal as well, but they have already a nice png avialible at there web-site. thanks.

Sure.

Send me a list of the links to the software you want and I'll hookitup

hi ace, you are simply great. THANK YOU SOOOO... MUCH!!

here is a link all the instruments are on this site. http://apulsoft.ch/freeports/index.php

you will see them straight away as soon as you are on the website.

icons for the chip32, daHornet, Ticky Clav, superphaser, cheese machine and cyanide2 would be nice. the cheese machine is also avialable in a second so called metal skin,

which is the one i use, i think it looks cooler :) the link to the metal skin does not work propperly, you have to right click on the link and then choose download from there, that will work.

and by the way they are all quiet nice synths / efx for being freebies. i especially like the superphaser, cyanide2, da Hornet and the cheese machine.

and thanks a lot again!!!

I'll probably post this at LogicProFiles as well, but I really hope they redesign their site soon. The eyes burn after being there for more than five minutes.

Propellerhead provides EPS files of their programs' logos for press purposes. This is the Reason logo, rendered for scalable 128x128 @ 72 dpi.

I use it for my Reason imports in Logic. It could also be used as a more visible ReWire icon.

299Reason.png.fab8250b339feef66af3288260ac40c9.png

Reason icon made from Propellerhead EPS press kit files.