New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

Another new bug? - create a track, add a send, option- click or right click on the send bus (the right hand one of your two channel objects) and choose “create track” and . . . nothing happens, except a couple of existing tracks get highlighted. This + the freeze bug mean back to 10.4.4 for me, unfortunately . .

Didn't they assign something like this to showing associated aux tracks?

Another new bug? - create a track, add a send, option- click or right click on the send bus (the right hand one of your two channel objects) and choose “create track” and . . . nothing happens, except a couple of existing tracks get highlighted. This + the freeze bug mean back to 10.4.4 for me, unfortunately . .

I just tried it and can replicate the 'no track created' behavior. And, bonus!, if I try it again, Logic crashes instantly. Fortunately I never use that particular method, but....seems like a bug.

I just tried it and can replicate the 'no track created' behavior. And, bonus!, if I try it again, Logic crashes instantly. Fortunately I never use that particular method, but....seems like a bug.

Hi Dven,

When you say "that particular method" - is there another way of doing the same thing that I could use as a workaround?

thanks

Malcolm

Hi Dven,

When you say "that particular method" - is there another way of doing the same thing that I could use as a workaround?

thanks

Malcolm

Sorry - really meant I never use that particular way of creating arrange tracks (method not the best terminology in this case!) I didn't try the key command. But, it does work from the mixer window..... just not the arrange window......

That is unlikely to ever change. You can't really parallelize a serial plugin chain.

Well, apparently you partially can. I'm not enough of a tech head to explain it, but a friend of mine who is at least a bit into audio programming told me it's possible at least as soon as you're using different plugins in a serial chain (such as a synth followed by whatever FX device). But he also said it'd likely be quite difficult to implement.

Hi Dven,

thanks

Malcolm

Sorry - really meant I never use that particular way of creating arrange tracks (method not the best terminology in this case!) I didn't try the key command. But, it does work from the mixer window..... just not the arrange window......

That qualifies as a workaround - thanks!

well If you think about it, the second plugin the chain can’t do what it needs to do until the first plugin has completed what it needs to do to pass the digital audio down the chain. you are dealing with a block of audio data and each plugin operates on it, in order. A plugin could perhaps fork its own threads to paralleize it’s own work but that is often more trouble then it’s worth and sometimes not possible at all depending on things needing to happen serially because later operations are dependent on earlier operation results.

It is not likely to happen.

No, not likely - in fact the one way it could happen is if you could create a universal impulse response type of data that plugins output which can be immediately applied to the audio.

That way each plugin could build this response data in parallel and apply it to the audio in serial fashion, if a standard response type was ever developed it could be processed on a hardware level too.

For the finer details on what the response data would need to contain and HOW it's processed - well, you'll have to speak with my Golden Retriever, he's the one with the brains. ;)

Would open up the possibility of cloud processing of course, and we'll end up paying monthly fee's for external processing instead of buying plugins.

I just downloaded my new version of Logic Pro 10.4.5 and now it won't open, it crashes every time. Any one else having this issue?

It is just a single session file that won't open from any disk. All older sessions open just fine. Very odd.

Edited by fltPLYR

Did you resolve this? I have a Korg nano but haven't upgraded to 10.4.5 yet

I have not. Nor have I established that it’s a common issue and not something specific to my setup. I haven’t found an account from anyone with the same problem.

I answered on a different forum -

10.4.5 "broke" my nanoKONTROL2 - it works fine on my laptop running 10.4.4

I just downloaded my new version of Logic Pro 10.4.5 and now it won't open, it crashes every time. Any one else having this issue?

Help, I am in the middle of a project.

No issues like that - and no ideas about how to deal with it.

But, not to put you down or anything, this is exactly why you don't update in such situations. Or why you keep a copy of the old version around all the time (which is easy by simply copying the program file/package).

You may perhaps find someone sending you the old version but it's a pretty large file.

It turns out it is only one session all other files open. Everything is backed up on two back up disks and for some reason this particular session file crashes. I have sent my diagnostic to a computer assistant that will help..I hope. Thanks anyway.

It is just a single session file that won't open from any disk. All older sessions open just fine. Very odd.

I just happened to see this same problem from another new LPX 10.4.5 user.

The solution was to delete LPX prefs and then restart LPX.

Hope it helps

Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG] not FIX... wow.. amazing.. NO fix.. in years.Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 9.57.04 PM.png

what is that? it doesn't happen here (and i don't ever remember seeing that). what happens exactly?

Me neither... never saw that happen either

you can search on this forum for "Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]" and you will found ways to replicate the BUG..amazing how Logic Pro X "PRO" theme just CANNOT fix this annoying BUG. after so many years.. must be UNFIXABLE.

i have never had this problem. check your snap settings. try a different template. something's up; i do this sort-of thing all the time, and it always works...

you can search on this forum for "Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]" and you will found ways to replicate the BUG..amazing how Logic Pro X "PRO" theme just CANNOT fix this annoying BUG. after so many years.. must be UNFIXABLE.