Logic Pro X 10.0.5 is out now!

I was having the same problem. Someone mentioned a few posts back that it was solved for him by restarting. That didn't do it for me. What did it for me was to delete the "z01 Producer Kits" in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/Instrument/Drum Kit/, then download the content again. After that I restarted and the "Outdated" business disappeared.

I felt the need to join up to say thanks to Jordi for sorting this problem. I'd been tearing my hair out over this one. :D

I was having the same problem. Someone mentioned a few posts back that it was solved for him by restarting. That didn't do it for me. What did it for me was to delete the "z01 Producer Kits" in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/Instrument/Drum Kit/, then download the content again. After that I restarted and the "Outdated" business disappeared.

I felt the need to join up to say thanks to Jordi for sorting this problem. I'd been tearing my hair out over this one. :D

Glad that solved it for you too, Alex! :D

J.

Hey this is really, really cool:

"The waveform size in an audio region now adapts to the value of the region gain parameter."

Agreed 1000%, I'm very excited about that one! A good start to a "dynamic waveform". I wish we'll also one day get what crossfades look like and anything else, too, like level automation (fades), compression, EQ, anything really.

THIS is an update, I mean, it got my eyes crossed trying to read all the fixes thru!

Is it me or the note colors per velocity have been changed/adjusted in the Piano Roll? Somehow I don't feel nauseous when looking at them :mrgreen:

J.

they look more pastel-like and lighter now. I liked them better before. No doubt changed due to the new brighter piano roll option.

lol

Is it me or the note colors per velocity have been changed/adjusted in the Piano Roll? Somehow I don't feel nauseous when looking at them :mrgreen:

J.

they look more pastel-like and lighter now. I liked them better before. No doubt changed due to the new brighter piano roll option.

lol

They definitely make more sense to me now:

1902618543_ScreenShot2013-12-20at00_22_52.png.92907fbd1bf3bc0429168fc7c7573051.png

...I wonder why...

2099244856_ScreenShot2013-12-20at00_30_22.png.9e55b719ae6b7ad4055284e7da79babc.png

J.

I had to make 3 goes of installing "all" additional content before Logic no longer wanted more. This included rebooting in between.

I have not seen the following listed yet, so in case anyone is interested and especially if anyone has something different ---

New or update content pkg files (unfortunately old names)

ProAudioCoreContent10.pkg (smaller?)

MAContent10_InstrumentsBass.pkg (larger)

MAContent10_InstrumentsGuitar.pkg (larger)

MAContent10_ProducerPatches.pkg (larger)

MAContent10_StereoDrumKitsRnB.pkg (larger)

MAContent10_StereoDrumKitsRock.pkg (larger, slightly)

MAContent10_StereoDrumKitsRockB.pkg (new)

MAContent10_StereoDrumKitsSongwriter.pkg (larger)

Changes visible in Logic Library Window

New Drummer Categories - none (e.g. no Jazz)

New Drummers

Rock ian (defaults to Manchester)

Songwriter Parker (defaults to Liverpool)

R&B Benny (defaults to Motown Revisited)

New Drum Kit Designer Kits (Stereo)

Liverpool

Manchester

Motown Revisited

New Drum Kit Designer Kits (Producer)

8-Bit+

Demolition+

Dirty Jungle+

Fake Machine+

French Connection+

HiFi Pop+

Liverpool+

Manchester+

Motown Revisited+

NY Garage+

Old School+

Sixties Soul+

Studio R&B+

New Bass - none (despite new pkg file)

patch files new dates

New Guitar - none (despite new pkg file)

patch files new dates

drb

Actually the horizontal and vertical alignment guides at the bottom and left edge of a region that's being moved STILL SHOW with alignment guides turned off!!!

Are you talking about the white guides? Those are not alignment guides. Alignment guides are yellow.

You are probably right. (Though i changed my white lines to black because of my modded arrange background).

So happy to see the Apple team still taking Logic seriously!

I actually sat down and read through the whole list. There are two crucial features (at least for me) buried in there.

1) "Using the Fade tool to set fade-ins on multiple regions in a set of grouped tracks now works reliably."

I never edited acoustic drums in Logic because of this. Now I can. Bye bye Pro Tools :lol:

2) "Setting a track to Flex Edit mode with the Slicing algorithm no longer processes the track with Flex if no edits have been applied."

Again this was an issue that made flex less useful than it could have been. I would always notice artifacts even if I haven't manipulated a slice, so I would end up not using it at all. Glad to see that it is fixed.

One question though: Do you think Apple is implying that only the slicing mode is fixed, or that the other modes did not have this bug in the first place?

Umut

alexff wrote:

Jordi wrote:

Glad that solved it for you too, Alex! :D

J.

Good to see a fix for this.

I restarted the Mac, Logic asked if I wanted to download small amount of content, it took seconds to download and after the apple loops reindexed everything seems ok...

Still, in the morning when I'm on the Mac, I'm going to double check to see if everything is as it should be...

Thanks Jordi...

Edit: 20/12/2013

Started Logic this morning and greeted by message to download Additional Content, was fine all day yesterday?

Applied Jordi's fix and compared install file sizes on my system with Jordi's pics. Looks the same.

Thanks again Jordi :D

Edited by DaveRobinson

@slamthecrank: AFAIK the second line is the peak hold.

Nope, the lines represent the frequency response of each channel (Left is blue, Right is pink). It also applies to Mid Only and Side Only modes, with a slight color variation.

Here's the analyzer displaying a stereo signal:

FeedBass.cst.zipScreen Shot 2013-12-19 at 12.20.57.png[/attachment]

J.

Ah! ...Absolutely brilliant; especially in Mid/Side mode. Fantastic!

I just noticed that when I select an audio track, the meters show when there's audio coming in at the selected audio-input of that track.

Without record enabling that track and no input monitoring turned on. I don't hear it, I just see it on the meters.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before. Maybe a feature?

Another new feature (maybe already mentioned): the Channel and Linear Phase EQ have a separate tab in the Smart Control window.

Yeah, that's mentioned in the release notes:

Significant enhancements to Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ plug-ins, including:

Redesigned, easier-to-use interface that's also accessible within the Smart Controls area

J.

Another new feature (maybe already mentioned): the Channel and Linear Phase EQ have a separate tab in the Smart Control window.

Yeah, that's mentioned in the release notes:

Yes, I saw that, but didn't really understand what they meant by that until I saw it :D

Don't understand why my dropbox screenshot doesn't show up though. Oh well...