New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

DEFAULT MIXER SETTINGS. FINALLY.

You can now save default mixer components in Mixer. So if you close it and reopen it, it won't revert to its default state, which is terrible.

I've been waiting for this since LP9.

Where and how do you do it?

where ashermusic screenshotted!

I've been waiting so long for this, everytime i accidentally closed the mixer window and had to reconfigure it from scratch. :o :O

Same here ... i have a late 2012 imac - i5 2.7 Ghz processor (4 cores) running Mojave 10.14.5 - i'm not getting the option to update in the App store either - why ??? Please do help -

I spoke with a very helpful Apple Support guy and we found a dumb solution: drag Logic from the applications folder into the trash and then download Logic from the App Store. Worked for me!

Thank You so much ! Will try that now ! Was travelling for 4 days and just got back Home ... Very Kind Of You ... Thank You !!!

DEFAULT MIXER SETTINGS. FINALLY.

You can now save default mixer components in Mixer. So if you close it and reopen it, it won't revert to its default state, which is terrible.

I've been waiting for this since LP9.

Had to do this so many times it only takes a couple of seconds but it’s still maddening! Been waiting for this one.

Allows you to store mixer view settings as a user default. So you don’t have to set them up manually every time.

I'm not sure what you mean with "every time". I mean, I'm exclusively working with templates - and the mixer just stays the way I configured it when creating the template. And I'm doing it like that since, hm, let's see, I started using Logic with version 3.0, back then there was the good old Autoload.lso - which was a template as well, so I guess it's since over 20 years already.

So, does that only apply when you start a completely empty song?

Maybe this has been addressed already here, but there are a series of new controls above the channel strips for "audio device controls"

It looks like a low cut, a phase button, and a direct toggle. And 48, 48hz? They are all greyed out for me, does anyone know how these work, does the audio driver specifically need to support it?

lol

Allows you to store mixer view settings as a user default. So you don’t have to set them up manually every time.

I'm not sure what you mean with "every time". I mean, I'm exclusively working with templates - and the mixer just stays the way I configured it when creating the template. And I'm doing it like that since, hm, let's see, I started using Logic with version 3.0, back then there was the good old Autoload.lso - which was a template as well, so I guess it's since over 20 years already.

So, does that only apply when you start a completely empty song?

the template does what it's designed to do; give you a starting point you've configured in advance. all my work starts from my templates. but if you're starting from a 'virgin' new project, then, yes.. you can now setup your mixer to default as you choose to set it.

By every time, I mean every new project, that isn’t form a template with mixer already open and views set as desired, or every time you open a new mixer window, etc.

Now when opening a new mixer window, it will already have the view settings I prefer, instead of having to configure it.

Maybe this has been addressed already here, but there are a series of new controls above the channel strips for "audio device controls"

It looks like a low cut, a phase button, and a direct toggle. And 48, 48hz? They are all greyed out for me, does anyone know how these work, does the audio driver specifically need to support it?

lol

Those are for compatible interfaces. If you have one, they aren’t greyed out. With the update there are more parameters available (with compatible interfaces). It’s the top option in view options and you can make it not visible (since it’s useless without the right hardware)

By every time, I mean every new project, that isn’t form a template with mixer already open and views set as desired, or every time you open a new mixer window, etc.

Now when opening a new mixer window, it will already have the view settings I prefer, instead of having to configure it.

Ok, that confirms what I suspected, thanks.

Funny, because it made me think about how often I actually opened a new mixer in an existing project in the last decade(s) - which seems to be pretty much never. I have a mixer on screenset 2 for as long as I can remember and in case I need a modified version (for example one only showing busses) I copy the screenset to #7 (which is my first free screenset since ages, too). Fwiw, I only started using the "embedded" mixer at the bottom with LPX - the only reason for that being that they messed up the zoom memory (major-GRRR!)

Btw, yes, I do occasionally create projects from scratch, but it's usually just to create a new template - and it seems I got so accustomed to quickly adjust the mixer settings to my likings that I never noticed I had to do it. Anyway, usually I even create new templates from existing ones. I even have a template for an "empty" project as there's a few things I know I can't work without.

I figured out how to resolve this, ubt I'm guessing others may have slightly different outcomes. You'll want to open the Console application on your mac to view the crash logs for Logic. After you have a crash, go to "User Reports" and check out the one for your most recent Logic crash. For me, in that crash report, I found that Logic was failing at its attempt to load my Axiom Pro plugin. After moving that plug-in out of the way (it existed in /Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins/ ), I was able to get a successful open of Logic. Depnding on which plug-in it is that's your culprit, you may need to look in different directories to test. I'm not sure what this means for my old MIDI controller, but at least now I have Logic back...

Yes, this is happening to me now as well. I know people say you should back up a version before upgrading etc. But for me, this is the first time in ~10 years that Logic has just totally crashed upon updating. I guess I got lazy a few years and began to trust Apple. I have a recent time machine to go back to, but it'd be great if Apple (or someone on this board) could provide a fix.

I just downloaded my new version of Logic Pro 10.4.5 and now it won't open, it crashes every time. Any one else having this issue?

It is just a single session file that won't open from any disk. All older sessions open just fine. Very odd.

Can anyone confirm that you can no longer tab between start and end points in the bounce dialog box? I used to open the bounce project dialog box, type in my starting point (say 3.2.1) hit tab and type in my ending point.

Hitting Tab doesn’t advance the cursor to the ending box on my system. Is this just me?

Thanks.

I haven't entered any locations in the Bounce dialog ever. Before hitting Bounce, I'd either select one or more Regions (which will Bounce from start of first to end of last selected Region), or drag a Marquee, or drag a Cycle, both of which define the range to Bounce, or select nothing, which will bounce everything.

Yeah - I know that works too. But it is habit to just hit the KC for bounce project (and not worry about what I have selected or not) and enter the start and end points. I have muscle memory that just hits the beginning (usually 3.4.1 to catch any drum lead in) - TAB - 654 (this makes sure I get the end of the project) - TAB - RETURN will touch the entire project. I can learn a new way, but I have been doing this forever, so.

I figured out how to resolve this, ubt I'm guessing others may have slightly different outcomes. You'll want to open the Console application on your mac to view the crash logs for Logic. After you have a crash, go to "User Reports" and check out the one for your most recent Logic crash. For me, in that crash report, I found that Logic was failing at its attempt to load my Axiom Pro plugin. After moving that plug-in out of the way (it existed in /Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins/ ), I was able to get a successful open of Logic. Depnding on which plug-in it is that's your culprit, you may need to look in different directories to test. I'm not sure what this means for my old MIDI controller, but at least now I have

If you’re referring to the axiompro.bundle that allows logic to use it as an integrated controller it seems there is no way to get it to work. It still sees the axiom and receives general midi but the control surface template doesn’t work. What it means for me is I now have a controller available (axiompro 61) for smart controls and midi note input.

This update has broken the ability to select each next/previous track with the arrow up/down keys for me. I don't see any reports of that elsewhere; is it just me?

That’s probably because like me you remapped Transpose +1,-1 to up down arrow. Logic now transpose regions directly from the track window instead of inside the midi editor only.

I’ve remapped those to default and it fixed it

This update has broken the ability to select each next/previous track with the arrow up/down keys for me. I don't see any reports of that elsewhere; is it just me?

That’s probably because like me you remapped Transpose +1,-1 to up down arrow. Logic now transpose regions directly from the track window instead of inside the midi editor only.

I’ve remapped those to default and it fixed it

Aha, you've solved it. Thanks so much! Is there no way to keep both functionalities then, transposing just MIDI notes up/down with just the arrow keys, but also selecting tracks with those keys?