Logic Pro X 10.0.5 is out now!

Is this a screenshot of the "lighter colors pianoroll"?

If so then all apple needs to make me a happy camper is the same option for the tracks area.

Yes, that's the one! Fortunately they included this because it was the only thing I had modded and forgot to back it up before updating! :lol:

J.

I still need a bright tracks area equivalent. And if i get that i will forever shut up over the gui. Not that i don't have minor issues, but compared to the dark tracks area they are minor.

However I've encountered a snag on the road to 10.0.5 bliss.

Under "Download Additional Content" I now have an "Incomplete" status for Drum Kit.

The Producer Patches are labeled as "Outdated" but if I select to install it and click install, it sure installs, but afterwards it's still listed as Outdated. (I have tried checking everything under Drum Kit and install the whole thing but the result is the same).

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Under "Download Additional Content" I now have an "Incomplete" status for Drum Kit.

The Producer Patches are labeled as "Outdated" but if I select to install it and click install, it sure installs, but afterwards it's still listed as Outdated. (I have tried checking everything under Drum Kit and install the whole thing but the result is the same).

If you open up a drummer track and click on Rock, do you see Ian? I had to click on him there to get him to download after running the updater, but I don't know which additional content showed as incomplete before that. Worth a shot...

Dave

I was having the same problem. Someone mentioned a few posts back that it was solved for him by restarting. That didn't do it for me. What did it for me was to delete the "z01 Producer Kits" in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/Instrument/Drum Kit/, then download the content again. After that I restarted and the "Outdated" business disappeared.

I checked that location and it now contains things that weren't there before:

1931611962_ScreenShot2013-12-19at18_56_33.png.2566cccc48faa22b63d1b2390baec0be.png

654679732_ScreenShot2013-12-19at18_57_03.png.ef2c4a2a17d3b8de6f2c773891cf10ad.png

Hope that helps.

J.

If you open up a drummer track and click on Rock, do you see Ian? I had to click on him there to get him to download after running the updater, but I don't know which additional content showed as incomplete before that. Worth a shot...

Yep, Ian is there but it still says "Incomplete" and "Outdated".

I was having the same problem. Someone mentioned a few posts back that it was solved for him by restarting. That didn't do it for me. What did it for me was to delete the "z01 Producer Kits" in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/Instrument/Drum Kit/, then download the content again. After that I restarted and the "Outdated" business disappeared.

Thanks Jordi, that did the trick! :-)

Aswink: I think this would work for you as well!

Thanks Jordi, that did the trick! :-)

Aswink: I think this would work for you as well!

Great! :)

J.

If you use Logic in a professional setting you may want to wait before updating. I accidentally did "update all" in the app store and now I am dead in the water with projects in progress and deadlines that will not be met now.

I have the following issue:

When recording audio in replace mode, Logic does not record the first 2.5 measures (in 4/4). At the 2:3 mark it sounds like the track is punched in. When you re-record a section (haven't tried auto-punch, just hitting record), it acts normal during recording, even showing the live waveforms, including the first 2.5 measures. When played back, the OLD take is played and if it was shorter than the new take, the new one picks up after the old one is done. (again sounding like it was punched in.) The resulting track is *one single region* with seemingly no way to see the old or new takes individually. The color of the track is also off, with the light portion at the top of a selected region abruptly ending and starting again later. And not at the point where recording of various takes started or stopped. It's arbitrary.

Just giving you a heads up so hopefully you're not screwed over too.

The new producer presets are pretty awesome to my ears.

One thought though:

- If I select the main/summing channel and select a new producer preset through the library browser a new preset with a new drum bank and separately processed channels are loaded.

- If I select the main/summing channel and select the same preset through the channel strip setting - only the selected channel strip changes, which in effect means that all sounds stay the same. It's only the "summing bus fx" for the producer preset that is changed. I guess there is some logic to this since it's called a channel strip setting. I suppose that makes it possible to add your own preferred summing channel settings. It might however be useful to know that they work differently. (But I guess you guys probably knew this before).

Edited by Muuseec

If you use Logic in a professional setting you may want to wait before updating. I accidentally did "update all" in the app store and now I am dead in the water with projects in progress and deadlines that will not be met now.

When recording audio in replace mode, Logic does not record the first 2.5 measures (in 4/4). At the 2:3 mark it sounds like the track is punched in. When you re-record a section (haven't tried auto-punch, just hitting record), it acts normal during recording, even showing the live waveforms, including the first 2.5 measures. When played back, the OLD take is played and if it was shorter than the new take, the new one picks up after the old one is done. (again sounding like it was punched in.) The resulting track is *one single region* with seemingly no way to see the old or new takes individually. The color of the track is also off, with the light portion at the top of a selected region abruptly ending and starting again later. And not at the point where recording of various takes started or stopped. It's arbitrary.

AW THAT*S BAD. I record in replace mode all the time as i hate the take folders.

AW THAT*S BAD. I record in replace mode all the time as i hate the take folders.

Same here Kim! I'm now franticly trying to figure out if other modes are busted too or if I can try a different workflow to make it work for now. :?

Seems to work here? I use replace all the time....just recorded vocals for half an hour in replace mode and it worked?

Have you tried adjusting the recording count-in or pre-roll?

Seems to work here? I use replace all the time....just recorded vocals for half an hour in replace mode and it worked?

That is at least somewhat promising to hear. Perhaps related to Core Audio or similar. Is it a new project, or existing? Mine is a new project, attempting to lay down reference tracks and this is happening. I need to do a backup before I try it on an existing project!