Logic Pro 9.1.7 is out.

I don't know, I've been pretty lucky with 9.1.7 so far. There does seem to be one bit of weirdness: the first time I open a relatively large project (for me, thats 15-20 tracks), I will get a system overload message. After that first (and only) time, everything works fine. Performance is not noticeably better or worse for me than 9.1.6.

Concerning the Logic Pro 9.1.7 upgrade. I tried to download the upgrade from the Apple Web site and it said it needed to be downloaded from the App store (where I bought it originally),

But the App store shows it as already "Installed" on my computer, however when I check my "About ... ) it reads as 9.1.6.

Any suggestions on how to be no get around it?

I just installed Lion. I'm having a hard time finding the Logic update. When I went to the Apple site and navigated to the update page: http://www.apple.com/logicpro/download/

and clicked download, it downloaded iTunes instead of Logic.

I can't run Logic at all because I get a message saying: "You can't use this version of the application Logic Pro with this version of Mac OS X. You have Logic Pro 9.1.1"

Does this mean I have to buy the new version?

TIA

This update has been nothing been a complete disaster. 9.1.6 was running fine. All plugins solid. Now, if all I have is one audio track on new empty template. The cpu meter spikes continually. I threw out all my preferences, disabled all third party plugins. Still the same thing. I am going to try disabling the 32-bit bridge and see if that helps. I hope Apple remedies this soon.

cpu meter spikes

I had this problem, on my 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo setup (haven't seen it on my i7), with a "working draft" project yesterday (cpu meter maxing out), changed I/O Buffer Size to 1024, cpu meters dropped; I was then able to lower Buffer samples back down, and cpu metering stayed within a reasonable range :? :?:

Okay i had a nice 6 hour session on last saturday. Around 100 track of audio and 150 instances of plugins. Everything was smooth, at one point i ran out of memory (only have 6gb), but no clue why, since it was mixing session with only audio tracks. Later on that day when i re-launched project i got some core overloads, but after while project played through without problems. So, pretty smooth here :).

Anyone else seeing delay compensation issues?

Drumagog and MAutoVolume are causing some serious delays. I have to bounce my tracks and align by hand.

Also, I'm surprised Apple no longer has links for downloading previous releases. Support page only has latest and 9.1.

Any one has a link to 9.1.6?

Have seen this on Melda stuff when using oversampling. Dunno but it´s the same when I open it with 9.1.6.. Also sudden latency problems with plogue bidule AU.

Not sure why there is a problem with 9.1.6 that used to work. Can some settings be stored from 9.1.7 although I open 9.1.6 maybe?

Edit: the Melda latency goes away if disabling "high quality upsampling" in settings..so there is something going on with the latency reporting between Melda and Logic.

Just my 2cents on the CPU issues. Have been mixing in 9.1.7 without too many issues however yesterday I began programming on a new project with several soft synths open and the CPU was having massive spikes. Opened the same project in 9.1.6 and CPU spikes we gone and all was happy. I work almost exclusively in 64 bit mode so both of these experiences were in that mode. From what I'm reading this may be more of an issue in 64 bit than 32 bit. For me it's back to 9.1.6 until this is worked out. Too many people experiencing similar issues for it to be just my setup. :?

since 9.1.7 udate Logic have been hanging when choose file - > New

I did trash prefs and try it with disable all the plugins. Nothing helps.

pls can somebody help me I'am stucked! :(

Is there a solution for this?

Mac os 10.6.8

Edited by hennyw

I have discovered that on my MacBook Pro running Lion 10.7.3, Logic 9.1.7 is much happier than 9.1.6. Was assuming that since I had to revert back to 9.1.6 on my desktop running 10.6.8 that I would have the same experience on my Laptop. Not so. Omnisphere was really pushing my cpu trying to run 9.1.6 on Lion. Opening up the buffers helped but it was still much more of a drain than it had ever been. When I opened up 9.1.7 things seemed back to normal. Interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
I seem to have resolved my 9.1.7 issue. Before Apple addressed the malware posing as an Adobe update, I had clicked the "Update" button for what was supposed to be a Flash player update, but instead: a world of hurt and three weeks of troubleshooting. Lucky for me, I live and work with a savvy techgenius, and he was able to spot the nasty bit of code, wreaking havoc but not completely malicious. However the damn thing was trying to take over my camera! Anyway, after disposing of said malware, Logic 9.1.7. running okay, small CPU spikes in one core but nothing I couldn't negotiate. I decided to RotoRooter my MacBook and wiped the OS and reinstalled. Time-consuming but didn't take the three weeks of OSpurgatory.

• 2 weeks later...

Imac Quadcore i7 2.8 GH running 10.7.4

I've been having serious issues with CPU spikes since upgrading...its been driving me crazy! but I seem to have resolved it

by changing the amount of processing threads (Prefs/audio/processing threads) from auto to (in my case) 4.. if your having problems try this its working for me.

I hope this helps some people...

& I hope Apple pull their finger out and get us an update that works real soon.....