Logic Pro 10.0.7 is out

Wow... the fix list is pretty large. Does anyone else notice things feeling a whole lot better when clicking and dragging in various windows. Even, cycle selection is quicker now. feels heaps better.

Prior to logic 10.0.7 the solo tool and scrubbing was unusable if Scroll in Play was turned of.

Everything feels a tad more responsive and the solo tool became my new best friend now right after the marquee tool.

anyone else having issues with it not downloading? i can't get it to download on my macbook or my imac. keeps telling me an error has occurred...

I am having the same issue and it's telling me that 10.0.7 is installed in the updates area of the app store but it's definetly not updated.

Have you figured this out?

Hi,

LpX 10.0.7 update was smooth. On with checking it out now.

Strange thing is another app in the app store (iReal Pro) is having problems updating.

Message informs me it's a problem with apple ID. Never had this issue before.

I've emailed apple to see what the problem is. Waiting on a reply.

"All MIDI Draw data created by moving track based automation to a Region now appears on the Region and in Piano Roll as expected."

this is not working for me,besides for volume and pan... the first thing i tested once the update was complete....bummer......im guessing thats why the release notes are now unavailable?

love the 7/8 not controlling the fader, but what is it using now? i don't see anything moving....

"All MIDI Draw data created by moving track based automation to a Region now appears on the Region and in Piano Roll as expected."

this is not working for me,besides for volume and pan... the first thing i tested once the update was complete....bummer......im guessing thats why the release notes are now unavailable?

Seems to be working fine here with any automation I convert from track to region.

love the 7/8 not controlling the fader, but what is it using now? i don't see anything moving....

The channel strip no longer hijacks these CC's so they can reach the plug-ins directly. So if you have a plug-in that uses CC7 and/or CC10 for control (without making assignments) you can now (finally!) use those CC's.

CC710.thumb.gif.e573ecc2520ad3ea150386c593a5cd2f.gif

J.

Seems like a lot of stuff taken care of in this update.

However, the slooooow GUI when moving events in MIDI Draw is still holding me back from going from 9 to 10, and I don't see any mention of that one fixed, so I guess I am still stuck with 9 8)

Holy crap. What an update! I like that automation alignment guides are now in the snap menu, it makes much more sense that way. I just took the LPX exam today and while I was studying I noticed that they were in the functions menu or something and thought that was weird.

I thought this one was just a problem on my end: "It is now possible to adjust sliders in the Mixer when controlling Logic via screen sharing, Apple Remote Desktop, or other VNC clients." Good to know that that's fixed.

Downloading it now.

Does someone know if there's a new preference pane somewhere to move the (already existing and new) additional content to a different hard drive?

As far as I know you still have to symlink it manually. It works fine though.

What's the update then? :D

Yeah deep folding folder stacks

[attachment=0]Deep Folding Stacks.png[/attachment]

Ok how did you do this? I can't get it to work…

I mostly work with key commands.

So select your summing stack and create a folder stack. Select the summing stack and create a folder stack again. As deep as you wish.

Once you have at least on track or summing stack inside a folder stack you can open it and manually drag one or multiple single tracks and summing stacks inside it.

It is now possible to install the Logic content to an alternate system drive even if the Logic application is not installed there.

Sorry guys, but this is really confusing for me. I don't have all additional content installed, and when I try downloading it, I don't get any options to choose the destination drive. Does this maybe work only for clean installs?

YES!! I just tried it, and MIDI draw has become 5-10 times as responsive as in 10.0.6! Thank you! One niggle though, when I first loaded a project, I could move the envelope points around, but it wasn't updated in realtime, it just jumped into place when I let go. However after fiddling around a bit with some settings, it started updating realtime - not sure why because there doesnt seem to be any specific setting for this... but I just hope it sticks:)

anyone else having issues with it not downloading? i can't get it to download on my macbook or my imac. keeps telling me an error has occurred...

Yeah I'm having this too. Just sent them this

«Tried updating around 15 times now in the App store. Size says 828 MB. It’s stopped downloading anywhere before ~700 MB and jumps to 828 MB before a dialog appears stating ‘Logic Pro X failed to download. Use the Purchases page to try again’. Afterwards it says ‘An error occurred.’ where the update button would be. I’m pretty sure it’s not my connection since I can stream something with it still happening.»

EDIT: Fixed it by restarting my machine. Update size was then 80.2 MB.

Seems to be working fine here with any automation I convert from track to region.

J.

can you see midi draw data in the piano roll? for me it dosnt show, nor can i even select the parameters that are in midi draw from any menu.....also, the parameters in midi draw are still in track automation....

It is now possible to install the Logic content to an alternate system drive even if the Logic application is not installed there.

Sorry guys, but this is really confusing for me. I don't have all additional content installed, and when I try downloading it, I don't get any options to choose the destination drive. Does this maybe work only for clean installs?

I agree. It's not clear. Seems like there should be a preference somewhere to set the content directories. Anyone figure this out?

Also, have they improved SMPTE editing (like changing start times accurately in the event list)?

Thanks!

Also, have they improved SMPTE editing (like changing start times accurately in the event list)?

Ok, answering my own question: no, they haven't, which is really frustrating. You still can't edit SMPTE positions in the event list reliably by typing in new values, which I bet means other SMPTE inaccuracies are still there.

The other fixes and improvements are great though...

Is the 10.0.7 update really only ~880k? That seems rather small.

If i remember right the update was about 100 MB.

Weird. Mine took just a few seconds to install, and I believe it said 800k. I don't have background updating turned on, either. It says 10.0.7 and the faders look like the new pictures, so hopefully it won't blow up on me.

can you see midi draw data in the piano roll? for me it dosnt show

Yes I can, no problem. Sounds like you probably need to hit the Autodefine command (Command-Y).

nor can i even select the parameters that are in midi draw from any menu.....

What you see in the MIDI draw menu depends on what parameter you're automating. The parameters on the menu are MIDI events (CC's, Pitch Bend, Channel Pressure, etc) so, if you converted some instrument's parameter track automation to MIDI Draw, you'll probably get no name for that parameter or you'll get something that doesn't have anything to do with the parameter you're actually automating (name-wise).

also, the parameters in midi draw are still in track automation....

Not sure what you mean...make sure that the region is selected before you invoke the commands that convert track automation to MIDI Draw?

J.