Logic Pro 9.1.7 is out.

Logic Pro 9.1.7: Release notes

Logic Pro 9.1.7 is an update to Logic Pro 9 (which is part of Logic Studio 2). Logic Pro 9.1.7 is also the version of Logic Pro available for purchase on the Mac App Store.

Compatibility

• Provides compatibility with songs created with GarageBand for iOS 1.2.

Performance and Stability

• Resolves an issue in Logic Pro 9.1.6 in which projects with a large number of fades displayed “I/O Error, Result code = -36” when playback was started.

• Improves performance when using multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode with EXS24 Virtual Memory mode active.

• Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.

• Resolves an issue that could occur which caused the application to stop responding when performing Undo. This would occur after deleting a file or region in the Audio Bin.

Plug-ins and Instruments

• The Output Distortion setting for the Compressor plug-in now works as expected with the "ClassA_R" and "ClassA_U" models.

• Fixes an issue in which the Autofilter plug-in might produce clicks with certain settings.

• The "Select Zone of Last Played Key" setting now works as expected in the EXS24 editor.

• When adding Auxes as additional outputs for Multi Output Software Instruments, the additional Auxes are automatically assigned the same color and track icon as the Software Instrument.

General

• Fixes an issue in which copying a MIDI region in a project which does not start at 1 1 1 1, and in which the Transposition track is active, might result in unexpected transposition of the copied region.

• The Controls View of plug-in GUIs now fit properly on the 11-inch MacBook Air display.

• Resolves an issue in OS X 10.7.x Lion that caused the Consolidate Project command in Logic to open a backup of the project at the end of the process.

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565

Yup, cleared cache, still says 9.1.6. Anyway... what I find interesting is this one:

• Resolves an issue in Logic Pro 9.1.6 in which projects with a large number of fades displayed “I/O Error, Result code = -36” when playback was started.

Been getting that a lot on one particular project. I might dip my toes in the 9.1.7 waters to see how that flies. David, any thoughts on how I can potentially update to 9.1.7 but retain an untouched version of 9.1.5 on my system as well?

David, any thoughts on how I can potentially update to 9.1.7 but retain an untouched version of 9.1.5 on my system as well?

Not David but.....

How about making a duplicate of the Logic 9.1.x in the Applications folder, naming it something useful, and if you like, making a zip of it??

Works fine for me

CCT

No mention about this one 9.1.6 and Spinning Beach Ball - More Info? :evil:

Guess I should try and see...

J.

Let's hope it's a related issue in terms of how Logic uses the internet at startup:

• Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.

"Several issues"...hmmm, I guess it could be part of that fix...hopefully :)

Cheers, triplets!

J.

Nice.

Just ran a couple of project and seems fine. And they fixed the resize/stretch bug in 64bit mode under lion:)

J

gotta try that tomorrow. thank god! every time i'd do a stretch, i'd close logic, reopen 32bit THEN do it. ugh.

and that "i/o error"...shudder. glad that's fixed too...

Logic Pro 9.1.7: Release notes

General

• Fixes an issue in which copying a MIDI region in a project which does not start at 1 1 1 1, and in which the Transposition track is active, might result in unexpected transposition of the copied region.

Wow, I thought I was hitting a wrong key on the keyboard or something. I was going crazy. Come to find out it was really a bug and not user error.

In my music degree program, we are taught Logic, and for this one assignment we were being taught about the Transposition track.

I really was going crazy.

Too bad the class was 2 months ago. :(

P

I might dip my toes in the 9.1.7 waters to see how that flies.

Oh $h!t...

The Mayans were RIGHT!

ALERT: Pigs are indeed flying in North America!

THIS JUST IN: Inhabitants of Hell are ordering parkas and mittens

:shock: :lol: 8)