Logic Pro 9.1.6 released

Logic Pro 9 only costs £139 in the App Store :shock:

Yep, I mentioned this in my post above.

I remember when Space Designer *alone* was something like £450...

I was interested to hear about "Reliably initialises MIDI ports.." - I'm hoping that this fixes Logic's reshuffling of how it refers to MIDI ports as they come and go on your system - ie, if you remove a device with MIDI ports, and you had controller assignments mapped to particular ports, they still correctlly get mapped to the correct ports, even though the order has changed... in other words, let's hope it remembers MIDI ports by name, not by the order in a changing list of MIDI ports...

I used to have problems in LP8 when switching my controllers off during a session, but never since upgrading to LP9. All my assignments seem to work in every situation.

Fwiw...

Some comments, though we've done this dance before...

You still can't use MIDI out plugins,

Yep, which would be useful for the 4% of available plugins that use the feature.

It's not only about MIDI out plugins. This is strongly connected to the environment and certain objects, such as arpeggiators and the likes.

As an example: In Cubase (even if it supports them), you may not even need MIDI out plugins, simply because certain useful things such as arpeggiators, chord memorizers and such are all there already. To get that functionality into sequencers which don't have any of these on their own, you need support for MIDI-out plugins.

Fwiw #2: I don't think the "new" time stretching is even remotely on par with what the competition has on offer.

Fwiw #3: Thanks CCTMusic for that information. But then: Have you actually tried it? I'm mainly wondering about authorisation...

- Sascha

Fwiw #3: Thanks CCTMusic for that information. But then: Have you actually tried it? I'm mainly wondering about authorisation...

Hi

I am only in a position to (quickly) check:

I have just copied (albeit previously authorised via my MacPro) Mainstage 2.2 to my MBP, and then run the new app on the laptop minus an internet connection.

Worked fine.

CCT

Ever downloaded the so-called PDF's? They are searchable just fine. All the cool kids are doing it.

All the cool english and american kids may do so.

As I have Logic switched to german, english manuals aren't of too much help. And there's no german PDFs available.

- Sascha

Hmmm... Strange...so I understand deutch now?? No wait....you write in english!?!!

Perhaps the only problem being that Blink doesn't know me, either.

- SF

This is true Sascha and I try not to judge or make rash judgement if and when I do. That being said I appreciate your postings and welcome your opinion. Though I may not alway agree with what you have to say I like to take into account everything you have to say so that I may be open to learning new things. Out of curiosity and since it does seem that you are throughly frustrated with Logic how come you don't migrate to a different software?

Cheers,

Ken

• Resolves an issue in which moving an audio region where the anchor had been set caused the anchor to reset to the beginning of the region if the project contained take folders.

Hallef*ckinlujah! Praise the Christmas Gods. That bug was an epic fail. Only had to wait five months for a fix. If nothing major for me is broken in 9.1.6 (and unless Logic X can do my laundry) I'm never updating again. Sick of playing the stupid update/upgrade game with developers.

FWIW My little contribution to the 'need to be online' discussion:

I clicked on iTunes help the other day and got this friendly little message:

"iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn't connected to the Internet."

WTF!!?

Apple seems to think that everyone around the world is blessed with an internet connection and wants to be connected 24hrs a day. If they could give us 'shell' computers and force us to do everything on a cloud system so they'd have complete control and monitor our every move they would. Sadly this is where it's heading. The only thing stopping it now is the technological limits of using an app like Logic online.

FWIW My little contribution to the 'need to be online' discussion:

I clicked on iTunes help the other day and got this friendly little message:

"iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn't connected to the Internet."

WTF!!?

Apple seems to think that everyone around the world is blessed with an internet connection and wants to be connected 24hrs a day. If they could give us 'shell' computers and force us to do everything on a cloud system so they'd have complete control and monitor our every move they would. Sadly this is where it's heading. The only thing stopping it now is the technological limits of using an app like Logic online.

Yeah this is what were gonna see more in the future. I think apple thinks "anyone who is civilized enough to have a mac is civilized enough to have internet connection", and just ignore the (in their minds)few people who are not 100% online.

I also think internet connection is gonna be mandatory for running apps in the future as you´re not anymore is gonna buy an expensive software with a dongle, but things are going to shift more towards subscription business models where you "rent" software for a specified time, and this would require that you are online in order for the app to check your licence.

does anyone has managed to make it run on 10.5.8 ?

i cannot upgrade because of pro-tools but i want to use newer logic!!

i've tried changing minum required system into plist with no luck... any clue ?

From the original post in this thread:

Apple releases Logic Pro 9.1.6

This update requires Mac OS 10.6.8 or later.

:wink:

Apple removed the ProTools code with Logic 9.1.6, because - as you already noticed - ProTools support was canceled by Avis with 10.6.0. That time has passed...

Apple removed the ProTools code with Logic 9.1.6, because - as you already noticed - ProTools support was canceled by Avis with 10.6.0. That time has passed...

yeah i saw that but i'm not using dae/esb since 2 years i go out from logic with 3 adats and go into pro-tools, i keep both opened at the same time, so i don't care if they have dropped dae/esb support.

and yes David i saw that it requires 10.6.8, i was trying to hack that and use it on 10.5.8, i can launch it but then i get midi timeout errors and the mixer is messed up, too bad, i don't want to lose 1 month to updrate to 10.6 !! i'll stick with 9.1.5 for now

i've been gone from the forum for a few years, but downloaded the new version yesterday from the app store, so now I'm back.

it installed, popped open, and was working like beautiful magic immediately.

I was pushed in to finally upgrading from 7 as i bought a new machine that shipped with Lion, and couldn't figure out how to get 7 running on it. now I'm glad I couldn't. so pretty! :D

anyway, glad to see the forum is still here, as i'll be looking forward to a whole new set of logic mysteries.

Switched to Mac+Logic Express in November last year. I couldn't justify the expense for the big box, since I didn't need most of that stuff, but I always wished I could get Pro alone, with the extra plug-ins.

Kudos to Apple for making that possible. Even if there was no upgrade path, I've upgraded this morning. A gift from my wife. I also bought MainStage, figuring that for $30, I couldn't go wrong.

Plus, I travel all the time, so it's nice to be able to access all the content directly instead of carrying DVD everywhere.

One more reason for me to be glad I made the switch.

any chance of logic 10 coming out?

Cubase and Pro Tools already left us in the dust, come on apple, do something

Hmmmmm........I too would love to see a Logic X but I'd still take the Logic version I have over the lateest Pro Tools or Cubase releases. I'd hate to be a slave to Avid.

Hi Matrixx,

I think it's more of a OSX Lion thing than Logic thing. I'm on 10.6.8 and the AUPitch plugin is old school blue faders on a white interface. Some have been updated in recent OSX versions, but not all. Now, i see Apple have updated some more with Lion.

Blink

Yeah, absolutely, it's a Lion thing, but hadn't noticed them until just now.

• 1 year later...
Since the current version of Logic is 9, I'd say there's a very good chance that Logic 10 will come out... as much chance as the next time you post something, your posts count will also come to 10, SkiStudios.

Blink

that's great !!!

Edited by hemat