Logic Pro 9.1.7 is out.

Just a heads up, make sure you duplicate the logic app and rename, don't just rename as the app store updates it regardless of what you've called it. This caught me out but luckily had 9.1.6 on the second rig.

I'm gettting pops on 9.1.7, same session on 9.1.6 no problem . Haven't time to investigate today but thought i'd let peeps know.

Still getting the beach ball in 9.1.7 :cry:

J.

J...

Try changing your DNS servers to 8,8,8,8 and 8,8,4,4... (Google's Public DNS servers) Restart your computer and see if that fixes it. This fixed it for a couple of people I know.... as it seems some DNS servers still have out of date info for some of Apple's servers...

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Fingers crossed...

Still getting the beach ball in 9.1.7 :cry:

J.

J...

Try changing your DNS servers to 8,8,8,8 and 8,8,4,4... (Google's Public DNS servers) Restart your computer and see if that fixes it. This fixed it for a couple of people I know.

Thanks Nigel. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem.

as it seems some DNS servers still have out of date info for some of Apple's servers.

I was already using OpenDNS which is supposed to be the bee's knees (it actually helped me to access this website again after leaving the old one....thanks to EricBradley).

So, I guess it's back to the workarounds for me.

Thanks again.

J.

Would have liked for this update to address all of the Audio MIDI sync errors I am getting since upgrading to OS Lion. :? d

I recant, 9.1.7. has been solid today, first time in weeks that I can actually listen or record a song without dozens of sync errors.. hoping it stays this way...

Edited by logic8mine

Has anyone been able to test the unresponsiveness of logic under lion after a period of time?

???

have never had a problem in lion EXCEPT for the time stretch-crash-while-64bit thing, which seems to be fixed in 9.1.7 (just tried it, and no instant crash, as in 9.1.6).

have been working in 9.1.7 all day, and am quite happy...

Has anyone been able to test the unresponsiveness of logic under lion after a period of time?

If you use Lion you can test the update:

Make a copy of the Logic Pro app in Applications and put it on another hard drive. Don't change the name.

Do a software update for 9.1.7

If the update didn't fix it you still have the original app to copy back.

I'm thinking of upgrading from SL to Lion... is anyone using this combo in 64-bit mode? any issues?

There are issues. Some features (example: scrollbarzoom in Logic) missing. Heavier on RAM (and on CPU) than SL. Also: the need to update certain software and/or drivers (as with most OS upgrades - admittedly - but still...)

My advice: stay on Snow Leopard. It is slowly emerging to be the most stable OS for use with Logic 9. So, you can now forget about upgrading until Mountain Lion .3 or .4 - IF that turns out any better than Lion.

I'm thinking of upgrading from SL to Lion... is anyone using this combo in 64-bit mode? any issues?

There are issues. Some features (example: scrollbarzoom in Logic) missing. Heavier on RAM (and on CPU) than SL. Also: the need to update certain software and/or drivers (as with most OS upgrades - admittedly - but still...)

My advice: stay on Snow Leopard. It is slowly emerging to be the most stable OS for use with Logic 9. So, you can now forget about upgrading until Mountain Lion .3 or .4 - IF that turns out any better than Lion.

Many thanks, I have a lot of 3rd party plugs as well, so I was concerned that many of them won't work under Lion.

The only reason I need to update to Lion is because of bloody icloud! I ical wont sync with my other apple devices!

Oh well!

Hi All

I downloaded the update. When I attempt to install it I get a sign saying This version of Logic Pro must be updated from the App Store - My copy of Logic is downloaded from there.

Why?

And, where?

Thanks.

Logic 9.1.6

OS 10.7.3

iMac

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB RAM

HDD's - 1TB Internal, 1TB Firewire, 0.5TB USB

Interface: Presonus AudioBox USB, Peavey USB 6