Logic Project Opening Error [SOLVED]

sguney
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi guys,

I formatted my computer after I transferred my projects to my external hard drive. Then I installed logic again and tried to open my projects which are transferred back to the computer. But Logic keep giving me the same error: " The operation could not be completed, no other information is available about the problem."

Does anyone know what am I supposed to do.

Thanks.

OK, good. Your problem is something else then.

Can you upload one of your project files to this thread (just the project file with no audio files) for us to check out? You'll need to zip it first before you can upload it and you do that by control+click the project file and choosing Compress "(project file name)". My apologies if you already know how to do this.

J.

Hi guys,

I formatted my computer after I transferred my projects to my external hard drive. Then I installed logic again and tried to open my projects which are transferred back to the computer.

HI

File permissions error?

In the Finder, select the Project folder, and "Get Info" (Command I). Check that your (new) User account has Read/Write permissions

CCT

• Solution

Your project file got the infamous "@0" disease we saw in this thread:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=435061#p435061

Basically "@0" gets appended to the contents of you project file bundle:

@0.png.32d3fd14db775b34f866a94b11ace2b6.png

You simply need to edit those out of the file names (control-click the project files and choose Show Package Contents).

I've attached a fixed version of your Awesome Melody project. Make sure ant other project-related files do not have these @0's appended to their names.

Also, I found this funny message in the OS's console when trying to open your project prior to editing out the @0's:

802177275_funnyconsole.png.e04d05eaa906dfc2d289aca2614ec715.png

Can you believe it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

Awesome Melody.logic.zip

• Like 1

Why did this situation occur in the first place ? Now all the audio files in the projects are bugged and there are thousands of them. So everytime I open the projects logic can't find them due to different name and I have to locate each of them individually...

Why did this situation occur in the first place ? Now all the audio files in the projects are bugged and there are thousands of them. So everytime I open the projects logic can't find them due to different name and I have to locate each of them individually...

Did you read that read I linked to?

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=435155#p435155

J.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I keep on getting the same message when I'm trying to open Logic 9.1.8 on my Macbook Pro / 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Something that is worth mentioning is that I'm running the project straight from an external drive (USB 3.0) and it has been working fine for about 6 months but suddenly, two days ago to be exact, I got that horrible message "The operation could not be completed, no other information is available about the problem".

I've been trying to move the project folder over to the the internal drive but when I try doing that it simply says the the information in the file couldn't be written or read error -36.

I am able to open previous versions of the project from my external drive that but as soon as I try going for the latest version I get that message.

It seems like that specific file has been damaged somehow and I have no clue why. My external drive runs on MAC OS Extended.

If there's anyone who could give me any tips or tricks on how to open that project I would be for always grateful... Thank you!

/Bill

Open a new Empty Project.

Open Logic's Browser on the right and navigate to the Project file that won't open.

Select the naughty Project file and click Import at the bottom right of the Browser.

Put checks in all the boxes of everything you want to import and click Add.

Click on Import Project Settings and put checks in all the boxes of everything you want to import and click Import.

Thank you for the fast response!

I just did this:

"Open a new Empty Project.

Open Logic's Browser on the right and navigate to the Project file that won't open.

Select the naughty Project file and click Import at the bottom right of the Browser."

After clicking on Import i get a message saying "The format of this file is not compatible with this Logic Pro version. Please load first into Logic Pro version 7.2 or earlier to convert the project."

Why would I get this message when I was working on this file in this version of Logic (9.1.8) 3 days ago and I havn't made any changes to Logic since?

If there's anyone who could give me any tips or tricks on how to open that project I would be for always grateful... Thank you!

I also get these error messages. Very annoying indeed. What works for me is to make a copy of the project in the finder (cmd-D). The copy opens fine.

Anyone knows what might cause this problem and how to solve it?

BTW, it is not the "@0" disease.

Wouter

Just tried copying the project and it wouldn't let me. There's only a problem with that specific project file. Like I said earlier, previous versions of the project 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc works fine opening but this one, 1.9 just won't work. If there's anyone that has any more suggestions on what to do, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you!

/Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I've tried both of the above solutions (command-d and @0) but I'm getting the same error message every time I try and open the project. Any ideas?

I'm on a macbook pro 15 i7 running osx 10.9.2 and logic pro 9. My other projects work fine, it's just one of them. I've attached the project file that doesn't work.

Really need help on this!!

Cheers,

Chris

Avonmore.zip

• 2 months later...

Please I am in desperate need of help I've just finished a 13 hour day in the studio and went home to work some more on my project which I did but now it's not letting me into it! I have checked and I do not have the infamous "@0" disease. What else could it be? Is it something to do with my WD drive which I was working off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have another full day on this project tomorrow.

Thanks

Edvard

Please I am in desperate need of help I've just finished a 13 hour day in the studio and went home to work some more on my project which I did but now it's not letting me into it! I have checked and I do not have the infamous "@0" disease. What else could it be? Is it something to do with my WD drive which I was working off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have another full day on this project tomorrow.

Thanks

Edvard

Edvard, you need to give more details about your problem. Start by adding the required info to your signature:

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Thank you.

J.

Logic 9.1.8

OS X 10.8.2

Macbook

Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 4GB

Please add this info to your signature so that it appears automatically in all your posts. Use the link I provided in my previous post. Thank you.

Any idea what I might do? Please help

Yes. Try my first suggestion in this post:

viewtopic.php?p=558037#p558037

J.

• 3 years later...