Yosemite is out. Consensus with Logic X?

realtwang

Same problems with the latest version of Yosemite and Logic Pro X 10.1 (the latest big update). I gave it a second try installing both on my iMac i5, 2.5GHz, 500GB HDD 7200rpm, 12GB RAM, which still works with Mavericks because of Logic's CPU load on Yosemite, that forced me to a time wasting up-downgrading. After a while I was forced to downgrade again to Mavericks, in order for Logic Pro X 10.1 to work properly, without Yosemite's CPU load, that does not let work on my projects created on Mavericks. Shame on Apple again for my wasted time. I'm leaving Yosemite attempts behind forever, because I want to focus on my music...

I have exactly the same iMac and same problem.

Projects that wouldn't consume 50% of my CPU in 10.8.5 with LPX10.0.7 can't be played back in Yosemite 10.10.1

I am thinking of reverting back to 10.8.5 as i need to make music and not sort out s#@t but this means i don't have the LPX10.1 added features.

Does 10.1 run fine (without the CPU drain) on Mavericks - this might be a better solution?

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 is available in the Mac App Store. The install went smooth. I've still got spotlight reindexing each boot up. Other than that first impression is very good, no issues regarding Logic.

- Resolves an issue that may cause Wi-Fi to disconnect

- Resolves an issue that may cause web pages to load slowly

- Fixes an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content when the preference was disabled in Mail

- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones

- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine

- Improves VoiceOver speech performance

- Resolves an issue that causes VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page

- Addresses an issue that may cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly

- Improves stability and security in Safari

For me it is still causing a lot of lag in logic with regard to input response (clicking). I have a backup from before I updated to Yosemite, but obviously I have new or updated files since then which complicates things a bit. From a couple google searches I have found methods for backtracking to Mavericks assuming a backup is available, but does anyone have a link to a procedure they found most reliable?

Thanks guys

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

No issues for me with Yosemite cause I haven´t installed it... BUT:

Let me tell you something about LPX 10.1.0 and EuCon and OS 10.9.5. IT´S CAUSING A MESS!!!

After the update to 10.1.0 from 10.0.7 my Artist Series freezes and caused crashes... Did the uninstall and reinstall procedure for EuCon but nothings changed!

Did a downgrade back to 10.0.7 via TimeMachine and now Logic is a complete PitA:

Everything inside Logic changed from the view options to commands to patches and even the skin... NO PRO ANYMORE AT ALL!!!

When I opened a project it says: WARNING! This project was created by a newer Logic Pro X version. This may cause Problems. Please update Logic Pro X."...

IT ALREADY CAUSED ME PROBLEMS APPLE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

NEVER EVER TOUCH THE 10.1.0 LPX UPDATE IF YOU HAVE A RUNNING SYSTEM... NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings!

No issues for me with Yosemite cause I haven´t installed it... BUT:

Let me tell you something about LPX 10.1.0 and EuCon and OS 10.9.5. IT´S CAUSING A MESS!!!

After the update to 10.1.0 from 10.0.7 my Artist Series freezes and caused crashes... Did the uninstall and reinstall procedure for EuCon but nothings changed!

Did a downgrade back to 10.0.7 via TimeMachine and now Logic is a complete PitA:

Everything inside Logic changed from the view options to commands to patches and even the skin... NO PRO ANYMORE AT ALL!!!

When I opened a project it says: WARNING! This project was created by a newer Logic Pro X version. This may cause Problems. Please update Logic Pro X."...

IT ALREADY CAUSED ME PROBLEMS APPLE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

NEVER EVER TOUCH THE 10.1.0 LPX UPDATE IF YOU HAVE A RUNNING SYSTEM... NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried creating a new user account, as mentioned on that troubleshooting website from Apple?

Hi there folks,

same problem a few months ago,m but searching online I found one solution. Even in Mavericks there were many issues with my two blackbirds and found a solution too. Just write me and I'll tell you how. My system is running on mavericks and i'm using two-connected blackbirds sans issues.

i'll be happy to help :D , as I was really disappointed too since my mails wit MACKIE.

Hi Atlas,

Yes, ...tried that too in the state of panic;)

Today I´ve done a complete system replacement with the Time Machine, solved the problem.

Most of the time I adopt a wait and see attitude regarding new updates... Anyway: Thanks for trying to help me!!!

Greetings from germany,

Maik

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running Logic 10.1.1 and Yosemite without any issues at all.

The Yosemite was an update from Snow Leopard and not a clean install. I also had to update VE Ensemble Pro 5.

I'm using a UAD Apollo Quad Firewire on a Mid 2012, 12 Core 2.4GHz tower with 64GB RAM.

The system is very stable and a bit snappier than the identical hardware running Snow Leopard and Logic 10.0.7.

Happy to answer any other questions regarding this system/plugs etc.

-A