Logic Pro X 10.0.5 is out now!

Great update, but one big bug still not fixed for me… please confirm:

If you have the piano roll set to open at maximum size, the keyboard doesn't line up with the grid! You can see in the screen shot here, C3 isn't aligned, and there's a big gap up the top of the keyboard. If you re-size it goes away.

Yep, still the same here too :(

Great update, but one big bug still not fixed for me… please confirm:

If you have the piano roll set to open at maximum size, the keyboard doesn't line up with the grid! You can see in the screen shot here, C3 isn't aligned, and there's a big gap up the top of the keyboard. If you re-size it goes away.

Yep, still the same here too :(

Weird, it works normal here, it's perfectly aligned...

Hello,

I've got an issue with the new Drum Kit Designer patches.

I can find the knew patches in the Library but not in the scrolling menu of the instrument. Please refer to the attached image, way more clearer than my words :D

1527709617_ScreenShot2013-12-22at14_48_02.thumb.png.2d6a3a2914afd4d203f3564fef8e1856.png

You see, the new patches Manchester, Liverpool and Motown are visible in the Library but not in the scrolling menu.

Does anybody else have this issue?

PS: this is Logic Pro X 10.0.5 on a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012

Is there any way to change the db scale of the eq? On the old one, you could click and drag, if I remember correctly. At the moment the scale is absurdly large so that small changes to db are hard to see. I would prefer it if i could change the scale to 0 to 10 db or similar.

Yes, you can still do this. On the scale either at the left or the right. Click hold right on the number zero on the scale and drag vertically.

Eli

Hello,

I've got an issue with the new Drum Kit Designer patches.

I can find the knew patches in the Library but not in the scrolling menu of the instrument.

Yup; same thing here.

Eli

Same thing here.

As far as I can tell there are missing pst-files for the new kits that should reside in: Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Drum Kit Designer.

Is there any way to change the db scale of the eq? On the old one, you could click and drag, if I remember correctly. At the moment the scale is absurdly large so that small changes to db are hard to see. I would prefer it if i could change the scale to 0 to 10 db or similar.

Yes, you can still do this. On the scale either at the left or the right. Click hold right on the number zero on the scale and drag vertically.

Eli

Brilliant! Thanks so much, Eli.

With the new "GarageBand style" AppleLoop menu on regions in the Tracks area, has anyone got this to work? I get a drop down with all the loops in the 'family', but nothing changes when selecting an alternative loop.

Seems to work fine here (although with the usual delay for the playback to update). Tried it with the "2-Step Behind Beat" and "Analog Drum Machine" blue loops.

Working fine with green loops too...and I didn't notice much of a delay when switching loops.

J.

Another new feature it seems: when you create a new empty project and make a software instrument track and you don't have a MIDI keyboard attached to your Mac, Logic opens the Musical Typing Keyboard for you automatically.

True! Seems like it's a new feature...someone already opened a thread about how to make this behavior stop!

One can make it stop by having the IAC driver enabled in Audio MIDI Setup (Applications/Utilities).

J.

Another new feature it seems: when you create a new empty project and make a software instrument track and you don't have a MIDI keyboard attached to your Mac, Logic opens the Musical Typing Keyboard for you automatically.

True! Seems like it's a new feature...someone already opened a thread about how to make this behavior stop!

One can make it stop by having the IAC driver enabled in Audio MIDI Setup (Applications/Utilities).

J.

Ah, didn't see that thread. Thanks for the tip!

It's only when the first track is a software instrument track by the way, it's not popping up if you create software instrument tracks later.

Hi

With the new "GarageBand style" AppleLoop menu on regions in the Tracks area, has anyone got this to work? I get a drop down with all the loops in the 'family', but nothing changes when selecting an alternative loop.

Seems to work fine here (although with the usual delay for the playback to update). Tried it with the "2-Step Behind Beat" and "Analog Drum Machine" blue loops.

Working fine with green loops too...and I didn't notice much of a delay when switching loops.

J.

Thanks for the info…

It seems like LPX does not like my non-standard install, with some AppleLoop libraries 'parked' elsewhere on the drive system.

No biggie

Thanks again

CCT

Eli

Eli, it's always great to see you chime in on here. You'll always be credited as the guy who made me switch to Logic. Happy Holidays!

Ok, sorry, back to topic - this very impressive update to LPX!