Logic Pro 9.1.6 released

How about for those of us that paid the original retail price. Are we going to get a discount on X? Our app just went below half of what we paid...

No, it doesn't work like that.

There are those of us here that paid full 1990's prices for Logic, plus plugins and updates along the way. Doesn't mean we are owed anything other than what we bought at the time...

Besides, the new AppStore price is essentially the same as the old upgrade prices for Logic Pro anyway, so it all works out the same - just a cheaper entry point for new users...

We are talking version 9 of the software there hasn't been any changes other than Sountrack Pro and Wave burner not being there any more. Not comparing Logic 6 to logic 9...

Thanks for the clear concise answer David and jtees.

update like you would any other Logic update via Software Update

Thanks, though I never use software update; I'm quite allergic to it. That said, the update can be downloaded directly without having to use software update. (This is the same link that David posted at the beginning of this thread).

Wow they updated that page then, a few minutes ago it was still a 9.1.5 download. Thanks for pointing that out ski!!

NP!

When I first went there (maybe about 10 minutes ago), it said 9.1.5 on the webpage, but clicking the d/l link started a 9.1.6 download onto my system. But yeah, now they've gotten caught up and it says 9.1.6 on the webpage itself.

When I first went there (maybe about 10 minutes ago), it said 9.1.5 on the webpage, but clicking the d/l link started a 9.1.6 download onto my system. But yeah, now they've gotten caught up and it says 9.1.6 on the webpage itself.

I actually wish Apple would continue offering all the individual sub-versions available for download rather than updating that page... :( Ah I better stop whining or Shivermetimbers is going to scold me again. :shock:

Excuse my ignorance but what is "multiple cores" in audio bouncing?

And what is FCPX?

In all earlier versions, only one processor core would be used for bouncing audio in Logic. Now all the folks with multiple cores (which is almost everyone now) can take advantage of their processing power when bouncing - it'll happen faster.

FCPX = Final Cut Pro X

I actually wish Apple would continue offering all the individual sub-versions available for download rather than updating that page... :( Ah I better stop whining or Shivermetimbers is going to scold me again. :shock:

I was going to leave you alone, but inquiring minds have to know ...

How are you supposed to write a book about the next version of Logic if you are out of date. I mean - YOU of all people. :lol:

Nope, you have to just learn to let go and say goodbye to books. Apple has deemed them irrelevant, as they have optical media, Logic 9.1.5 link availability, Soundtrack Pro, desktop model computers, and the need for full-quality music downloads (well, at least that a few of those aren't based solely in rumor). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes...

book.jpg.38b8b66014c6a4dc2866e63dc7256a63.jpg

How are you supposed to write a book about the next version of Logic if you are out of date. I mean - YOU of all people. :lol:

I'm supposed to write a book? :shock: Wow I better get back to it then!!!

I hope it will be a downloadable App so everyone can read it on their iPads. While you are busy writing, I will be baking a bunch of analog tapes.

Nope, you have to just learn to let go and say goodbye to books. Apple has deemed them irrelevant, as they have optical media, Logic 9.1.5 link availability, Soundtrack Pro, desktop model computers, and the need for full-quality music downloads (well, at least that a few of those aren't based solely in rumor). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes...

ROTFMLAO. :lol: :lol:

Oh s#!+! That explains waveburner. No one wants CDs anymore.

Everything is being downgraded. Even Ski has been downgraded to a Site Contributor. :cry:

Edited by shivermetimbers

Looks like the content only reads what is on the system drive? I have my Apple Loops on another drive and I get "incomplete".

Same here.

In my case, most of the Jam Packs don't have anything indicated under Status. When I Select All Uninstalled, the Instruments are grayed out, but Loops are checked.

Interesting, but no need to mess with this at this time.

9.1.6 :D 8) :D

My early impressions were that 9.1.6 would be available in the Mac App Store only, then I realized it's in software update, and finally they made it available as a download. Finally I can upgrade! :D

OOps, spoke too soon. :(

It looks like I can't either as I'm stuck at 10.6.7 due to my apogee symphony 32 not working in any newer os. That's a drag. Anyone have any luck installing it anyway?

Nice update but this means that Logic 10 is at least 6 months off. At least.

That's okay. By then the computers will have changed a few times and more things will be Thunderbolt compatible.

Was just discussing that today.

I'm happy to know that Apple is still chugging away at Logic. Lots of nice fixes in this update. Hope that points to a chunky update when we get to 10.

6 months away... I thinks we'll see LP10 in january 2012 just before .../ NAMM, Musikmesse, iworld... lots of FaceTime for the new version

This is an interesting move by Apple and the Logic team. $199 full app.

Maybe I read too much into these things.. but I would suspect

1. good move putting a tried and proven L9 version on the app store. Maybe get some unhappy PT users on the rebound - hell they can buy L9 for less than what PT is charging many to upgrade. kind of wet their appetite so to speak. Lots of PT Users on the fence -right now - this may just be the move to get them in house.

but just to share... this was immediately posted and tweeted .. on one of the most popular PTusers forums:

Bananas Are Cheap Too But You Won’t Find Many Studios Recording With Them

Tonight Apple announced a huge price reduction of Logic Pro, possibly in anticipation of a new X coming some time soon; the rumours suggest it will arrive.

Logic at $199 is a tempting proposition and some are already asking if it’s worth thinking about switching from Pro Tools to Logic now.

Well if it’s just about price, then take my advice and get REAPER, if not that then Studio One. In fact if you’re not going to use Pro Tools then get anything you like, but don’t just leap into bed with Apple because they just made Logic cheaper - if you are really desperate to get a copy of Logic there are plenty of FREE copies lurking in dark places on the web.

However, take a trip around 90% of top recording studios and post houses and they will be using Pro Tools, you might not like that, but it’s a fact. So if you just want to work in isolation, as is the case for most Final Cut X owners these days, then choosing an industry standard product is not important.

I’d rather stick with Pro Tools, at least I now I know I’m in good company.