Logic Pro 8 Screenshots

David Nahmani

I am still reading the manual, but I have not seen anything about the code that was used in Logic 8. I read in post that the limit on memory limit has be taken care of. But the robustness of have it 64-bit will help bring down cpu cycles once 10.5 come to stage. I hope... I'm no brain in this stuff. But just something I wanted to know. Back to the book.

Yeah, is there a better drum mapping editor?

Can you post a pic of EXS please? Especially it's edior, is it still rubbish?

Also, any word on the compressor, limiter & mastering tools? Can I finally leave Waves alone?

If not, 7 is fine with me..

I'm relatively new to these forums, been poting mostly on the official apple ones, but I want to take this opportunity to add my personal thanks to David for maintaining a great site dedicated to one of the best DAW's out there.

Getting on topic, I'm a "Logic Defender" at my school (audio engineering). We use Logic and Protools HD in our studio, and many people have been whining about "if only Logic could edit audio better..." From the looks of LS8, that seems to be the case.

Now, everyone unfortunately knows that ProTools is the defacto audio editor for most studios. What I would like to know is, does LS8 have the functionality to allow a user to take a session (not necessarily a PT session, just a bunch of AIFF's) into LS, and edit them relatively the same way that PT does? I have to admit, as much as it's a bit of a thorn in my side, I *am* trained and comfortable with PT's editing tools and workflow (that's getting close to an oxymoron, there). I realize that LS8 has had a major overhaul as far as audio editing is concerned. My question is.... did they get it right?

And are there any screenshots to prove it?

Here's hoping! (But really ,everyone who knows me knows I'll be buying this anyway rather soon)

I think it is cool how Apple managed to mention David's site (this site) on their "Resource" page: Resource Page

that is probably nothing new - or is it a big deal ... but I was impressed!

It is new, and it is a big deal. I had asked them to add our link for years now! That's really cool they did that, and also added links to the local user groups.

I got to talk to my people at apple yesterday, and they were telling me all the new things that Logic included that the pictures aren't showing. 1st the mixer is so much more intuitive. For example I don't recall what he called it but It think is was solo fader or solo shot. I know a lot of you remember having to scour Logic to find all the plugs, busses, and auxes, that were included with or tied to a specific track, namely drums and vocals. Now with the new Logic you can now have so that when you pull up solo shot or solo fader, it pulls all the tracks, busses, and auxes tied to that one track in the mix window. This is especially good for us people who mix our own projects, it's a huge time saver. Another one I'm really loving, and I did this a lot in Logic Pro 7, but it's a lot more streamlined and better in Logic Pro 8, is comping vocals. I love the new feature for comping vocals. Now you just select the pieces you want and it makes the comp for you. Before I had to select one and mute the others, then drag the pieces I selected to another virtual track to do my crossfades. Logic 8 does that for you now.

UB man I can't say enough to what they've done to this plug. In my humble opinion, I think that Mr Jobs as crushed Digi. Two main ways, the new price point. They handed out Grageband for free, like a drug dealear getting all these people hooked. Now they say hey if you want the more professional version, just pay 500 dollors. It has most of the features in Pro Tools, that we longed for to have in logic, the marquee tool, and Sample accurate editing for those of you who needed that.

To get a decent ProTools rig you need to spend roughly 7500 and that doesn't get you any decent plugs. Infact you don't get any great plugs, and you don't get any musical plug instruments. So count on paying another 5000 - 7500. With Logic, for 500 dollars you can make a record right out the box. I'm not saying it's gonna sound great, cause you need additional outboard gear to make a great sounding record, but you can still record one.

I'm very impressed with what apple has done, and it's been well worth the wait.