(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Seen this http://t.co/mCfBGo8MDY pop up and it will be on sale from the 20/6, so im guessing LogicX will be announced at the Apple 2013 WWDC ?

If so happy days :)

From my experience new versions of Logic have never been announced at any Apple event.

When it's ready it will magically appear.

8)

But what's the chance of that being a new habit? It would be so rad if they began to release a new version at each WWDC.

But what's the chance of that being a new habit?

At WWC?

Zero. It's totally the wrong format and target audience - it's a developers conference, the *whole point* being about developers, what's in the pipeline for them to react to and embrace to make better Mac and IOS products. Apple do not confuse their message by trying to send a whole bunch of different messages to different people in one event or advertising campaign.

If Apple wanted to do "event" releases for their Pro audio and video software, then they'd either have to invent a "Pro Users Conference" for those things, or attend existing pro audio and video conferences. It's too small a market to bother with the former, and they "kind of" do the latter occasionally when it suits them - particularly for Final Cut.

In short, the way it's most likely to happen is *exactly* the same way Logic 8 and Logic 9 dropped - nothing nothing nothing until one magical day, when the website is updated with a major new version, and then the forums kick off with the usual "OMG! This is awesome!" and "OMG Apple have totally lost the plot and I've gone to DAW X" forum posts, together with a few more useful threads actually discussing the new features and workflow in order to work out how to best take advantage of them...

...same as it ever was, really...

Would Apple show Logic X on a developers conference? Not sure..

No, they never have before, and it would be a completely mixed message to the wrong audience. Not going to happen.

The picture look like waves. Radio waves, iRadio...

Most likely radio themed, given the deals which are supposedly being done with the majors at the moment, if you believe the rumours...

WWDC is going to be about 10.9 and iOS7, and the cool ways in which those things can enrich casual punters lives'...

Please god let them have done a plugin re-organisation feature and let me organise my plugin menus how I want... please please please guys... it's getting desperate here... (well, almost!) :)

Not +1 but +1.000.000.000...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease Apple let people organize their plugins based on category!!!! I want to be able to view all my EQs together, my reverbs together etc. etc. It is very difficult to remember which plugin manufacturer has EQs... It is really a headache...

Please god let them have done a plugin re-organisation feature and let me organise my plugin menus how I want... please please please guys... it's getting desperate here... (well, almost!) :)

Not +1 but +1.000.000.000...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease Apple let people organize their plugins based on category!!!! I want to be able to view all my EQs together, my reverbs together etc. etc. It is very difficult to remember which plugin manufacturer has EQs... It is really a headache...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69215&p=497660#p497660

*sigh*

It's a recurring dream...

Don't you see the connection? Logic X will come out after the new Mac Pros and certain power-hungry features will only be possible with one of those. Get it?

Yes for the last 4 years I've been connecting all the dots and see that Apple really does not care less than 2 little brown poopies about Logic. All the conneced dots I see says that Apple's core business is so far removed from any serious concerns about Logic which only earns Apple a couple a pennies a year compared to the zillions of dollars they make from their core business products. If and when they do release a Logic Pro X, I'm willing to bet that its improvements will barely, if at all, match the advances seen in Cubase 7 and DP8. If Logic Pro X does arrive for public release some day, my guess is that it will like be full of superficial improvements like customizable skins and lots of loops or samples to play with. But I doubt if we'll see any earth shattering advances in the audio englne, midi engine, ESP24, Melodyne like pitch correction, etc.

And if you''re correct that Logic Pro X will be useable only to those who buy a new Macbook Pro....in my opinion that will be a bad stiff royal shaft middle finger give by Apple to 1000s of Logic Pro users who can not afford to buy a Macbook pro!

If and when they do release a Logic Pro X, I'm willing to bet that its improvements will barely, if at all, match the advances seen in Cubase 7 and DP8. If Logic Pro X does arrive for public release some day, my guess is that it will like be full of superficial improvements like customizable skins and lots of loops or samples to play with. But I doubt if we'll see any earth shattering advances in the audio englne, midi engine, ESP24, Melodyne like pitch correction, etc.

And if you''re correct that Logic Pro X will be useable only to those who buy a new Macbook Pro....in my opinion that will be a bad stiff royal shaft middle finger give by Apple to 1000s of Logic Pro users who can not afford to buy a Macbook pro!

Well, then why don't you switch over to those "great" programs like Cubase 7 and DP8 and give them your money?

I have all the features I need in Logic and 3rd party plugs. And I'm not a hobbyist.