Logic Pro 9.1.6 released

Before installing the update:

In the Finder, right-click Logic Pro and select Duplicate.

This will make a copy named Logic Pro copy.

Rename it to Logic Pro 9.1.5 or anything...you might prefer "ski's SEXY Logic"...or just leave it as is.

This is what I did, except for the SEXY thing, no neg-infer to ski :wink:

Everything is okey-dokey here! :D Sad to hear a few are having bad experience, hope that all gets ferreted out!

Very happy to have another upgrade 8) Logic Pro 9 Rocks!

Are you still on Leopard?

Yup. No 9.1.6 for me. :(

I'm also on 10.5.8.

Just updated to L9 from L7 a couple months ago.

Haven't installed it yet 'cuz I need to clear lots of disk space.

So the question is:

Where can I get the last L9 update that will run on 10.5.8?

(I expect the DVD will be L9.0)

Looks like the only update on the apple site is the most current.

I'd think as a paying customer, I'd be entitled to a so called "legacy version".

Any help about this?

Thanks,

KenK

KenK,

If you install Logic 9 on a Leopard system, I believe the last applicable update for Logic and Leopard, will show up under Software Updates as normal.

One of my clients informed me of this but I cannot confirm it myself as I am already using Lion and Snow Leopard here

However, this would seem the logical (sic) way Apple would do it..

KenK,

If you install Logic 9 on a Leopard system, I believe the last applicable update for Logic and Leopard, will show up under Software Updates as normal.

One of my clients informed me of this but I cannot confirm it myself as I am already using Lion and Snow Leopard here

However, this would seem the logical (sic) way Apple would do it..

Hi Nigel-

That makes sense.

My hope is that I haven't lost my chance to get the last available version

that runs on my system. Guess I better do the install soon.

In my experience, once apple stops supporting something,

they really stop supporting it.

Thanks for your answer.

Ken

KenK,

I'm typing this from an iMac with 10.5.8 and Logic 9.0.2 (not my main machine). Software Update stopped showing any Logic Pro update at all the day Logic Pro 9.1.6 was released. The Logic Pro 9.1.5 download is no longer available on Apple's site.

I can't see any easy way to upgrade this machine other than upgrading the OS first.

I'm typing this from an iMac with 10.5.8 and Logic 9.0.2 (not my main machine). Software Update stopped showing any Logic Pro update at all the day Logic Pro 9.1.6 was released. The Logic Pro 9.1.5 download is no longer available on Apple's site.

I can't see any easy way to upgrade this machine other than upgrading the OS first.

Hi David-

That's more what I expected from Apple.

I have an iMac8,1. (maybe 3-4 years old~ 2007 or '08 )

I guess that will run 10.6, but I'm kind of a "If it aint broke, don't fix it type."

I'm still using L7 even though I bought L9! :lol:

Do you (or anyone here) know the update that will run on a 10.5.8 sys?

And of course does anyone have an old dmg file ?

Thanks-

KenK

David,

So Software Updates is no longer showing the ability to update to 9.1.5 on a Leopard system?

If that's the case, I wonder how my client managed to update his system yesterday... via Software Updates.. Maybe he did it prior to Apple removing it from the Software Updates list....

I wonder why Apple did this? Makes no sense to me given they removed the update from the website too.

David,

So Software Updates is no longer showing the ability to update to 9.1.5 on a Leopard system?

If that's the case, I wonder how my client managed to update his system yesterday... via Software Updates.. Maybe he did it prior to Apple removing it from the Software Updates list....

I wonder why Apple did this? Makes no sense to me given they removed the update from the website too.

Hi Nigel~

I've been using Logic since 2.5.4.

And a Mac user just as long.

This is their Standard Operating Procedure.

They habitually cut "legacy" users out.

I'm not at all surprised and expected exactly this when I noticed the 9.1.6

update requires OS 10.6

Anyone have the dmg for Logic 9.1.5? :(

Ken

KenK,

Yes.. I've seen that pattern too but normally they cut them out by not providing an update to whatever the latest and greatest OS version is out.... but I honestly cannot recall them removing earlier updates from Software Update or their website for a specific earlier OS version...

I'll take your word they have done so in the past, but I don't remember it happening in the way they have done it this time around.

David,

Correct. This happened on two machines, one with 9.0.2, another with 9.1.0.

Maybe to push people to upgrade to 9.1.6, thus to Snow or Lion...? Either case it's quite frustrating.

Either case it's quite frustrating.

Unbelievably so!

I have already had 2 separate clients contact me with this issue this afternoon... One who wants to update now to 9.1.5 and is using Leopard (much like yourself) and one who is having issues with 9.1.6 and wants to go back...

I do have a couple of calls in with tech support to see if there is any solution but for now.. nada... No one there seems to know what the 'plan' is behind removing 9.1.5's availability... and more tellingly... no one seemed to realize it had been removed!

All I can do is tell my clients to wait or failing that... point them in the direction of google and tell them to hunt for the file named LogicPro9.1.5Update.dmg.

There are a few lurking out there... How 'safe' some of those copies will be however, is an entirely different matter.. and i am warning them about that potential issue.

Edited by n6smith

David,

Correct. This happened on two machines, one with 9.0.2, another with 9.1.0.

Maybe to push people to upgrade to 9.1.6, thus to Snow or Lion...? Either case it's quite frustrating.

When it really gets ugly is when the hardware won't support the software.

(Which motherboards won't run OS 10.6 ?)

I've experienced that in the past.

Long time ago my 1st computer had "LCD connectors".

I was naive, believed that apple would soon be making a sound card that I could use. Never happened.

Over the years I've been "coerced" into buying 2 computers I probably wouldn't have were it not for stuff like that.

Not gonna go there again.

I love Logic, but Apple lost me as a fan a long time ago.

This is just another item in a long list.

Ken

And just to be off topic for a moment, is it REALLY that unreasonable that Apple sells us amazingly powerful software for an extremely cheap price as a means of encouraging us to buy their Hardware. Frankly, i was surprised when the Freeze function appeared in Logic because it enabled me personally to hang in there with an older, less powerful computer for quite a long time. Pro Tools until VERY recently made you purchase hardware and software

Anyway, off topic. Enough out of me

Correct. Although I wonder how legit sites like CNET go around it?

The big Download button says "External Download Site" on it - ie they are linking to the file from the developers servers.

They do not host the files themselves, for the same legal accountability reasons.

Tried and got the dreaded 404 :(

lately, every time i click a link to an apple document or download, i get a

'page not found' message; then i reload the page, and all is well... :?

Same here.... As you said, reload or re-click.. and the page displays correctly...

Weird huh?

It seem to start when Safari was updated recently....