Logic Pro 10.0.7 is out

Maybe I'm just confused or something but does anybody else getting two playheads when having piano roll opened in main window?

It did not behave like this before the update.. :o

[attachment=0]Skärmavbild 2014-05-14 kl. 20.33.16.png[/attachment]

The one in the tracks area shouldn't cross down to the piano roll. That's probably a graphics glitch. Haven't seen it here yet.

But yeah, you should get two playheads, that's normal.

J.

Yeah exactly, its crossing down to the piano roll so its getting a bit confusing when I'm using the piano roll - then I've got two playheads in the piano roll on top of each other like in that pic. Strange that only i have that glitch...

Sorry guys if I am missing something..

I've been waiting since last night if anyone would mention about where the Environment Window is in 10.0.7.

I couldn't find where it has been moved..

Please clear my head with this if you know something I don't..

Thanks

I've been waiting since last night if anyone would mention about where the Environment Window is in 10.0.7.

I couldn't find where it has been moved..

It wasn't moved anywhere, you can still find it in the Window > Open MIDI Environment or pressing Command-0. If that doesn't work, make sure your MIDI advanced tools are selected under Logic Pro X > Preferences > Advanced Tools.

"It is now possible to install the Logic content to an alternate system drive even if the Logic application is not installed there."

Sorry guys, but this is really confusing for me. I don't have all additional content installed, and when I try downloading it, I don't get any options to choose the destination drive. Does this maybe work only for clean installs?

I agree. It's not clear. Seems like there should be a preference somewhere to set the content directories. Anyone figure this out?

I think that there's going to be a good deal of interest in what this is about. I raised the same question earlier in this thread, and also in the following thread (posts 4 and 5) in reference to remarks by David Nahmani (preceding the new release) about moving Library to an external drive: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105878

I figure that someone is going to be able to clarify this sooner rather than later.

"It is now possible to install the Logic content to an alternate system drive even if the Logic application is not installed there."

(...)

I figure that someone is going to be able to clarify this sooner rather than later.

I'm afraid that was a just a mistake on Apple's part: that entry was removed from the list on Apple's website.

(...)

I'm afraid that was a just a mistake on Apple's part: that entry was removed from the list on Apple's website.

Ahhh, thanks very much.

If you have a moment, could you have a look at the question raised in post #4 of this thread, which raises a question about your advice re putting Library on an external drive: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105878

Cheers

Too bad, but maybe that's a sign it'll be in the next update.

(Posted this in this thread also - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105878)

That's weird, I still see the note: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4498

I even opened the link using Safari which I never use, thinking it might have been a cached copy of the site.. The note is still there.

(...)

Hi David,

As far as I and others can determine, that statement continues to be in Apple's release notes. See posts #8 and #9: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105878

Release notes: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4498?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Does anyone know what this means:

loops, sounds...CONTENT. seems pretty obvious..? all the sounds etc that normally go in the Library>App Support etc folder...

I'm the person who raised that question very early in this thread.

The statement by Apple in the new Logic Pro X version 10.0.7 release notes, despite your declaration that its meaning is "obvious", is now the subject of several posts.

Next time, consider the possibility that what you consider obvious might be the result of your failure to understand the programme rather than other people's stupidity.

That's weird, I still see the note: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4498

What you see is a cached version of the page, not the live page. Apple has caching issues with those technical pages... they keep the same URL and change the content, which is poor web design. Proxy servers cache the old page and continue serving it to you, unaware that its content actually changed.

Give it a few hours/days and you'll see the updated page. Or if you want to see it right now, you can try something like http://iphider.org/ and if you're lucky you may see the current version of the page.

Interesting that if I go to http://www.apple.com/support/logicpro/ right now, I can't get release notes for anything past 10.0.6.

And if I do a search from Apple's search bar, I also get versions only up to 10.0.6.

And if I do a Google search for Apple Logic Pro X 10.0.7, I get what Google presents as 10.0.7, but what on clicking is in fact the Apple release page showing only versions 10.0.6 and earlier.

Yup. Depending on your IS, DNS, and the route taken to access the page, you may be seeing older or newer versions of the page. It's an annoying side effect of caching, a necessary evil to make websites render faster...

Just used a browser that I rarely use and, I think more importantly, used David's suggestion of IP-Hider.

With IP-Hider, I was able to get what are apparently the latest 10.0.7 release notes without difficulty, and Apple's original statement about moving Logic content to another drive was no longer part of the notes. In other words, as David has said, it appears that the statement has been deleted.

As a matter of interest for those of you who have access to a Virtual Private Network, and as a matter of personal curiosity, I tried the same thing via VPN (using both Canadian and UK connections). While I got 10.0.7 notes (which I was no longer getting from Safari), I could not get what are apparently the updated 10.0.7 notes.

The only thing that worked was IP-Hider.

I just jumped from 10.05 to 10.07. A tool that was very useful to me for vertical magnification was holding control and option and pressing up and down. Now it doesn't work. Control and Option turns my cursor into a magnifying glass but pressing up and down doesn't do anything. I can only magnify horizontally. Is their a way to still do this?

I just jumped from 10.05 to 10.07. A tool that was very useful to me for vertical magnification was holding control and option and pressing up and down. Now it doesn't work. Control and Option turns my cursor into a magnifying glass but pressing up and down doesn't do anything. I can only magnify horizontally. Is their a way to still do this?

The default key combo for vertical zoom in and out is Command-down arrow/up arrow.

Also, when I select a region and press M to mute or unmute it, it applies the mute to the whole track. How do I revert back to it muting the selected region? Thanks!

Sounds like you were using Logic 9 key commands? In Logic Pro X event and regions are muted with Control-M.

J.

I have big problems to get this upgrade. At first the big downloaded started but failed at the same point and then I read about a recommended reboot. After the reboot the first 80 MB download works and installed but then the big download fails at approximately the same point about 700 MB.

Does anybody else have this problem and succeeded to solve it?

Best regards.

OK, found a solution.

I had one of those tweaked GUI:s and that seems to cause this problem. I did a reset to the original GUI and rebooted and... Voila! It downloads about 80 MB and installs without the big download.

My only problem is that I am back to the old horrible depressing GUI.... I can't make music with this GUI. I have to go back to Live or some other DAW until it is possible with other skins again. I hate light grey on dark grey!

Best regards

OK, found a solution.

I had one of those tweaked GUI:s and that seems to cause this problem. I did a reset to the original GUI and rebooted and... Voila! It downloads about 80 MB and installs without the big download.

My only problem is that I am back to the old horrible depressing GUI.... I can't make music with this GUI. I have to go back to Live or some other DAW until it is possible with other skins again. I hate light grey on dark grey!

Best regards

sorry, but that's just sad. the 'horrible, depressing GUI"? it's THAT bad? maybe my version of LX is different. :roll:

so you're not using Logic because you hate the look? that would have kept me from years of sylenth1, other plugins...

shame to abandon a great app because of it's look.

but whatever makes you happy... 8)